Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anandjm

TATA Indicom Billing Woes

After suffering billing issues with TI Postpaid, I converted it into a prepaid connection. Took a PPS plan along with STV of Special ONNET Plan of Rs. 34, which charges 1p/4s on PPS and 15p/m on all other per minute plans. I discover now that while my calls to non-Tata numbers are billed per second, calls to Tata numbers are billed at 15p/m and not 1p/4s. My call to Tata Indicom resulted in "Sir please visit our Tata Indicom outlet". TI is learning from a GSM operator I think. Let me see how tomorrow pans out.

Edited by anandjm

Visiting store it cdma syndrome. I have not visited airtel store even once in my 3.5 years of usage. Where as 2 visits to docomo ( tata) in 2 months that too for stupid reasons.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@ Anand

You mixed up the PPS and the PPM plans :)

Rs. 34 STV offers 1p/4sec for on-net or T2T calls and the calls to other nos will be as per base plan i.e 1p/sec itself.

15p/m comes into picture only for those on per minute plan.

Pretty confusing, isnt it.

TI is learning from a GSM operator I think. Let me see how tomorrow pans out.

Not really learning... Actually current Head of TI is (also) ex-Airtel man... After destroying the reputation and goodwill (during launch of simple plans) of RCom, now AirHELL has sent their second batch of TrojanHorse to Tata...

I did not mix up the two plans. I am being billed 15p/m for onnet calls even though I am on a PPS plan. TI has mixed it up.

@ Anand

You mixed up the PPS and the PPM plans :) 34 STV offers 1p/4sec for on-net or T2T calls and the calls to other nos will be as per base plan i.e 1p/sec itself.

15p/m comes into picture only for those on per minute plan.

Pretty confusing, isnt it.

Why can't they make the software error-free? They launch various STVs, changes tariff, but they don't make any dry-run on the software before launching.

I called up customer care first time and the response is "Sir I think there is a problem with the SIM. Did you try powering off and powering on your phone" --- Aaaaaaaarggggggg.

I called up the Nodal office, and they tell me "Go to the nearest Tata Indicom store or please file a complaint online". I told the lady at the nodal office that I have already filed a complaint but not received any confirmation mail. She says "Try again, they may not have received it"

Next time I call the customer care, The person says "Sir there is no such tariff voucher.". I tell them this is there for last few months and he replies "Sir, it is not updated in my system".

I then go to the TI Exclusive store and the persons says "Sir, they do not provide us with any of the info on the web". He then calls up some Tata Indicom number and then the lady tells me "Sir this is only applicable on per minute tariff and not PPS. If you take it you will be billed on per minute basis". I then tell her that it is mentioned on the website, and then she replies "Sir, I will check and call back within 15minutes.". I am starting to enjoy (in a sarcastic way) the entire proceedings. After 15minutes no reply. The the TI store personal call up again and this time (finally) they get a person who knows how the tariff works. I explain the problem to him and then he says "Sir 15p/minute is the same as 1p/4s no sir. It still works out to 1p/4s". Then I ask him "what if I make a call for only 10s, what should I be charged". Finally Dimak-ki-batti jali and he says "Sir I have taken a complaint. Will be resolved by May 19th".

Scandalous waste of 60minutes from my side. I think we should have a subsection for complaints, where we can all list our stories in a lighter vein.

60 mins with CC on line :Ohhhh: anyway good that they dont charge for these calls, unlike others, or else we would end up bankrupt.

If you want to have any critical problem attended, complain booked you will be required to spend this type of energy and time. This is only because most of the executives bother little to get themselves updated. They are too poorly paid to get the impetus for doing any positive work.

:previous:

Well said and 100% TRUE...

Nope was 20minutes with CC on line, 1 minute with nodal another 10minutes with CC. And 45 minutes at the Tata Indicom Exclusive store. Plus 30 minutes to and fro travel time.

60 mins with CC on line :Ohhhh: anyway good that they dont charge for these calls, unlike others, or else we would end up bankrupt.