Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

Ok, flashed CM7.1 on my Fascinate.

Thanks Rajan ji for reminding that CM7.1 is here else I had just downloaded this and forgotten it.

A few minutes experiience, very fast and awesome on Anndroid 2.3.7.

Just like earlier versions of CM Roms, Data will not work on this for Non-Verizon users.

Wait wait wait............. don't get disappointed.

Where there is no way, there is XDA.

After flashing this CM7.1 on my Fascinate I just reminded that some member on XDA had posted solution for using data on CM based ROMs for Non-Verizon Networks.

I had earlier used this patch while using MIUI Rom. I just flashed that patch and thats it, Data started on my Fascinate.

XDA Data Patch for Non Verizon Users

Enjoy.

Just now flashed with CM7 & as mentioned by Tarunbhai, tried flashing with this new_patch_miui_cm7_omfgb_signed.zip for enabling data but could not do the same. After talking to Tarunbhai, understood my mistake. I was entering into recovery mode by pressing VOL UP + VOL DN + Power button. But, as he guided, we have to enter into recovery by pressing power button & select reboot. Then it will ask for normal reboot or recovery. Select recovery & then flash the ZIP to enable data. Data working now...

Thanks Tarunbhai...

tarunji/hiteshji

i am also om cm 7.1.0 an want to eanble the data after doing the steps mensioned above do i need to do anything more

pl bear with me as i am not an expert but follow the instructions in detail

also there are 4 patches in the link as below which one should i download

Old Patch for MIUI Fascinate ROM:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1798570914

Latest Patch (smaller + no rewriting build.prop)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1318349310

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1748101774

http://www.filesonic.com/file/185202...d_massaint.zip

(using MIUI ROM for Mesmerize)

jasmin shah

No there is nothing more to do.

Just flash CM7.1 and let the device boot once.

Press and hold power button, select reboot recovery.

Flash the Patch, you can use the second patch.

Latest Patch (smaller + no rewriting build.prop)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1318349310

Thats all.

Edited by tarun_kabra

hey everyone who ever is using, CM7 on fascinate please post your detailed experience with battery backup especially Rajan Bhai!

dear tarunji

flashed the zip file successfully but 1x data is stil not working do i need to set up some parameters in mobile

i have gone to settings->wireless & n/w->mobile nws->enable plus enabled the background data

the 1x sybol has come up in status bar but no connection i think i have missed some setting

thanxs

jasmin

Was your data working fine before flashing that?

dear tarunji

no data was not working at the time of flashin cm 7.1

initially the 1x data was set by hiteshji as he was in mumbai luckiely at the time of getting the instrument

this stopped working when i tried to do the rooting

after that cell was working fine with stock rom bt no data

than i succeded in flashing the cm7.1

any info required to diagnose the reason tell me i will find and post

the battery issue is much better after recalibrating and setting max cpu speed to 800

jasmin

Ok, you will have to back to Stock ROM and first get Data working on that.

is there no way of getting data to work without going back to stock rom

going back to stock rom can be done thro clockwork recovery right ?

any links steps for that

thnaxs for the help

guys , i seem to have a gps fix issue with the fascinate, even in open areas i do not get a fix, tried using gps test, to no avail, do we have an easy method to solve this issue, thanks for the help in advance

guys , i seem to have a gps fix issue with the fascinate, even in open areas i do not get a fix, tried using gps test, to no avail, do we have an easy method to solve this issue, thanks for the help in advance

GPS locking or accuracy is by and large ROM dependent ( also the safest )

update or upgrade your ROM

Hi everyone!

I currently have a samsung sch-i500 (same as verizon fascinate) which I bought from RELIANCE. It's currently running the stock OS ie android 2.1 eclair. Now I want to update my phone to android 2.2 or 2.3. I have a few queries:

1) can a handset bought from reliance be upgraded to froyo or gingerbread without losing evdo and calls?

2) I've gone through this thread and find almost everyone here has a verizon fascinate.

Can someone help me out with the same by either giving a step by step procedure (currently very confused between all these different roms and different procedures.

Else, if someone could personally help me out...

3) how do i find my min no?

My phone details are as follows Hardware version i 500.04 Firmware version 2.1 update Baseband version s: i500.04 v.dl10 Kernel: 2.6.29 Build no SCH-I500.DL14

Thanks in advance

Swapnil

Hi everyone!

I currently have a samsung sch-i500 (same as verizon fascinate) which I bought from RELIANCE. It's currently running the stock OS ie android 2.1 eclair. Now I want to update my phone to android 2.2 or 2.3. I have a few queries:

1) can a handset bought from reliance be upgraded to froyo or gingerbread without losing evdo and calls?

2) I've gone through this thread and find almost everyone here has a verizon fascinate.

Can someone help me out with the same by either giving a step by step procedure (currently very confused between all these different roms and different procedures.

My phone details are as follows Hardware version i 500.04 Firmware version 2.1 update Baseband version s: i500.04 v.dl10 Kernel: 2.6.29 Build no SCH-I500.DL14

Thanks in advance

Swapnil

hi swapnil,

I think you can update by selecting these options...

goto settings > about phone > status. there you can write down your min no.

goto settings > about phone > system updates.

try here .

hey swapnil, i think Mr. Amit already explained how to get your min number... one more procedure that you can update read carefully...

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance

Swapnil

hi swapnil,

I think you can update by selecting these options...

goto settings > about phone > status. there you can write down your min no.

goto settings > about phone > system updates.

try here .

I tried the same and i dint find any in the status tab and neither is the system update tab visible on reliance handset. I know that the verizon version does have these in its menu. Sadly not present in the reliance version (they dont want to give you updates).

Also, as per the details i have posted above, can u tell me the exact version as baseband says DL10 and build no says DL14

Is MIN no and MEID no same?

Edited by Maverick75

hey buddy, can u find MSID in the status tab???? thats nothing but your min... as you asked for step by step guide... i think this should solve your problem... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1238070 well.... feel free to ask any doubts... one more thing... as you mentioned you bought the handset from reliance... if i am not wrong its official with bill... you can also walk in to any Samsung service center and they should update the handset for you...

Here's the reply i got from XDAforum ....

"" I'm glad you're reading so closely. I've never actually done this exact process myself, so perhaps others will comment, but I believe that you won't even need to install the Superuser zip to accomplish what you want to do in this first step, which is to do a backup of your phone.

With Odin, you can install CWM Recovery, which should allow you do a nandroid backup to your phone's sd card. Once you have that backup and the added confidence it brings, you should then be able to use Odin to flash the EH03 stock ROM.

I'm thinking you may not even require the basics of what droidstyle's guide offers (root access, custom ROMs etc.) It sounds like you'd be happy on an unrooted gingerbread that works. I really wish you'd been able to find other Reliance users doing the same thing. That's my only hangup on this. Having said that, these are the basic steps I'm recommending:

Use Odin to flash the CWM recovery file you downloaded.

Boot the phone into recovery mode, just as droidstyle explains (three fingers).

Navigate to the option to make a backup, and let it finish.

Use options in CWM to wipe data, cache, and dalvik (this will wipe all apps/contacts/text messages from your phone, but it won't affect your sd card).

Power down the phone (you may have to reboot before you can do this).

Go back into download mode and use Odin to flash the stock EH03 ROM.

Reinstall whichever apps you want.

There are others in these forums far more knowledgeable, so perhaps they'll comment or confirm if we're lucky.

I've done a complete return to stock several times, even using the atlas repartioning file, and I've never lost my phone activation or mobile data. I don't have any reason to think you'll need to do anything else to keep your phone working.""

Hi All,

I am not sure what wrong I have done.

My samsung fascinate was frequently getting hanged, was awfully slow of-late and even a game like temple run (1st version) was unplayable. So I decided to factory reset it. I did it from the setting menu on phone. I have previously installed custom rom's but I had settled on GB (stock Gingerbread) which I personally liked.

After the factory reset, Its taking me to the 'Select Language' and then 'Please Send to activate your phone screen'. When I attempt to activate, the IVR tells me that my phone is already activated and that I should be able to use it once I restart the phone.

But after I restart the phone, it again takes me to activation screen,. tried it numerous times.

Please help.

Note: Phone is registered with reliance.

Add me on Gtalk

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

Heloo guys,i have samsung fascinate.at early morning i charges my phone with full of battery and i am not using my phone whole day,no msg no call and no data,at the end of the evening only 20% battery remaining.battrys health is too good.any solution??

Thanx in advance

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Install Battery Calibration from Play store. It is only work in rooted devices.

Procedure:

Wait for fully discharge your Fascinate. Plugin the charger, when it charged 100% plug out Power off then again plugged in. After 100% plug out restart the phone and again plugged in. When it says 100% don't plug out start the apk Battery Calibration and Hit Calibration button ;)

post-69747-13749508346_thumb.jpg

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

Edited by amitroutray

Thanks Amitji:will try asap.but i have to first root my fascinate.cn u tell me easy process of root fascinate??

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

anyone got solution for my problem???