Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

yes i tried the same evening i asked this question by pressing vol back key and power key and it saved image as screen saver on sd card.Cool.

tell me easy way for contacts sharing, when i copied my contacts from my sd card, there are multiple contacts on one contact, heard about google sync, how do i do that?

guys, how do i post the picture of screen shot taken over here, couldnt find the way to post it through my handset.

One more thing, i have installed widget for battery usage,which shows % of remaining battery, which is there on my home screen, but i want that battery widget to replace my current battery icon on my screen.How do i do that.

guys help for above queries, i tried doing it again from my fascinate using data package, but couldnt get any options of sharing picture of screen shot.

heard about google sync, how do i do that?

Just do some search dear, there is a full thread on Google Sync, just go here. It will resolve all your doubts on Google Sync not only for Android, but for all Mobile OS.

guys, how do i post the picture of screen shot taken over here, couldn't find the way to post it through my handset.

Post it through your handset? can't get it.

I think you can surf Rimweb on your browser and post from the phone itself.

Also when you see the screenshot in gallery, you have an option to share that picture via Gmail, Picassa, etc.

One more thing, i have installed widget for battery usage,which shows % of remaining battery, which is there on my home screen, but i want that battery widget to replace my current battery icon on my screen.How do i do that.

First thing, you must root your fascinate for this modification, and have CWM Recovery.

If yes to rooting, then go to XDAA and you fill find some guide there for Modified Battery Icon.

My Fascinate does not show/install official OTA updates released by Verizon..

What is the most probable reason?

-Phone is rooted..

-Phone is working on other than Verizon Network.. i.e.. Reliance..

-Phone is not on Stock Official ROM but on a leaked Android 2.2 DL30 & Radio DL09..

What's the solution to get the OTA updates for us in above scenario? Mainly interested in the latest radios but weary of installing/messing up manually..

^

1 and 3

• Like 1

Thanks.. Suppose if i take care of 1 & 3 and install Verizon Official OTA, Will it mess up with any of the configured Reliance EVDO/PRL/Other settings?

If yes, What's the best/painless way/method of taking complete backup of all those settings in one shot & re-installing later after the update?

^

99% it shudnt; otherwise we will just reload the ppp+hdr dump file via cdma ws; also take a backup of your nam settings in cdma ws; all 5 minute jobs

• Like 1

^

1 and 3

I had tried to get OTA while staying un-rooted on DL09 official stock rom.

I couldn't get the update, tried both Wifi & EVDO.

So looks that it had to do something with point no 2 also.

So I opted for ODIN flash to Stock EB01 Odin Tar and radio EC09.

@ rajan, installing OTA should not mess up the Reliance Settings.

So I opted for ODIN flash to Stock EB01 Odin Tar and radio EC09.

Any significant advantage you noticed in EB01/EC09 compared to DL09/DL30 for radio performance/battery life?

Also read that EC09 radio is from leaked Gingerbread update and people are facing call drops/call going to voicemail during deep sleep..

^

I had received OTA on my verizon incredible while on reliance

• Like 1

@rajan, I tried DL09, EB01, ED01, ED04 & EC09 (leaked).

I used EC09 for a day or two when I flashed the Leaked EC09 Rom and I didn't faced any such call drop/missed calls during deep sleep. It might have gone un-noticed on my part.

But you are right, its a wide spread issue in EC09 along with a few other issues, so I opted back for Froyo EB01, though overall Signal quality on EC09 was better from what I am getting in EB01/ED01.

@dkaile, I too got the OTA in my Incredible, but never in Fascinate. Don't remind about Epic, have you got OTA for Epic?

I've received ota update on my epic about 3 months ago when I bought the phone from sadik bhai.

Phone on stock rom

Not rooted.

I've heard that only phones with unrooted stock rom receives ota update.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yes, I got OTA in Epic as well as on the latest EVO3d; updated both; didnt have any issue though my friend Dj is cursing me after having done the ota on his 3vo as its resetting his phone.

Edited by dkaile

guys, another issue, am unable to delete certain picture albums from my gallery, it asks to select items, and when i do, delete options goes off, when i go back and again select items to be deleted again dont get the delete option, any help for this?

:previous:

I hope, you have File explorer in your device, why not use that to delete the files.

I had stopped using default gallery in Samsung devices and use QuickPic instead.

Very fast from stock gallery and easy to use.

Sprint Devices gets Update even after latching to RCom Network, and

Verizon Devices dont get update until unless it is latched to Verizon Network.

:previous: sir, i did get an OTA update of 17.7 MB on my Verizon Droid Incredible while latched to Reliance, but not able to update as my device is rooted..

fascinate does not recieve ota i suppose

^^^

Not True !

It True Hitesh Bhai

If u are not under verizon contact, u wont receive OTA or even if u try manually for OTA it wont happen

if there is any trick

i may be wrong

Dear Friends

I am facing a problem on my fascinate. While i am using mobile internet for a long time like google talk, nimbuzz. I am not getting incoming calls. The caller gets the callback tune or ringing sound in his phone and my handset is not notifying or ringing in this time. SO the caller normally thinks that i am not answering the phone... So guyz anyone facing this issue and any solution for this i am giving my handset rom details....

Firmware version: 2.2.1

Build number: SCH-i500.ED03

Kernel: 2.6.32.9

baseband ver: S:i500.04V.ED03

This is called DEEP SLEEP Issue, which is the speciality of Fasciante lols...

Switch to DL09 your problem shall be resolved.

Or install a app - Soft Unlocker.

It should not be the issue with Jabir.

He is facing this problem while using mobile internet for a long time, so the phone can't go in deep sleep while using these apps.

It can't even be the issue of 1x-EVDO, else the caller should not have got ringing/caller tune.

If he is on 1x, the caller will get busy tome only....

hopefully can upload my first attempt of screenshot of my fascinate.

post-76166-0-40019800-1311324055_thumb.p

• Like 1

This is called DEEP SLEEP Issue, which is the speciality of Fasciante lols...

Switch to DL09 your problem shall be resolved.

Or install a app - Soft Unlocker.

amitbhai,

can u kindly post the Soft Unlocker application file. i couldn't find it in market. i have DEEP SLEEP issue on my wifey Samsung Galaxy ACE.

Thanx in advance..