Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ssk the gr8

Please Suggest a CDMA Handset For Rs.5000 (With These Features)

hello everyone

i need to buy a CDMA handset for my dad.

It has to be an OMH.

budget : 5k

requirements:

camera, bluetooth, PC sync, Memory card support, music player(mp3) ,EVDO ( not a must as he wont use the net much but would definitely be preferred)

please give your suggestions

i have other doubts about OMH & OMH SIMs which i have posted in another thread do check it out too

Check out Samsung mPower TV S239.

Samsung M Power TV OMH phone has all your requirements with EVDO Rev0 at proposed budget

Other options: Samsung Duos 169, LG 6160 (no camera) and LG 6400

is mpower tv s239 the only option? any other suggestion?

Check CDMA phones listed in this topic http://www.rimweb.in...0-cdma-and-gsm/

They are all EVDO capable.

And if you don't insist on OMH, get Palm Pixi Wi-Fi Model.. Around Rs 5,500... Great Value/Features At That Price Compared to all the above...

Check CDMA phones listed in this topic http://www.rimweb.in...0-cdma-and-gsm/

They are all EVDO capable.

And if you don't insist on OMH, get Palm Pixi Wi-Fi Model.. Around Rs. 5,500... Great Value/Features At That Price Compared to all the above...

i can't find the pixi for 5.5k... can u plz give me a link?

You won't find a link for it as it is an imported handset. Some are available for sell on Ebay but it is better to buy it from one of the known & technically competent seller here at RIMweb, so it's properly registered & configured for use on Reliance. Contact any of the following for your requirement...

1. Hetal Patel hetaldp@gmail.com http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__229102

2. Tushar_163 http://www.rimweb.in...ler-tushar-163/

Palm Pixi + Specs Link http://www.palm.com/...plus/index.html

You won't find a link for it as it is an imported handset. Some are available for sell on Ebay but it is better to buy it from one of the known & technically competent seller here at RIMweb, so it's properly registered & configured for use on Reliance. Contact any of the following for your requirement...

1. Hetal Patel hetaldp@gmail.com http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__229102

2. Tushar_163 http://www.rimweb.in...ler-tushar-163/

Palm Pixi + Specs Link http://www.palm.com/...plus/index.html

i'm not so sure about the pixi, will i get a 1 year warranty? it's for my dad so i don't want any issues later, the samsung will have proper warranty

SUGGEST DUAL SIM CDMA HANDSET

my only requirement is dual sim cdma phone which should work with 2 indicom connections

i will only use it for voice calls, nothing else

budget is not an issue, but i would prefer a cheap phone

so ,are there any suggestions?

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >> & << Topic Title Updated >>

@SSK: Please don't start multiple threads

<< Topic Merged >> & << Topic Title Updated >>

@SSK: Please don't start multiple threads

my bad, i thought i should start a new thread for a new query, anyway thanx for merging it

@ SSK

Dual SIM CDMA + CDMA mobile, if at all available, will be a battery hog.

i'm not so sure about the pixi, will i get a 1 year warranty? it's for my dad so i don't want any issues later, the samsung will have proper warranty

You can't get warranty on pixi being an imported handset but so many Daddies, Doctors, Professionals, Industrialists, Young, Old & practically people from all sections of society across India are using Imported handsets at RIMweb without any serious issues. Choice really is between whether to get a wonderful imported handset with great features at a very low price OR continue using overpriced, underfeatured handset with 1 year warranty the need for it may not arise at all..

^^^

Well suggested.

However, there are some professionals whose one of the various perks is high-end phone and free calls. These professionals cannot buy these marvels from our beloved forum only because the gurus cannot provide bills. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that the sell of these handsets would have multiplied :SI:

Hi all

Looking for a CDMA + GSM handset. priority is good battery back up and both sim should be active at the same time.

I narrowed down on 2 phone Samsung Duos 259 * w 169. Which one is good and is there any other phone available which suits my purpose in the same budget.

My wife has Duos 259 for almost two years now. Fully satisfied with it. Very good battery back-up considering both SIMs are active all the time.

Most "high-end phones" have better voice quality than even pricier "non-high-end phones". I experienced this when I was visited by a Tata-Indicom junior engineer to address some signal issues. He said "sir the voice quality of your phone is very good. This is the first time I am listening to such a quality on CDMA network". This was on an HTC Mogul.

^^^

Well suggested.

However, there are some professionals whose one of the various perks is high-end phone and free calls. These professionals cannot buy these marvels from our beloved forum only because the gurus cannot provide bills. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that the sell of these handsets would have multiplied :SI:

You can't get warranty on pixi being an imported handset but so many Daddies, Doctors, Professionals, Industrialists, Young, Old & practically people from all sections of society across India are using Imported handsets at RIMweb without any serious issues. Choice really is between whether to get a wonderful imported handset with great features at a very low price OR continue using overpriced, underfeatured handset with 1 year warranty the need for it may not arise at all..

see, if i stayed with my dad i would have bought the pixi, but i'm doing engineering and stay in a different city. if an issue arises, then my dad is not that tech savvy to fix it.. i'm getting him evdo so that he atleast starts checking his emails on his own using his phone...

and u know dads, if an issue crops up i'll be blamed for it completely

• Like 1

checked out the samsung mpower tv today at the samsung store .. they said 4700 a little costly compared to flipkart's 4625... i'm gonna check out more stores tomorrow

Most "high-end phones" have better voice quality than even pricier "non-high-end phones". I experienced this when I was visited by a Tata-Indicom junior engineer to address some signal issues. He said "sir the voice quality of your phone is very good. This is the first time I am listening to such a quality on CDMA network". This was on an HTC Mogul.

That is mainly because TataCDMA releases only load-man grade handsets and only saving grace is the decent OMH handsets available in market... But since the JE is from TataOffice, he is forced to use the bl00dy n/w locked loadman grade handsets only.. So it is a no-wonder voice clarity of mogul is better than the handsets he ever used...

In this case RCom and even MTS is much better imho...

bought the samsung mpower tv s239.. my dad loves it. thanx for all the help guys... rimweb is the forum for anything cdma in india :D

now just have to figure out how to activate evdo and which plan to take?

i've heard abt 99rupees 2.5 gb plan...

Upgrade present RUIM to OMH card and contact CC to get EVDO activated from backend.

The plan you mentioned is for R-GSM alone.

Upgrade present RUIM to OMH card and contact CC to get EVDO activated from backend.

The plan you mentioned is for R-GSM alone.

upgraded to OMH card ...

contacted cc .. they say evdo is for mobile tv.. internet is different.. they say that evdo does not need to be activated as my set is evdo capable... basically they're confusing me, help me out

who should i call *222 or *333 or the netconnect cc *355

and what plan should i get activated for a mild usage of checking emails etc.. like 500mb -1 gb /month data limit would suffice

EVDO plans are much costlier.