Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jewrajka

Upgrading Firmware For HTC Droid Incredible to 2.3 Gingerbread

^^^

Brother reduce screen timeout, its 1 minute by default. Set it to 15 / 30 seconds.

And lock the phone (Screen off) after you have used it.

sgiitk Sir,

Also take backup of your contacts and SMS. Contacts can be backed up from the native HTC dialer itself.

For SMS, use "SMS Backup & Restore".

I also take screenshots of all pages of the desktop so that I can again place the apps & widgets according to the same layout as before.

I could not get it through People. Got a message - the app People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly.

So have used Super Backup a free app to backup both contacts & sms. Have been usins sms backup by Ritesh Sahu. May dump the latter.

Good idea about the screenshots. May try on Monday.

Incidentally did you do Dinc 2 or Dinc?

^^^^

Sir,

This topic is for Dinc 1. Also amtrag's profile shows Dinc 1 in handset option. So, he would have done backup on Dinc 1.

Yeah. Its dinc1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks folks. I know this is Dinc1, see my earlier query. Then parin posted the link for Dinc2 (which I have quoted) so in a way now it is for both!

The big give away - PG311IMG (for Dinc1) and PG32IMG (for Dinc2) in the filenames.

Has any one identified the Chinese stuff which can be removed, and is there a file for the Google stuff to be added?

I have taken the screenshots. Thanks.

Edited by sgiitk

Just upgraded using Parin's files. Got GB 2.3.3 with no pain. As I had done an AlphaRevX root earlier, the S-off is preserved. However I am not able to install the Superuser, even though I have the file from Revolutionary.io. I have deleted PG32.IMG as recommended. Now I am having to install all apps manually.

Any ideas about installing su. Thanks amtrag the screenshots are invaluable in getting the apps to be installed. I have Titanium sitting on the SD card but cannot restore the apps etc. If I go intore cover it goes into two screens and then seems to hang forever.

During installation it bypassed Bootloader and TP, rest installed Ok.

Update:

Have installed all apps manually. Titaium was cribbing about busybox. That too did not install. What to do?

Also, the screen on the boot page is still green (I hear it should be orange in GB).

Still looking for a decent clock with alarm(s).

Edited by sgiitk

Back to Froyo now. Got recovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=15981566. Used the 'red'.

Now wondering whether I should try and go to GB (I will love to) since the HBOOT version may again 'fix' me.

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread

Edited by sgiitk

Since upgrade to GB, I am not able to sync my contacts with my google account.

Everytime I try, I get this error message: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

(Though I am able to sync my gmail successfuly).

Anybody else also facing the same issue and any solutions?

I am using stock. Not loaded any roms. Have 2.3.4 on my Dinc1

Since I had many duplicates, I used 'Contact remover Plus' - which I think is a fantastic app, if not for the following problem.

it gave me the same error "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

I had to Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running select Contacts Storage and Clear Datk. The sync worked with my 'Google contacts' and got my old data back

IMHO:

Basically, if you have complicated contact fields ...like notes, birthdays, company names, and other non-phone-number fields, and then merge two such complicated contacts, then the result is a contact card which has two such fields in your phone. Now, the phone contact list works properly, but the syncing with 'Google Contacts'. gives the above

just got the ota update 4.08.605.15 for my dinc

Any noticeable change post updating?

I am already on ICS, so no official updates for my dinc.

no major change seen

can u post a detailed guide for updating dinc to ics.

with pros and cons

thanx

can u post a detailed guide for updating dinc to ics.

with pros and cons

thanx

@cavarun,

I too am a noob as far as ROM flashing thingy is considered and am still learning.

I would suggest to head straight to xda-forums development section, link given below.

Important prerequisite: Phone should be rooted and s-off.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=638

I found the "Unofficial CM9" ROM to be most stable although I have tried AOKP and currently on Abduction 2.1

Pros are that your phone is up to date with latest Android version.

Con is that FM radio is not available, video recording only works with a 3rd party app and occassional freezes and random reboots. And battery life is somewhat lower than GB.

• Like 1

guys, in my Incredible2, today I receved a popus when connected to Interent, saying, "System Update" is aailable, when I downloaded it and agreed to install it, my phone got rebooted, but the installation failed.

I rebooted the phone, but phone is still working fine and the popup is still in my notification bar. belowis the file name I received.

"OTA_Vivo_W_CT_Gingerbread_S_HTCCN_CHS_CT_3.06.1401.3-3.06.1401.0_release_2206439akwiejr3kzkz61f.zip "

can any gurus, probaly, Kapil (Incredible2 Guru) or anyone can shed some light on this.....

guys, in my Incredible2, today I receved a popus when connected to Interent, saying, "System Update" is aailable, when I downloaded it and agreed to install it, my phone got rebooted, but the installation failed.

I rebooted the phone, but phone is still working fine and the popup is still in my notification bar. belowis the file name I received.

"OTA_Vivo_W_CT_Gingerbread_S_HTCCN_CHS_CT_3.06.1401.3-3.06.1401.0_release_2206439akwiejr3kzkz61f.zip "

can any gurus, probaly, Kapil (Incredible2 Guru) or anyone can shed some light on this.....

If you handset is rooted & S-off, you wont be able to install the OTA.

@Krishna This is incredible topic not Inc2,

And you could not done ota update in s-off with revolutinary You need s-off with xtc clip conform by kapilbhai.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007