Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Flaunt Your Internet Speeds Results Here! (2G, 3G, Broadband)

1280653415.png

:GirandoOjos:

previous.gif Nice Speed but Everyone should also give Plan & other details as per the format given by OP for all to get any meaningful information....

Not sure this will count as flaunting my internet speeds. Do not have the speed test results. Will do so when I reach home. In the meantime the following are the details for my home

ISP: Beam Tele (formerly Beam fiber)

Plan: 600pm (inclusive of taxes)

Quoted speed: 768kbps

Actual speed: 1mbps (for last three months)

FUP: 30GB (downloads only, uploads not metered), post quota speed is 256kbps for the rest of the month

At my workplace depending on the proxy server used

1280708763.png

and

1280710547.png

Edited by anandjm

This is at my workplace.

ISP : VSNL

1280836445.png

notice_sign.jpg

@ All Should we consider the results posted from the respective workplaces in the 'Top Five' list? As these cannot be subscribed by the public at large. Also fields like 'Plan you are on' do not apply here. Opinions please :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And guys when I posted my speednet result of a meager 1.59 Mbps downlink, I knew for certain that it would be brought to the ground in minutes by others. That didn't preclude me 'cos the bigger picture here is to let the forum members evaluate / let know about how the various ISPs fare, which can come in handy. So do take part :)

• Like 3

notice_sign.jpg

@ All Should we consider the results posted from the respective workplaces in the 'Top Five' list? As these cannot be subscribed by the public at large. Also fields like 'Plan you are on' do not apply here. Opinions please :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And guys when I posted my speednet result of a meager 1.59 Mbps downlink, I knew for certain that it would be brought to the ground in minutes by others. That didn't preclude me 'cos the bigger picture here is to let the forum members evaluate / let know about how the various ISPs fare, which can come in handy. So do take part :)

+1

Fully agree with you Karthik

1282497360.png

ISP: Airtel, Gurgaon

Plan: 899 pm + Tax

Quoted speed: 2mbps

Actual speed: 2.39mbps

FUP: 8GB, post quota speed is 256kbps for the rest of the month

Comments: Trouble free except FUP.

Edited by mgdelhi

ISP: Beam Tele (formerly Beam fiber)

Plan: 600pm (inclusive of taxes) or 3300 for 6months (inclusive of taxes) or 6000/year (inclusive of taxes)

Quoted speed: 768kbps

Actual speed: 1mbps (for last three months)

FUP: 30GB (downloads only, uploads not metered, unfortunately I am not a p2p/torrent guy but I do use skype), post quota speed is 256kbps for the rest of the month

Comments: Trouble free except when some agency/miscreant digs up the cables, and occasional DHCP downtime.

1283496267.png

Edited by anandjm

ISP: BSNL

Plan: BB Home Combo UL 750

Quoted speed: 512kbps

FUP: NO FUP

1283621159.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type : Honesty Net Solutions

Plan : Rs 650 per month including tax. 2 MBPS, TRULY UNLIMITED

Comments : Very economical considering the speed and unlimited quota, sometimes the server is down, maybe 2-3 times in a month but thats OK. Earlier I had Reliance Wimax which really s**ks.....I am happy now :)

1287706155.png

Edited by phonegeek

Internet Service Provider Name / Type :You Telecom

Plan : 1460 for 3 months. 667 KBPS, TRULY UNLIMITED

Comments : some times i have got speed of more than 2 mbps with this connection so i love this one Cheap and truly unlimited

1287750278.png

Edited by prafull4u

This is what I get on the IITK WiFi. Also, I am still to find the version of speedtest.net giving the type of images you folk are getting. have tried the current as well as the previous versions.

post-4900-0-97916700-1305002694_thumb.pn

My revised internet speeds on new internet plans from Airtel, Meerut

1326148705.png

Plan is 1199/- 2MBps Unlimited 20GB FUP (special plan for West UP) . In addition to this My Voice Call Bill is capped at Rs. 300/- only with free call value of Rs. 2,000/- per month.

What speed do u get dk bhai after 20 gb?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^

havnt reached that limit yet as this is first month of the plan; should be 512kbps

^

havnt reached that limit yet as this is first month of the plan; should be 512kbps

Often they make it 256kbps and charge 50p/mb so do get clarified sir.

^

No extra charges; its unlimited plan

and call charges? 1.2p/sec??(local n std)

Rs. 2000/month free calls

Is it for local n std?

What is the name of this plan? Sounds interesting to me. Good plan at reasonable price

Internet Service Provider Name / Type : Honesty Net Solutions

Plan : Rs. 650 per month including tax. 2 MBPS, TRULY UNLIMITED

Comments : Very economical considering the speed and unlimited quota, sometimes the server is down, maybe 2-3 times in a month but thats OK. Earlier I had Reliance Wimax which really s**ks.....I am happy now :)

Barring Hetal ji's internet connection, Saurabh's internet is the best one till date vis-a-vis speed and monthly rent (including tax). It is only Rs. 650 and it is truly unlimited. My BSNL EVDO is also very cheap (only Rs. 276 including tax) and without an FUP, but the speed is not that good. It's just okay. When it was launched, it worked so well, but with gradual rise in number of users, the speed reduced.

MTNL provides a contention ratio of 1:28 for both Home and Business Broadband users. 

^^^

This is mentioned in mtnl website.

What does it means?

^

No extra charges; its unlimited plan

OK then. Mine was 4 mbps 899 unlimited but after crossing 6 GB FUP they made 256kbps and charged 50 p/mb.

1327797046.png

Internet Service Provider Name / Type : Reliance Broadband (wired)

Plan you are on : Night Booster Zoom 1 (1 mbps from 8 AM to 10 PM; 2 mbps from 10 PM to 8 AM - NO FUP - Rs.1125 + tax effective cost per month as I paid yearly)

Location you are based on : Trivandrum

Comments: I used to have Tata Indicom Broadband earlier and their switch equipment developed bad battery backup and so connectivity gets cut when power goes off where they have kept it. They did not replace the equipment/battery even after complaining for a year. So I changed primary connection to Reliance Broadband and haven't seen it lose connectivity ever yet. They use more DSLAM instead of switches (TATA keeps fewer DSLAMs and more switches) and these DSLAMs are kept in their mobile towers where they have good power backup that can run for days. However you have to keep in mind that they have a web based login, so when you switch on modem you have to login through a web page. I do that normally though my phone and keep it connected to wifi so that there are no timeouts for no usage.

• Like 1

My revised internet speeds on new internet plans from Airtel, Meerut

Plan is 1199/- 2MBps Unlimited 20GB FUP (special plan for West UP) . In addition to this My Voice Call Bill is capped at Rs. 300/- only with free call value of Rs. 2,000/- per month.

Was that the result of disconnection boxing.gif threat or normal new plan?

Plan you are on : Night Booster Zoom 1 (1 mbps from 8 AM to 10 PM; 2 mbps from 10 PM to 8 AM - NO FUP - Rs.1125 + tax effective cost per month as I paid yearly)

You are getting 3.37 mbps speed for a max 2 mbps plan tongue.gif This is occasional or normal?

You are getting 3.37 mbps speed for a max 2 mbps plan tongue.gif This is occasional or normal?

It is variable burst speed... so the average speed of a download would end up just a little above the advertised speed (like 1.1 mbps during day and 2.1 mbps during night)

Was that the result of disconnection boxing.gif threat or normal new plan?

First I threatened them disconnection; then they asked me why? I said FU**P; they said in 1199 for West UP this is normal plan, why dont u go for that; so I switched without any retention offer...