Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Beat Airtel FUP - Got A True Unlimited Broadband Plan Finally

Succeeded in Getting A TRUE Unlimited Broadband Plan From Airtel - Goodbye FUP Sorprendido.gif

Took Some Real Efforts Till Nodal Officer Level

Airtel has become one of the most hated Broadband Service Provider (Atleast among the geeks & heavy downloaders) after they introduced the concept of FUP (Fair Usage Practice) in Unlimited Broadband Internet Plans.

Have been using Airtel ADSL broadband since a long time but this FUP has been a pain in you know where...

Despite being on a plan termed as UNLIMITED & paying for it, you either drop down to measly 256 kbps once you hit FUP OR pay extra for downloads...

And Airtel has been continuously droping FUP limits to ridiculously low levels.

So fed up of this FUP nonsense, decided to junk Airtel if they don't give me a TRULY unlimited broadband plan. Called them up & asked for dis-connecting my line..... The Fun begins now....

But it was hard work, damn irritating to get results with Airtel's unbelievably thick skinned customer care. At every stage, they created imaginary road blocks.

I suppose it is designed purposely to put off people trying beyond a point.

After all many call it quits but yours truly decided right in the beginning.... Either i Win or Airtel lose me as a Customer...

Finally succeeded in getting the following ADSL Broadband Plan (It's a Hidden Retention Plan...)

Airtel FREEDOM Plan - Rs 1,699 Rental Per Month

2Mbps Speed With 100 GB FUP

1Mbps Speed After reaching FUP (No Extra Charges, Unlimited Download)

Rs 100 Free Calling Value for Both Local & STD

To not make the post very long, i have put the entire STORY in the attached PDF File.... Download...Worth Reading... And Wish it Helps You TOO Getting A True Unlimited Plan From Airtel..

Getting An Unlimited Broadband Plan From Airtel.pdf

• Like 8

Rajan your work is really admirable, hats off to u

7aa8c80a-6bb2-372b.jpg

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

AirTel wireline internet has extremely restricted coverage.

Wah.. Rajan bhai... Again you have done wonders, first with KANJOOS VadaFone in mobile retention tariff and now with thick-skinned AirHELLL...

I just want to show this post and pdf file to my friends using AirHELL_BB in Bangalore to get good retention plans... (of-course ONLY with your permission) Is it OK for you, sir???

AirTel wireline internet has extremely restricted coverage.

Very TRUE... AirHELL LL/BB services are available till Virudhunagar, but NOT in my town Sivakasi (25 kms from VNR)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Succeeded in Getting A TRUE Unlimited Broadband Plan From Airtel - Goodbye FUP

Airtel FREEDOM Plan -1,699 Rental Per Month

2Mbps Speed With 100 GB FUP

1Mbps Speed After reaching FUP (No Extra Charges, Unlimited Download)100 Free Calling Value for Both Local & STD

I too have the same plan. In my personal experience (using airtel broadband for almost 5 years) Airtel broadband Service is better than others(Reliance, BSNL).

The other trick to hoodwink FUP is, go for a plan change once your reach FUP limit. But it's a cumbersome process every month.

MTNL has truly unlimited (read no FUP) 2mbps for 1899. I use 1MBPS unlimited for 999.

incredible effort and thanks for sharing ,which will surely inject more optimism and fighting spirit in BB subs

I liked this most

" i thought it is important for you people to know how not to lose premium

customers and there are simple things beyond your crores of Marketing Budgets which you can do to keep a Customer happy. Despite such a horrible experience, i am doing my part as a long time Airtel Customer.

Hope you do yours..."

@rajan - would this plan (Airtel Freedom 1699) be offered to me if I just asked to activate it or does one have to go through the threat to disconnect route?

wow great plan, they offered me the same plan when last time i speak to retention department.

but as i dont stay in delhi for like 3-4months in a year... Rs. 1700X4 = Rs. 6800+Service Tax would be a waste.

so i opted for a lower bandwidth plan with FUP :(

@GENIUS Thanks Buddy...

I just want to show this post and pdf file to my friends using AirHELL_BB in Bangalore to get good retention plans... (of-course ONLY with your permission) Is it OK for you, sir???

Yes. Sure. That's the purpose of the post.. more people to be aware & take benefit if they can... Just ask not to use it verbatim & copy-paste... I don't want a vindictive Airtel to let loose on me... Lolz...

In my personal experience (using airtel broadband for almost 5 years) Airtel broadband Service is better than others(Reliance, BSNL).

Undoubtedly. That's my experience too. Airtel has the best reliability & service for ADSL broadband.

MTNL has truly unlimited (read no FUP) 2mbps for 1899. I use 1MBPS unlimited for 999.

MTNL is offering the same 2mbps Unlimited Plan for Rs 4,999 in Mumbai. bash.gif MTNL has this weird differential pricing policy since a long time where all good broadband plans are introduced in Delhi first & not introduced at all/very late in Mumbai.

incredible effort and thanks for sharing ,which will surely inject more optimism and fighting spirit in BB subs

Let's hope so

@rajan - would this plan (Airtel Freedom 1699) be offered to me if I just asked to activate it or does one have to go through the threat to disconnect route?

It's not part of official plan for Meerut (Checked Airtel Site)... So you will have to through the threat route. Call CC... Request for Dis-Connection... May ask for reason... FUP... Will Take Request... Wait For Retention Deptt Call within 2-3 days... Ask For The Plan... Agree...

But Airtel is known for it's unpredictable behaviour lately. Sometime dis-connects without retention calling. So have an alternative ready if this is your primary connection.

But IMHO, worth a fight... cheers.gif

Edited by rajanmehta

Yesterday only i have disconnected my Airtel Broadband just because of FUB, They offered me upto 10GB & Speed on Demand

Anyways u got a good deal for 1699, Though my budget won allow me to strech so much so i am Happy with Reliance Broadband Offering a Stable Speed of 600kpbs & 1mpbs at night for Rs749

Thumbs up At last you won it

Hah, too many hustles to get an unlimited plan.. I am good with Bsnl Wimax. 2mbps unlimited @ 850pm and no FUP limit as they told..

Just took a speedtest..

1276443366.png

Edited by riya

+ to you Rajan bhai for sharing this for benefit of everyone.

that is good one

Need to look for it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Your hard efforts have won you great offer.

Its good to see a win over these Tel-cos. It also shows how customer care is all same clueless on every network, irrespective of name.

• Like 1

Hah, too many hustles to get an unlimited plan.. I am good with Bsnl Wimax. 2mbps unlimited @ 850pm and no FUP limit as they told..

Just took a speedtest..

1276443366.png

This is too gud.

great.... actually u took so much efforts to contact customer care !!

hats off to u !

haha u really got under their skin!

Frankly I hate airtel broadband dont know why people say reliance is bad i have 2 connections gsm & cdma i mnp my cdma no. & also got a cheque returning my amt which i had paid extra!

Its always reliance for me so far!

:)

Just took a speedtest..

1276443366.png

i dont see any 2 mb Unlimited plans on the BSNL website. where did you get this from ?

http://www.new.bsnl.co.in:8080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/mobile/wimax_pre_homepage.html

+1

I'm sure lots of users will benefit from this.

thanks a ton for taking time and effort in sharing this.

I too have experience the customer retention plan..from Reliance BB+

I was having 3gb plan for 850/- with discount of Rs.200/-per month for one year..

Post it, i wanted to cancel it and went to the local WW.. The guy who was friendly offered me 3gb plan for 650/- and night 10gb free.

The new 4mbps 150gb plan from airtel @2100 looks good.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk