Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Flaunt Your Internet Speeds Results Here! (2G, 3G, Broadband)

Getting really good speeds on Reliance 3G since few days. Maybe because of less customers ?

2352064432.png

Though I don't get more than 2 MBPS with the same sim on tablet/phone, but just installed huawei em770w inside my thinkpad x220 tablet (needs a bios patch as lenovo only allows whitelisted network devices) and i am getting 5-6 MBPS everyday.

Even when this huawei minipci card was in a netbook it was not giving more than 2 MBPS. Either speeds have improved or there's some link with CPU speeds (as x220 has i5 vpro with 8gb ram).

BTW, huawei data card drivers conflict with Connectify - specially on 64bit OS - so if you are using huawei & connectify then uninstall either one. Took me 2 days to find this out. Kept getting BSD in windows 8 while the device worked perfectly in linux & win7pro32bit. Then found some topics on this on sevenforums.

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

Internet Service Provider Name / Type: Threesa Broadband, Local ISP, Fiber till nearby building then through LAN cable & switch to home.

Plan you are on: 10 Mbps Speed Till 50GB, 1 Mbps Unlimited Thereafter.

Cost: Rs 1,100 monthly all inclusive. Long term 6 month & 1 year packs are even cheaper.

Location you are based on: Thane, Maharashtra.

Comments: Speeds are good & constant with low pings. Best is upload speed almost same as download speed.

2349845099.png

Hi,

You were using YOU BB some time back. Any reason for hitching onto Threesa apart from double d/l limit and also cost? How was YOU BB services? Is their 12mbps/25GB plan good? Costs Rs 1212 pm in Chennai. Worth it? VFM in terms of speeds, consistency etc? Any other problems with YOU?

My 5 year old BSNL 4mbps/8GB plan is giving me a lot of speed and other problems since the last 6 months, so I am seriously thinking of ditching it. Threesa not avl in Chennai. Any other ISP for Chennai, that you are aware of and maybe, I am not?

TIA

Edited by KumaarShah

:previous:

Left YOU Broadband 12mbps/25GB plan because it rarely delivered that speed. Never consistent. Download speed was around 1-2 mbps most of the time. Even normal resolution YOUTube videos used to buffer. Used it for 3 months, lodged many complaints but there was no improvement whatsoever. However your mileage may vary as i have heard that in other areas of Mumbai, some users were happy with this plan of YOU.

Don't know much about Chennai ISP options. May be if Reliance Broadband is available in your area, their new Thunder Unlimited 4mbps plan has become quite a hit at Rs 1,099 >> http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_postpaidplans.html
  • Like 1

@rm,

Thanks for your timely input... :-)

Left YOU Broadband 12mbps/25GB plan because it rarely delivered that speed. Never consistent. Download speed was around 1-2 mbps most of the time. Even normal resolution YOUTube videos used to buffer. Used it for 3 months, lodged many complaints but there was no improvement whatsoever. However your mileage may vary as i have heard that in other areas of Mumbai, some users were happy with this plan of YOU.
Don't know much about Chennai ISP options. May be if Reliance Broadband is available in your area, their new Thunder Unlimited 4mbps plan has become quite a hit at Rs 1,099 >> http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_postpaidplans.html

Have finally decided to go with RCOM's BB - the sales person told me to go for a 2mbps unltd plan initially for 1 month and then switch to 4mbps unltd.

Now I need to buy a wifi router (without modem - no idea why) Any suggestions and the likely setback? The sales guy asked me to get Belkin or Netgear, he was saying it will cost ard 2.5k, he did not know the model numbers also. What type of wifi router will work with RCOM BB? What is the difference between 150 mbps and 300mpbs routers? My flat is ard 2000 sq ft, should I go for 150 or 300 mbps? Pls also give me the model numbers and the links for online buying, if possible.

Reliance provides ADSL as well as Ethernet based broadband. May in your area it's Ethernet based so you're told to go for router without ADSL modem.

150N or 300N won't make any difference if you're going to use the router for internet sharing only. For large file copy between devices on your WiFi Network OR HD video streaming, 300N should give better throughput. Though this is true only for a limited area near to the router. As the range increases & signal weakens, the speed goes down in 300N also. 150 or 300 does not have much to do whether the router can cover a larger WiFi range area. 300N routers generally may have better range mainly because they tend to have dual/high dbi antenna compared to single/lower dbi antenna in most 150n routers.

There is no definite prescription as to which router can cover your entire 2000 sq ft. area. Most (including 300N) consumer grade routers generally won't be able to give blanket coverage in every corner of your premise. The coverage depends on placement of the router (higher level/in center of premise should be better), wall obstructions, router antenna etc. Higher dbi/External/detachable antenna routers are preferred for better coverage.

Would suggest to skip belkin. Netgear is also good. TP Link are currently the most selling/more bang for buck kind of routers. Range is between approx Rs 1,050 to Rs 2,800.

150N

TP Link TL-WR740N - Rs 1,050

Netgear WGR614 - Rs 1,200/1,300

300N

TP-Link TL-WR841N - Rs 1,800/1,900

TP-Link TL-MR3420 - Rs 2,600/2,700

If you want to keep future provision for using USB Dongle Data Cards also in addition to RCOM wireline broadband in a failsafe mode, TL-MR3420 can do that. If you don't need that functionality, probably go for a low cost one and keep a future provision of adding one more low cost router as range extender if the first one is unable to cover your entire house.

• Like 3

@RM,

Thanks once again for your guidance. :SI::signthankspin:

ISP: YOU Broadband

Plan: 12 Mbps

Comments: s**ks...WHat I really get is hardly around 100-200 KBps! :(

Reliance CDMA EVDO unlimited data plan

sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance

post-28068-135847033375_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

:w00t: 2.33 Mbps with CDMA EVDO?

:cheers:

Rahul

Reliance CDMA EVDO unlimited data plan

sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance

Kindly specify the place, I really suspect that you had climbed on the Reliance tower :lol:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yesterday night i was getting like 240kBps on my phone. Around 11PM.

I can post. Screnshot if any one can tell me here how to take one on Epic4G running in The People's ROM 2.2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

2449810037.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type : MTNL Broadband

Plan : 599 Combo Unlimited

Comments : Well it works well . downtime once in a while when some idiots steal mtnl's cable , self service kinof thing , great value for money

post-17937-136138194762_thumb.jpg

A glitch in the matrix. Or technology has changed overnight. :-P

Speed I get in the office :)

2661253020.png

Edited by sujit_k

415921074.png

my EvDo reliance speed in jaipur.... best till date

432904167.png

EVDO on Lg marquee.

A local cable net like SSV

2666036923.png

Edited by kalpeshaparmar

Latest speed test on BBNL.

2668180514.png

Edited by Dushie

Hello,

My speed in thane,

ISP :- intech broadband

Plan :- 2mb unlimited 620 rs

But speed is at night time, There is no capping at night, I guess from last 10 days.

2686167806.png

• Like 2

Hey thats great speed at night time. WhTs the contact details of the broadband provider as I would like to check for my location in thane

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reliance CDMA evdo this morning..

post-17937-137092016252_thumb.jpg

Awesome weather with awesome Evdo speed. Tho both are temporary! :-P

Reliance CDMA evdo this morning..

uploadfromtaptalk1370920164581.jpg

Awesome weather with awesome Evdo speed. Tho both are temporary! :-P

Must be an error

Where u located

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

North Delhi

No, not an error. I've seen 280kBps speed while downloading files on my computer on the same day.

Edited by Honest
<< Posts Merged >>

Not a error I am facing this problem many times.

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2