Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

How To Activate Internet In Samsung Mpower 369 CDMA

hi Friends, Recently i bought SAMSUNG MPOWER 369 CDMA (3G EVDO). it has evdo facility. now when i try to open any net application it says plz Upgrade the R-UIM in order to obtain data services...

no i want to use net for facebook, orkut, gmail.. all the applications are there in this handset. but issue is how to activate. PLZ SUGGEST ME HOW TO GET IT DONE... ALSO EVDO FACILITY IS THERE...

I WANT TO USE INTERNET ON POSTPAID RELIANCE CDMA...

You need to upgrade your present RUIM to an Open Market Handset (OMH) card which is data configured in order to use EVDO and access operator portal in the M369.

It will cost you Rs.100 and are available in Reliance mobile stores.

For EVDO see this topic after doing the step suggested by Karthik

You need to upgrade your present RUIM to an Open Market Handset (OMH) card which is data configured in order to use EVDO and access operator portal in the M369.

It will cost you 100 and are available in Reliance mobile stores.

i got one OMH cdma sim day before yesterday at Rs 25 from reliance web world.

ask for diamond logo sim . they will understand . omh sim

From what I have understand,

Ordinary RUIM has Voice+SMS settings only

OMH RUIM has voice+SMS+Data settings also...

Ordinary n/w locked phones have DataSettings stored/programmed within them..

OMH handsets DONT have DataSettings stored in them...

So internet WONT work in (OMH_phone + Ordinary_RUIM) as both DONT have data settings...

So simply,

OMH_Phone + OMH_RUIM = Internet_working using OMH_RUIM settings (Phone has no data settings)

N/W_Phone + OMH_RUIM = Internet_Working using settings in PHONE and not from OMH_RUIM

N/W_Phone + Ord_RUIM = Internet_working using settings in phone (RUIM has no data settings)

OMH_Phone + Ord_RUIM = NO_Internet (Both DONT have data settings)

Plz correct me, if I am wrong...

:previous: well said Kanaga :)

OMH enables operator-specific network configuration, service provisioning and subscriber-identity data to be moved from the handset’s internal memory onto a advanced OMH SIM card. By doing so, the handset becomes a generic device that can be sold on the “open market”, used by multiple operators (Reliance, TI and Mts is OMH compliant) and provide high speed EVDO data connectivity to users in addition to basic voice and text capability.

friends thanks for u repliess.. one thing also i want to ask.. what are the plans available for internet.. for both postpaid and prepaid.??

For that you need evdo activation.. 1st search about evdo activation. you can't directly get evdo on asking customer care. you need 10 post @ rim web..then you will be able to do so.. search the topic and you will get the details..Good luck :)

It will cost you 100 and are available in Reliance mobile stores.

I have OMH card in my Samsung M369 and EVDO is also activated by Reliance when I called *355, I get connected on EVDO but the download speed is just 6.0 Kbps on my computer I was expecting atleast 150Kbps+ speed