Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jewrajka

Upgrading Firmware For HTC Droid Incredible to 2.3 Gingerbread

For Incredible 2, the ROM provided by parin works perfectly fine, but I didn't like the overwhelming presence of chinese apps & the absence of google apps.

So I used an older version of the chinese ROM (2.13 as compared to the 3.06 above) from which the chinese apps had been removed & google apps already added. the version numbers 2.13 & 3.06 are internal chinese ROM version numbers, otherwise both ROMS are at Android 2.3.4.

So far so good.

:-)

@parin.

I am facing the problem of low disk space , how can I resolve the same as for even opening null browser the message is that some app needs to be deleted or removed

Kindly help on this

Since upgrade to GB, I am not able to sync my contacts with my google account.

Everytime I try, I get this error message: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

(Though I am able to sync my gmail successfuly).

Anybody else also facing the same issue and any solutions?

@parin.

I am facing the problem of low disk space , how can I resolve the same as for even opening null browser the message is that some app needs to be deleted or removed

Kindly help on this

have you upgraded to gb

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Since upgrade to GB, I am not able to sync my contacts with my google account.

Everytime I try, I get this error message: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

(Though I am able to sync my gmail successfuly).

Anybody else also facing the same issue and any solutions?

If u have loaded gb run the setup again it may solve it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yes I have upgraded to GB

There is a permanent icon on top left option of the screen for low disk space

Any solution for the same

@parin.

Kindly help on this

I upgraded to GB in sept but never faced this till recently.

But of late (since 10 days or so), low disk space icon is permanently there in the notification bar.

I spoke with few old gurus , they say that official GB for dinc is giving this problem to most of the users , they are suggesting other roms for the same. For this the phone has to be rooted.

Is it so ????

Hi,

Just now recd a system update notification which says: "Android 2.3.4 Upgrade for HTC Incredible"

File size 6.7MB

Has anyone else also recd it? I am already on GB.

i hv got it............

and it has started installing

will post once it got updated.......

after installation it say ur phone has been sucessfully updated to 4.06.605.3

i don know what it do........

may mods throw some light

i think this update has been launched in sep

and we have received it now........

@mods may throw some light

I spoke with few old gurus , they say that official GB for dinc is giving this problem to most of the users , they are suggesting other roms for the same. For this the phone has to be rooted.

Is it so ????

Official GB gave me lots of problems - low space warning ( in /data/data ), camera FC , Sense sometimes unresponsive etc, etc.

I switched to stock+ by jermaine at xda and everything is fine since then

Also if you want very fast GB ROM try insensitive minimalist by jermaine. It is partially sense removed and all bloatware removed.

Both the above ROMs are absolutely stable on my phone.

There is also a topic in xda dedicated for those facing the low space warning. Go through it and see if you can get your problem solved.

• Like 1

after installation it say ur phone has been sucessfully updated to 4.06.605.3

i don know what it do........

may mods throw some light

i think this update has been launched in sep

and we have received it now........

@mods may throw some light

this update which we recd today ig upgrading the phone from 4.06.605.2 to 4.06.605.3. this is a patch released by verizon in sep 11. which we have recd now.......

there are talks about new patch link below

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/incredible-gingerbread-update.jpg

just getting the update ota 4.08.605.2

installed and restarting......

will post the changes once i go through the update.....

got the message ur phone has been sucessfully upgraded to 4.08.605.2

post-37195-0-73135400-1321430366_thumb.j

Hi,

I installed "Insensitive Minimalist" (by jermaine) yestrday night.

Still configuring according to my requirements & exploring.

For a Sense-ible user like me, it will take a while getting used to a nonsense rom.

Main attraction was increased battery life as reported by many users.

@amtrag

Please post any improvement in batt life with Insensitive Minimalist.

remember to wipe batt stats on a fully charged batt and then discharging to full dead so as to recallibrate the battery status indicator.

I am on stock+ and I am seriously thinking of ditching sense because it is resource hungry leading to less batt life.

BTW gingertiny kernel also improves batt life considerably by reducing clock to upto 128Mhz on standby.

Edited by santanu@impaq

@amtrag

Please post any improvement in batt life with Insensitive Minimalist.

remember to wipe batt stats on a fully charged batt and then discharging to full dead so as to recallibrate the battery status indicator.

I am on stock+ and I am seriously thinking of ditching sense because it is resource hungry leading to less batt life.

BTW gingertiny kernel also improves batt life considerably by reducing clock to upto 128Mhz on standby.

I installed after full wipe. Would'nt that have cleared the batt stats also?

Anyway, it would take few days usage to establish any improvement in battery life.

@Santanu

does updating to gingertiny kernel anyway affect network (reliance) prl settings??

@amit

updating ROM or kernel does not effect nv items.

updating radio might require reinstating prl and data settings though it is not always the case.

the latest stock kernel is also quite ok as far as batt life goes.

let amtrag report about batt life on stock kernel. obviously stability will be best on stock kernel.

"Insensitive Minimalist" and stock+ (both by jermaine) uses unmodified stock kernel

@amtrag

most of these roms are created using nandroid capture method only a few are from RUU.

the batt stats file is the file got from the phone where it was captured which will not give details about your batt condition.

So it is better that you redo it. Wipe batt stats option is available in advanced section in cwm recovery

@amtrag

most of these roms are created using nandroid capture method only a few are from RUU.

the batt stats file is the file got from the phone where it was captured which will not give details about your batt condition.

So it is better that you redo it. Wipe batt stats option is available in advanced section in cwm recovery

Thanks for clairifcation. Will do it.

@amit

let amtrag report about batt life on stock kernel. obviously stability will be best on stock kernel.

"Insensitive Minimalist" and stock+ (both by jermaine) uses unmodified stock kernel

Battery life update:

I do not feel battery to be any better. Maybe, a little worse than before.

But my daily usage pattern is quite erratic i.e. some days lots of browsing, voice calls etc and then there are few less busy days in between.

Overall I do not feel any significant improvement.

just getting the update ota 4.08.605.2

installed and restarting......

will post the changes once i go through the update.....

got the message ur phone has been sucessfully upgraded to 4.08.605.2

post-37195-0-73135400-1321430366_thumb.j

I am getting the message that download available for system update but when I agree for installation , nothing happens.

I have not rooted my incredible and I want to downgrade from 2.3 to 2.2 coz low memory issues is not letting me install any new application and hence this OFFICIAL UPGRADE to me is useless.

Help required.

I flashed Insensitive Minimalist ROM (GB) two weeks ago. It was working fine till yesterday except a random reboot once in a day or two.

But since this morning, the phone is rebooting every 10-15 mins. I have installed ET app yesterday evening. No other changes made.

Pl advise what to do.

...just uninstalled the ET app. Let's see now.

I flashed MIUI yesterday. The Official US version for the DINC.

I'm loving it...resembles WebOS like my Pixi+.

What I like: The slick UI is an eyecandy for sure. A nice change from the Sense UI, but I may revert to Sense once I get bored with this.

What I don't: All apps are dumped across the desktop pages directly rather than navigating through a menu. It becomes very tedious to re-arrange all the icons. But, anyway its not a deal breaker.

For Incredible2 Below is the File

http://www.multiupload.com/MYOZFW9Q0Y

Rename the file to PG32IMG

Other Procedure is Same as Above

If u face any problem, Flash it Again

I am finally picking up courage, and found the time to install the upgrade. Just to recap the procedure will be

1. Titanium backup & Nandroid backup.

2. Copy the file as PG32IMG to the root of the SD card

3. Restart and let it do its thing.

4. If S-off is preserved then fine (I am on Froyo with root from AlpharevX Beta, so S-off may survive). Else go to revolutionary.io and do S-off.

5. Install SU etc. as per the revolutionary site.

6. Reinstall Titanium

7. Do a rstore of apps.

As it is an RUU so must be htc sourced.Has anybody had any issues?

Has anybody worked out the files/apps which are China Telecom specific so can be safely removed.

Is a QPST backup of the prl (and any other files) desirable?

This is the first time I am upgrading a phone so am a bit nervous.

Edited by sgiitk

sgiitk Sir,

Also take backup of your contacts and SMS. Contacts can be backed up from the native HTC dialer itself.

For SMS, use "SMS Backup & Restore".

I also take screenshots of all pages of the desktop so that I can again place the apps & widgets according to the same layout as before.

I think thats it. I was also a bit afraid before taking the first plunge :D