Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Ecommerce Websites - Good, Bad and Ugly!

I ordered a mobile cover (Boxwave) from www.shopyourworld.com.

Delivery time was 7-8 days. After many enquiries, the product was delivered after 20 days. They sent some local TPU case instead of the Boxwave cover.

I had ordered COD.

I raised the issue immediately with their customer service and they promised the pick up the wrong product immediately.

Even after a week the cover was not reverse picked up by them.

I sent them several mails since I placed the order, but they don't bother to answer any complaint mails.

Finally after a week, they sent their office boy to pick up the case (Their office is in Andheri, Mumbai).

I was promised a refund in 2-3 days.

It has been almost 10 days and refund is still pending.

Please be careful with this seller.

I ordered for a Duffle Bag with Shopclues. Received with bad packing - folded mark on one side and one wheel was not RIVETTED :(

I sent a feedback thru Shopclues website - nil response. So contacted the Supplier directly over phone, he agreed to courier the rivets. Now I am waiting :(

Have to find a repair shop also for this new one!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Infibeam dot com - STAY AWAY

Ordered Vox room heater on their magic box sale for approx Rs 700 - product was faulty out of the box and flames were coming out

Called them up but they said their 72 hour returns window had passed but still they acknowledged the problem and took down a complaint

Then they initiated return shipment and yet after 15 days since I have not had any E-Mail communication despite followups

I called them on 31st and today and they say the product is not "damaged" as courier service is refusing to accept it was delivered in broken box

I said when did I say box was broken? The heater was faulty! Then they said you have said "damaged" but it should be "not working" and since product is not damaged their QC team has said it cannot be replaced under warranty nor can we give you refund. We will reship the same product back to you. I said I will refuse delivery of faulty product

Both customer service executive and floor supervisor shouted on me and tried to blame saying you reported after 72 hours so you need to directly followup with the brand and we have no responsibility

I told them I will go to consumer court and asked them to confirm on E-Mail what the results of their QC check was

Any idea about next steps? What is pathetic is that I have purchased many things from them earlier and for a paltry Rs 700 odd they will lose a customer forever

Terrible experience

As someone who has been on a buying spree for over a year now (shopaholic :() let me rate the popular websites on a scale of 1-5 (1 being the lowest)

Parameters considered:

A. customer service (calls, E-Mails, chat)

B. shipping (packing quality, time taken, shipping costs)

C. genuineness of products (old stock, condition)

D. deals (discounts, offers)

E. website quality (ease of use, mobile version)

The best

Flipkart - A5, B5, C5, D4, E5

Amazon - A5, B5, C5, D5, E5

Lenskart - A5, B5, C4, D4, E5

Snapdeal - A4, B5, C4, D5, E4

Mid tier

ebay (powersellers) - A3, B4, C4, D3, E5

Zovi - A5, B5, C4, D5, E3 (when you add many items in cart the discount coupon box vanishes from bottom of screen)

Jabong - A4, B4, C4, D5, E3

Myntra - A4, B4, C4, D4, E3

Pepperfry - A3, B3, C4, D4, E4

Homeshop18 - A3, B3, C3, D4, E3

Back benches

Shopclues (reputed sellers) - A3, B4, C3, D4, E2

Tradus - A2, B1, C2, D3, E4

Rediff - A1, B1, C2, D3, E2

Infibeam - A1, B3, C2, D2, E2

• Like 4

Infibeam.com experience

I lost my 3G data card and placed an order for another data card with infibeam yesterday. Today morning, my friend called that I forgot my data card at his place. I checked my order status on Infibeam. Order status was "Open" and it mentioned "Ships By: Mar 11, 2014" under "Delivery Information".

So, early morning I requested infibeam to cancel this order which is so normal with flipkart, snapdeal, etc. And I got this reply:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for writing to us. We are happy to assist you with your query.

In regards to the mail received we would ;like to inform you that your order is in process, however if you want to cancel the order than you need to pay 10% cancellation charges for the same.kindly confirm us for the same so that we can proceed further.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any further queries or question. We will be glad to assist you. You can also call 079-40260260 (Our 24×7 phone support) for instant help.

Thanks and Regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx
Infibeam Customer Service"

So, requesting my friends here to take an informed decision before buying from infibeam.com about their hidden cancellation charges.

PS: My question is, if they cancel the order (due to pricing error, no stock, or any other reason) why don't they give 10% cancellation charges to customers ?

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 1

IMHO, everyone of us has had some kind of issue with all these online sellers.

We all have fired off some kind of threating mail to them incase of wrong product delivered, faulty product, late delivery, return policy, etc.

But, greedy souls that we are, soon we are back on that site, when we find an irresistable deal or offer, that is not being given by any other seller.

Rediff shopping.

Had very poor experience. Purchased Samsung power bank 9000 mah listed as OEM.

Received replica. Customer care complaint was responded in 8 days saying OEM means replica only so they won't accept return.

Here is the original reply received:

Dear Anand,

Greetings from Rediff.com

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that as it was already mentioned on the product page that the product is OEM which means its not an original product but a replica of the same.

Hence you have received the same product and your query could not be entertained.

Assure you of prompt and courteous response on all your visits to Rediff.com

Warm Regards,

Priyanka

Customer Service

www.rediff.com

Edited by ::: VA :::

now forward rediff mail to samsung.
if samsung cares for its brand, they'll tell rediff meaning of OEM.

Edited by ni0987

Rediff shopping.

Received replica. Customer care complaint was responded in 8 days saying OEM means replica only so they won't accept return.

Dear Anand,

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that as it was already mentioned on the product page that the product is OEM which means its not an original product but a replica of the same.

Hence you have received the same product and your query could not be entertained.

Warm Regards,

Priyanka

Customer Service

www.rediff.com

OEM means Replica , a new meaning.

Clearly trying to escape.Its cheating.Dont know the meaning of replica. Ask them to see the meanig in any dictionary.How can give a imitated product which is considered as duplicate.

Dont leave the issue.Take it forward and fight.

These people can not take the customers for granted.

• Like 3

I had an issue with eBay India.

I purchased a Bluetooth headset saying it got mfg. Warranty.

However, it was an imported item and got no warranty in India.

I was refused for warranty at service center and conveyed the same to eBay.

EBay told me to get a letter from the service center authorities that there is no warranty in India. The letter was not provided to me and eBay refused me of the claim.

So their eBay guarantee programme is also nothing less than a joke which provide no protection to the buyer.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rediff shopping.

Dear Anand,

Warm Regards,

Priyanka

Customer Service

www.rediff.com

Its super illegal to sell replica of Samsung, that too specifically calling it OEM.

Now that you have this email from them, I think we have a strong case to close down rediff shopping website itself, or at least make some money in damages. These idiots need to be taught a lesson. Send them a crisp email with the words "Legal notice" on top, that too by Speed Post AD; and ask them 10 lakhs or something, within a week, failing which you should threaten to approach Samsung (who will probably sue them for 100000 crores:)), and also the consumer court, for closure of the website.

Email is admissible evidence in court.

I think you should get a call from a senior guy from rediff to negotiate with you.

Its definitely worth a try. If nothing, at least they will think before selling replicas and replying with such BS.

• Like 1

Rediff is correct on OEM part. OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer which does not imply that product is Original/Genuine. OEM's sell their product with different quality standard at a lesser price under different brand names. Specially Chinese.

OEM are the people who make and supply to equipment manufacturers as per their specifications. Not every one is OEM. Chinese has screwed up meaning of OEM.

OEM can not use original brand name as they are bound by non disclosure agreement.

Sending legal notice to rediff could teach them a lesson. Try including samsung for making your case stronger.

• Like 2

File a case buddy... Those B$ Rediff guys deserve this...

File a case buddy... Those B$ Rediff guys deserve this...

OEM are the people who make and supply to equipment manufacturers as per their specifications. Not every one is OEM. Chinese has screwed up meaning of OEM.

OEM can not use original brand name as they are bound by non disclosure agreement.

Sending legal notice to rediff could teach them a lesson. Try including samsung for making your case stronger.

Rediff is correct on OEM part. OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer which does not imply that product is Original/Genuine. OEM's sell their product with different quality standard at a lesser price under different brand names. Specially Chinese.

Rediff shopping.

Dear Anand,

Warm Regards,

Priyanka

Customer Service

www.rediff.com

Its super illegal to sell replica of Samsung, that too specifically calling it OEM.

Now that you have this email from them, I think we have a strong case to close down rediff shopping website itself, or at least make some money in damages. These idiots need to be taught a lesson. Send them a crisp email with the words "Legal notice" on top, that too by Speed Post AD; and ask them 10 lakhs or something, within a week, failing which you should threaten to approach Samsung (who will probably sue them for 100000 crores:)), and also the consumer court, for closure of the website.

Email is admissible evidence in court.

I think you should get a call from a senior guy from rediff to negotiate with you.

Its definitely worth a try. If nothing, at least they will think before selling replicas and replying with such BS.

Rediff shopping.

Dear Anand,

Warm Regards,

Priyanka

Customer Service

www.rediff.com

OEM means Replica , a new meaning.

Clearly trying to escape.Its cheating.Dont know the meaning of replica. Ask them to see the meanig in any dictionary.How can give a imitated product which is considered as duplicate.

Dont leave the issue.Take it forward and fight.

These people can not take the customers for granted.

now forward rediff mail to samsung.

if samsung cares for its brand, they'll tell rediff meaning of OEM.

Thanks everyone for supportive and encouraging words.

I will contact Samsung and file case through pgrp .

• Like 1

Inform samsung on Facebook as Samsung is very much active on Facebook page

Inform samsung on Facebook as Samsung is very much active on Facebook page

Have written to Samsung's CEO's suggestions through website.

They are very prompt in responding and already escalating the matters.

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

How is aliexpress dot com for

have anyone tried to buy something from above site..??

My friends bought flip cover from it delivar promt.

But check seller rating and also review befor buying

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

aliexpress is very professional as I feel from my 1st attempt.

Triggered from Nexus 10

Anyone ordered a phone from china and what's the customs like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk