Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
faizca

Blackberry Curve To Come Bundled With MTS

MTS, a CDMA service provider in India, plans to launch BlackBerry Curve under a bundled plan in which consumers will get the smartphone free of cost.

BlackBerry Curve is a 3G phone (its CDMA version can surf at a speed of 3.2 Mbps on MTS' network). The device uses Wifi and GPS. It has a 2 megapixel camera, and a 2.4 inch screen. Along with that, you get BlackBerry Messenger service and a push mail feature. The

Currently, HTC Pulse is sold as MTS Pulse where, subscribers get the phone for free but have to pay Rs 1,500 per month for 12 months, for which the user gets 1,500 minutes of talktime, 1,500 SMSes and 1,500 MB of data at no extra cost.

Since BlackBerry Curve is around Rs 5,000 cheaper than HTC Pulse, the monthly commitment is likely to be less, at around Rs 1,000. However, since most operators have costlier BlackBerry plans, this price could also be higher.

source:http://www.themobileindian.com/news/1130_BlackBerry-Curve-to-come-bundled-with-MTS

post-18916-0-62366000-1305210350_thumb.j

Edited by faizca
  • Like 2

Good going MTS....

+1 for this news...hope MTS introduce some good & affordable bb plans....

new operator fighting for their survival .....

:previous:

still its innovative....i guess tata and relince failed to achieve wht mts did in a short time.....an okay-okay network with a gud mix of high end handsets...plus the afforbality is such u can manage and whts best u r getting the hanset free...so even if tht goes to 1500 bucks per month ..not a big deal...

i was wary of htc as htc had not much of its use with me...but with blackberry i wud definately give mts a try...

Good move by MTS. I like the way they are offering high end handsets on bundle deals. Other CDMA operators are mostly focused on low end handsets.

If this succeeds then we might see trend of more operators going for bundled locked phones, which would be good for customers because they would get benefits of free upgrades etc, good for operator because they get assured revenue.

Good initiative but reminds monsoon offer from reliance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bundle offer is really good by MTS. just think over.. anybody having monthly bill of about 1000 and buys cheap phone due to budget. now with this offer, its like, spending another 500 (consider as EMI) for the phone and get good instrument.

RCOM failed to realise this. it always want to milk customers at one go...

• Like 1

bundle offer is really good by MTS. just think over.. anybody having monthly bill of about 1000 and buys cheap phone due to budget. now with this offer, its like, spending another 500 (consider as EMI) for the phone and get good instrument.

RCOM might have realized but then it went to ADA who only focused on low end handsets.

MTS is also having such offer on HTC Pulse.

Further, there are multiple option to avail the offer wherein one can choose monthly rent and pay part upfront. Avail EMI facility in which the monthly rent for plan starts from 13th month. Very good for people with monthly bill in range of 1000-1500 and higher.

Bundling smartphones with postpaid plans = Smart move.

RCOM might have realized but then it went to ADA who only focused on low end handsets.

ADAG was never happy with CDMA. They never gave the promotions and advertisements that CDMA required. Now they have both GSM and CDMA and they are JACK OF ALL BUT THE MASTER OF NONE. They are still struggling to stay afloat :)

+1 from me , I like MTS because they believe in what they choose, what they do & their future plans :Boy Thumbs Up::clap: :clap:

MTS To Launch BlackBerry Smartphone and Services In India.. This Month... Will Start With Curve 8530

Source

MTS Official Webpage For Blackberry http://www.mtsindia.in/blackberry/

FAQ http://www.mtsindia....berry/faqs.html

BlackberryWeb-Baneer.png

MTS the CDMA Mobile and Data Services of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd (SSTL), which nationally operates its telecom services with over 11 million wireless customers is all set to launch BlacKBerry Smartphone and Services on its network in few days.

In an endeavor to stay true to its data centric-voice enabled strategy to provide innovative telecom solutions to the customers, MTS will launch BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone with Free Unlimited Internet Plan, Free Talk Time and Free 100 SMS per day as an inaugural offer to customer who buy the device from the operator.

Initially MTS BlackBerry Services will be launched in 7 cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Pune (Maharashtra), Jaipur, Bangalaore, Chennai and Kolkata.

The company will launch BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) , BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) and BlackBerry Enterprise Services Plus (BES Plus). The operator has not shared the exact date of launch and tariff plans with us but we will keep you posted as and when we get any lead.

We have also come to know that MTS will allocate a Special Customer Care Number 955 for Blackberry services from its own network.

• Like 2

that's a great news...kudos to MTS...+1 from me

Edited by faizca

Did not understand the logic behind MTS Blackberry Postpaid Plans... 3 Different Plans.. All Cost the same Rs 1,175.. But with different features.. Why on earth someone will subscribe to the plan with less features? Or is it that there is a TYPO somewhere on the site? Even in Prepaid there is a difference of just Rs 1 between the 3 plans.. confused.gif

Yes all 3 are same, and office mail I guess is email with own domain (enterprise mail).

MTS has crazy ways

No Low Rental plans

Strange Confuso.gif

Rs 1175/- is too high for voice and data..

Yes, MTS guys behave like mad people, especially while framing tariff plans by themselves (not during copying like 1p/2sec local, 29p local, UnLimited onnet)...

Their earlier goof-ups are:-

1. Unlimited MBlaze for Rs96 a day with 500MB FUP for 3x and later 128kbps..

2. Rs999 for UL prepaid-data (with 12GB on 3x) and Rs1098 for 10GB on 3x <<brings about Rs1098+Rs1024 {50p/MB} for 12GB>>.. It is better to use 12GB on 999 plan and then recharge another small denomination to continue in 3x after FUP..

3. QARP/HARP/ARP MBlaze prepaid plans has NO benefit of cost saving to customers and are merely MONTH_PLAN X No_Of_Months (For eg Rs598 gives 1GB for one month and Rs1794 gives 3GB for 3 months)

4. Recently the 1p/2sec STD plan has FUP of 400 STD mins per month and minimum usage of around Rs180 per month

5. Now this almost same rent for all Blackberry plans...

• Like 1

But all these plans come with unlimited EVDO data, what you say guys ? with FUP ??

Office E-Mail means MS Exchange/Lotus Notes E-Mail different from POP/IMAP. They are giving unlimited E-Mail/IM plus unlimited internet browsing - both WAP and without proxy possibly tethering? BESPlus 1175 seems to be good offering to me. But I must say the other plans are nonsense.

nice but thy hvnt mentioned abt the pricing of the set and the data services which e unlimited can be used while tethering to the pc or only on the mobile...still incomplete info...but yes nice initiative by a newbie company as mts.