Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingscorpian1980

Radio on R-World?

Hey All Techie Guys

I really wanted to ask u this question that "is it possible to have a FM radio in our rd2030 phone?"

Correct Me If Am wrong! Need help on that

am also a s/w programmer but need the way to program the s/w for that.

Thanx Anyways

ashutosh

I Cant Really Say Much On This Subject Since I Have Not programmed for the MSM5105 chip.

But I Doubt That The Chip Contains The Required De-Modulating Oscillators Or Oscillator Circuits Needed For Demodulation Of FM.

Even Looks As If The CDMA Antinna Wont Be Able To Recieve The (Comparitevely) Low Frequency Of 108MHz Since CDMA Works At Around 400 Mhz.

Please Post (Here) Any Info You Get On The Topic.

Not A Bad Idea Though!! :clap1::rolleyes:

Naah not yet!! Pretty interesting idea though! but i wonder how much the battery wud last in that case! :P

Well this kind of application is geting developed in DAKC. where we can listen radio from all over the world, but FM will not be supported.

Source: A friend works on senior post in DAKC (vashi).

can listen to raido all over the world but fm will not be supported? what does that mean. isnt india in the world or u talking about radio cahnnels on the net only will be avilble. i dont think relaince must have any problem in launching live radio via rworld.

Simply go for the nokia model with in built FM radio I do not know the price of it but it is there on reliance site

i think its not a good idea to have a radio link to listen to misc via r-world. coz :

1) uses alot of power

2) the phone tends to get busy sometimes.

etc ...

its better to have a radio on the handset itself ... like the no-kia models !!

i ve seen a handsfree in with fm, compatible with RD2030

Radio on R World will work like radio on internet.

i ve seen a handsfree in with fm, compatible with RD2030

26513[/snapback]

ya tht is avlbl on bazee

CAD

26527[/snapback]

guys dont go for these handsfree with fm in it. .. they are not worth a single buck ... i brought one and i repento n that ....

I had also used an similar FM handsfree, but a big thums down for it, firslty the clarity, second the quality, and most of the mie it, missed, from getting the ring, so i used to get many missed calls.

I wonder after EVDO induction, RIM would have the DAKC RADIO JAVA on RIM - EVDO Phones, as for having a good internet radio the speed shoould be atleast 128Kbps.

chandramauli can U let others know what prob it has??

Clarity? Tuning? Battery??

26719[/snapback]

particularly everything ...if u have to roam around on a vehical (car or bike ) then theres alot of distrybances, able to catch only one fm channel ... the battery covers becomes looose .........

i recently heard about 3G being used for broadcasting radio in the UK. The cost will be as high as $10 (USD) per hour. Heh, so we will have to pay Rs.430+ for listening to some dumb radio station on r-world :P

actually i've heard people mention it being benchmarked to STD rates of about Rs. 4-5/min or about 250/hour here (which is still too expensive for radio)

i recently heard about 3G being used for broadcasting radio in the UK. The cost will be as high as $10 (USD) per hour. Heh, so we will have to pay Rs.430+ for listening to some dumb radio station on r-world wink.gif

correct bro, it has been the first time in the world that a dedicated radio service has been started for mobile, The service has been started by VIRGIN MOBILE in UK

why would i pay to listen to internet radio on RIM's rip off handsets? I would rather buy an FM radio handset with mp3 player. I can listen to music when I have FM signal and to my mp3s when I dont ^^

Hi,

Know of any sites through which one can listen Hindi and English songs on the radio using R Surf :quest:

Thanks. :)

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi,

Know of any sites through which one can listen Hindi and English songs on the radio using R Surf  :quest:

Thanks.  :)

36308[/snapback]

Currently I presume this is impossible, as the browser (jataayu) is not capable of handling streaming audio.....

I'd be very happy if Jataayu just let me open wap pages.... but even that is too much to ask!

I'd be very happy if Jataayu just let me open wap pages.... but even that is too much to ask!

36324[/snapback]

:P

^

|

That speaks