Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Anupe

Suggestion For UIM Card Based Indian Or Imported CDMA Handset To Use On MTS

I've been put in a quandary by my best friend who is adamant on getting himself a new CDMA handset for his MTS connection, but the all important criterion was that it should be a handset that uses his current UIM card. I know we have endless choices for non UIM based imported handsets like the Epic, Fascinate, etc. But could somebody suggest an imported or Indian handset that has a UIM card slot in the Rs. 10 - 15k budget??

Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA is OMH SIM based Android below 10K

Edited by rajanmehta

^^^ Thanks Rajan, . I did look up the Samsung POP.. pretty crappy handset, if you ask me. Underpowered, lousy camera and even lousier battery life.

• Like 1

Could have suggested Mts Pulse (rebranded Htc Hero) which comes for free with a one year, Rs. 1500 postpaid plan contract or Rs.18000 on outright payment.

But no RUIM slot afaik :(

@Anupe

If your friend insist on only sim based CDMA handset between 10-15K & you find POP so atrocious, then i fear pretty much nothing left as of now...

Get him onboard a beautiful imported CDMA handset... Convince him... Your Best Friend After All.... Deserves the right guidance... Lolz...

Edited by rajanmehta

As the OMH is not populr in the US (the main CDMA world!) I am afraid insistence on OMH reduces your choice dramatically. Else convince him to give up his obsession with UIM and go for a programmed handset from any of the friends on rimweb.

HTC Touch Pro wth SIM SLOT CAN Solve ur propose if you like the phone ...

^ ^ ^ Does it work with CDMA SIM of any operator?

Yes bro .... it works !!

^

The SIM slot in TP is not out of the box, it has to be made by cutting the plastic though easy videos are there but does not seem good option.

Guys.. this chap is paranoid of an open market ( imported) handset going dead and since it is not under warranty he is scared that he will have to go back and get a UIM card activated once again to use on a local handset till the time he can get his non - sim card based handset fixed.

His argument does hold a valid point, in the fact that IF our imported handsets ever conk out, then if we need to keep our number and calls active while we try and repair the handset, we would need unlink the MDN from the imported handset and then apply for a UIM card from the service provider, right??

I presume so, here is post by Parin with process

For RUIM based imported set I doubt if you would get good sets except the ones mentioned here already.

Edited by dipanlahiri

@Anupe

Found a possible solution for your friend... Increase budget by 2K and Get Motorola XT800 Android OMH Sim CDMA +GSM Dual Sim, Dual Standby at Rs 16,999

Details Here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__229716

• Like 2

Thanks, Rajan. I think you've just found me a life saver :)