Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

Hi.

I am getting very less signals on my Fascinate, just 0,1 or 2 bars ( -96, -101, -106dBm). Data also works once in a while, I can see 1x and 3G occasionally, I have run speedtest.net but it runs once after trying 2-3 times. Else, it says, netwrok error. The speed I get is 40-50 kbps.

At the same place, I have reliance Netconnect Plus, with HSD mode and the signal is 95-100%. connectivity and speed is also excellent.

I am on EB01 2.2.1 firmware and the baseband is EC01. Tried other radio also like EB01, DL09 but result is same.

What can be the reason?

Hi guys,I got a fascinate,The problem is that only the backlight of the 3 touch sensitive buttons are working whereas not of the fourth one. The buttons works fine but not the backlight. Is it an hardware issue?

Hi.

I am getting very less signals on my Fascinate, just 0,1 or 2 bars ( -96, -101, -106dBm). Data also works once in a while, I can see 1x and 3G occasionally, I have run speedtest.net but it runs once after trying 2-3 times. Else, it says, netwrok error. The speed I get is 40-50 kbps.

At the same place, I have reliance Netconnect Plus, with HSD mode and the signal is 95-100%. connectivity and speed is also excellent.

I am on EB01 2.2.1 firmware and the baseband is EC01. Tried other radio also like EB01, DL09 but result is same.

What can be the reason?

My problem was solved same day, it was a problem from back-end. It was a new connection and it was in the process of being activated.

Edited by mgdelhi

Can inbuilt FM available in fascinate

Hi,

I am looking for scratch guard for Fascinate. If someone having a spare one, please let me know.

Hi all I got Fascinate. it fascinates me really :clap: .

Yesterday I have changed my MDN to this and all data are working fine. By today morning there is no data even the Mobile Data is on. I dont know what happened. I have not installed any apps. The data was there at 12:56 am then i sleep but when i woke up there is no data. Please help me

Verizon is Sending Maintenance Update ED04 To Samsung Fascinate

Source

Owners of the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon should be getting prompted to install an OTA update pretty soon – but it's just a maintenance update with a couple of bug fixes. It fixes two things. The two things in question? It improves the delivery of over-the-air updates and incoming call connectivity.

You should be able to pull this update now, if you haven't gotten it already.

2011-06-10-10h28_39_thumb.png

Hi

Anyone know how to connect fascinate as massstorage (usb storage) device. My pc not detecting this. I have downloaded drivers from samsung usa website and the modem driver installed but still not detected as mass storage. Please help

:previous:

On Dialer, Dial "**87284, then on USB, choose PDA.

Done...

• Like 1

Thanks a lot friends...its working now

Any luck for call conference on Fascinate?

not possible yet.

guys finally brought samsung fascinate from hetalji.its a superb product from superb supplier.Thankyou hetal for all the support.

Now i tried to connect to my home wifi network yesterday but it always kept failing, dont know the reason as to which my wife's samsung wave was easily connected to it, what could be the issue?

What error you are getting?

Edited by phonegeek

connection failed.

I too face this issue sometime, I just reboot the phone and it connects. Try it.

On Dialer, Dial "**87284, then on USB, choose PDA.

Its not working on custom roms, at least not working on MIUI v1.7.8.

Now the issue is that my Data has stopped working since last few hours on MIUI Rom v1.7.8

It was working fine till afternoon, It is still working if I go back to any stock rom (Eclair or Froyo) but not on MIUI.

Is there any way to get QPST working with MIUI rom loaded on Fascinate.

Just want to check, if some data settings changed due to MIUI flashing.

Regards

Edited by tarun_kabra

Guys finally wifi started on my fascinate.cooool.

guys, how to take screen shot on fascinate, can someone help me, or link please if all these details are shared on some thread for fascinate.

guys, how to take screen shot on fascinate, can someone help me, or link please if all these details are shared on some thread for fascinate.

For screen shots, on any android phone, you can use a free app from market - ShootMe

This allows you to take not only screen shots, but also screen cast (video), there is an option in the app.

Shootme will only work if your phone is rooted.

Yes, ShootMe works only for Rooted phone, though I never tried the same on unrooted android.

For fascinate, you can try one more trick:-

Press & hold the back key and press the power key

Your screen shot will be saved in sd card.

I tried this just now on my fascinate, it worked. and will work even without Rooting

Edited by tarun_kabra
  • Like 1

For fascinate, you can try one more trick:-

Press & hold the back key and press the power key

Wow.. That's cool.. Tried.. It works.. Even shows the images under ScreenCapture in Gallery with share option through lot of apps.. Thanks..

edit - posted without checking that its already replied..

Edited by aalok