Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Flaunt Your Internet Speeds Results Here! (2G, 3G, Broadband)

My new broadband connection..

1479455836.png

ISP: You Broadband

Plan: Hurrican You.

Charges: Rs 999 per month.

Speed: 12 Mbps till 25GB, 1 Mbps Unlimited thereafter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

:previous: What type of connection is it? Metro Ethernet?

^ ^ ^

It's through Cisco Cable Modem. RG 6 type of Cable. They have a fiber optics node nearby and from there it's distributed through cable.

This is from my workplace I have used my cellphone to connect it through Wifi...

83426543.png

Keep it coming! :good: Updated the top-five list.

That's my best till now (at Bahadurgarh, Haryana) using Tata Docomo 3G on ZTE-AC30 aka Verizon Fivespot.

1482881105.png1482890104.png1482892258.png

Edited by tarun_kabra

speed at my worksplace..

1483954176.png

• Like 1

Reliance 3G in Delhi using ZTE-AC30 aka Verizon Fivespot.

1485817021.png1485817643.png1485818465.png

Edited by tarun_kabra

Speed at my office. Hathway started FUP without informing but still getting reasonable speed. some are on hathwya and some on airtel.

1485866416.png1485872235.png

WOW... Awesome speeds there Rajanbhai.. I also am visiting this topic after so many days, and saw the updated TOP 5 List in the first post.. Congratulations to Rajanbhai and Tarunbhai to overtake my spot.. ;)

However, I always had thought that this topic was only for Mobile Broadband (Like HSUPA/EVDO/LTE, etc), and I didnt know that it is also valid for wired/wireless Broadband from other ISPs..

If this was the case, then I am sure, noone would be able to beat Muffy's speeds (outside India) and Hetalbhai's speeds (in India)

Just a thought to the Mods.. :)

However, I always had thought that this topic was only for Mobile Broadband (Like HSUPA/EVDO/LTE, etc), and I didnt know that it is also valid for wired/wireless Broadband from other ISPs..

If this was the case, then I am sure, noone would be able to beat Muffy's speeds (outside India) and Hetalbhai's speeds (in India)

Just a thought to the Mods.. :)

It's for all type of connection widely available in India to a Retail Non Corporate Consumer through 3G Mobile, Wired & Wireless Broadband and Data Card.

P.S. I think i have succeeded in putting up a logical sounding argument to anyhow exclude Muffy and HP.. :hypocrite: Otherwise the race finishes before even the start.. :grin:

@ Kunal Long time! wassup? :)

Members are most welcome to post speedtest.net results from their workplace / outside India, but it won't be considered as an entry to the Top-Five list. Please turn back to Page 2 of this thread where I have mentioned the same :)

^^ Hey Karthik, I am doing good.. After effects of marriage (for not being on the forum regularly ;) ).. LOLZ... actually have devoted more time to work now than earlier, and so decided to sit low on internet.. Abhi sab kuch (office related) come on the phone directly.. PC is only for browsing, etc..

I understood your above mentioned post, but I did not understand (from the first post of this topic or the 2nd page post), that this topic can also show results of wired/wireless broadband on PC/wifi... I was under the impression that only speeds on the phone (minus wifi) through 3G or EVDO conection..

Let me not elongate my stand on this... Lets enjoy!!

@Rajanbhai, I liked your sentence..

Tested on HTC Vision using speedtest app on MTNL 3G

Test Date: Sep 18, 2011 8:46:34 pm

Connection Type: Hsdpa

Server: New Delhi

Download: 1.58 Mbps

Upload: 0.02 Mbps

Ping: 304 ms

rediff.com has given bad picture of broadband connection in India. the top 7 cities with fastest avg download speed are as follows

1. Bangalore - 476 (KBps)
  2. Chennai - 143 (KBps)
  3. Hyderabad - 135 (KBps)
  4. New Delhi - 126 (KBps)
  5. Pune - 120 (KBps)
  6. Mumbai - 118 (KBps)
  7. Kolkata - 74 (KBps)

Source: rediff.com

1509887081.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type: TATA Communications - Optic Fiber connection

Plan you are on: Lightning 10 Mbps PLUS (FUP: 50 GB)

Comments: The problem I had previously with TATA Indicom (ADSL) is power issue as their device kept in our area goes down whenever there is a power cut. With the new setup for optic fiber connection that problem is gone and lower latency than ADSL!

My new broadband connection..

1479455836.png

ISP: You Broadband

Plan: Hurrican You.

Charges: Rs 999 per month.

Speed: 12 Mbps till 25GB, 1 Mbps Unlimited thereafter.

Rajan Bhai did u miss a '9' in your monthly expense declaration? If not then it is Damn cheap.

This is mine:

1510571152.png

ISP: BSNL

Plan: BBG Combo ULD 1000

Charges: Rs. 1000 p.m.

Usage: 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB

Free Calls: 450

Edited by bhutoria_1989

Rajan Bhai did u miss a '9' in your monthly expense declaration? If not then it is Damn cheap.

No. It's Rs 999 ONLY per month. When it will be renewed online after expiry of current validity, there will be a further discount of 5 to 10%.

1510651795.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type: Airtel 3G in HTC Desire

Plan you are on: Prepaid

Comments: Before airtel 3g came here, I was with the BSNL EDGE (it waS OK giving constantly around 25-30 KBps). then bought Netconnect+ (pathetic.. varying speeds never exceeded 600 kbps(around 70 KBps).. Now with the joy of airtel 3g...... :-) :hi2:

Airtel 3g s**ks here in NCR these days. I get speeds of 30kbps (yeah that is not K but k)

1512142718.png

1512145335.png

ISP - Reliance 3G

Device - ZTE MF190 7.2mbps 5.76mbps

Plan - Rs.1800 - Unlimited (FUP 21GB; after 21GB -2G Speeds)

Location - Delhi

Comments - Best wireless internet as of now.

Edited by @mitJ@in

93770829.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type : Tata Docomo 3G

Plan : Prepaid. 1Gb / Rs.601

Comments : The signal completely disappears on my phone for 5-10secs (and then reappears) when downloading. Gets on my nerves :ranting:

Where is my previous post? It's gone??

Edit: sorry, saw in tapatalk apk. But couldn't see my post.now in native Android browser..able to see. Any body having this sort of issue? When I saw in tapatalk, my above post came as "hi 2:" n nothing Else was visible. And the above post was just showing as "ranting:"... Strange.. Dunno why.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Edited by gpkumaran