Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Android Updates For Your Phone

Official/Unofficial/Leaked Android Version Update For Your Phone.

Now there is a huge variety of Androids in India. Imported, CDMA, Indian Brands, Chinese... All of them may not have dedicated topic on RIMweb..

Everyone looks forward to a New Android Version for their phone. So let's discuss/share in this topic availability, sources, issues, how to? .....

Starting with ...

HTC Incredible S getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in India

Update is live & available for download over the air.

HTC Desire HD now getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in India

It is available for download over the air.

Motorola Defy gets Android 2.2 FroYo update in India

Download From Here http://direct.motoro...B525.en.ASEAN.v

Edited by rajanmehta

Unofficial/Leaked updates can also be discussed?

^ ^ ^

Sure... Edited the title now to include that... Thanks :)

waiting for an upgrade to my moto milestone :)

MIUI is one of the best ROM's ever. I tried it out on my milestone. :)

Xperia Arc, Xperia Play Android 2.3.3 update rolling out now

Source

Today is turning out to be one hell of an Android update day,and the next update in line is Android 2.3.3 for Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Play. As we reported earlier, company has started rolling out the update in select markets starting today and more markets will getting the update end of this week or in the beginning of next week.

Update Changelog:

Android 2.3.3

Facebook Inside Xperia

Battery performance

General software stability

Wi-Fi stability

HD Video recording performance (Xperiaâ„¢ arc)

Touch responsiveness

The update will be available over the air directly from your phone or through PC-Companion software. Choose whichever method you like.

If you like, you can read more about the update at SE Product Blog.

I've a query regardin updating with offical & custom roms for Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo(GT-i5801)

thank you, but my handset is milestone xt 800 , the dual sim one , wud the upgrade work for it too ?

Will the same upgrade work with the Galaxy 551, which is essentially a Galaxy 3 clone with a keyboard!

Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3 'Gingerbread' update rolling out in India

Source

Samsung has started rolling out much-awaited Android 2.3.3 update for Galaxy S in India. Reports are coming in from everywhere that update is available since today morning.

You can update your Samsung Galaxy S now using Kies. Update version details are given below.

CSC – DDJV6

PDA – DDJV6

Modem – DDJV4

Download Samsung Kies from here.

HTC Evo 4G Gingerbread update available from tomorrow

Source

Sprint today officially announced that Evo 4G users will be able to download and install the Android 2.3 update starting tomorrow. The update will have to be initiated by the user – by going to Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update.

If you don't want to do it yourself, Sprint will begin rolling out the update notifications starting June 6. Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.

Any news of Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA(SCH-i559)?

Hi

I am using HTC Evo 4G on Reliance and the MEID is registered. The Gingerbread update is available since June 3rd and I want to upgrade the firmware. I am having L1 active on my phone. I am little worried about losing the Data settings once I upgrade the Firmware. Will I have to re-configure settings? Please let me know the steps to follow for upgrading the Firmware.

Thanks

Krupa

Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread on Spice Mi 410 Now

Source

Related XDA Topic http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1034974

Being Spice Mi 410 owner, you would probably be knowing that it is originally Huawei Ideos X6. Being an OEM device, X6 has been released in various countries under different names and recently one of these variants Cherry Mobile Magnum HD got the official Gingerbread update.

As Spice Mi 410 and Magnum HD are the exact same devices, this stock Gingerbread build works on Mi 410 without any problems. So, you can't wait for Spice to release Android 2.3 for you, here is your chance.

It might void your warranty and you must not perform the following actions unless you are very sure of what you are doing.

Download the update file from here http://www.cherrymob...wareupdate2.zip

• Extract the ZIP file.
  • Copy the file FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 to your SD card. Make sure it is placed in the root folder (not saved in a folder)
  • Insert the SD card to your device.
  • To enter bootloader mode, press and hold volume up + down + power buttons until you see the image of the Android logo.
  • Press 'Home'key to show the update utility. Use the volume buttons to select the option "Download nb0 from SD card".
  • Press 'back arrow' to confirm.
  • Upgrade will start. You can see the progress of the update while you wait.
  • Your Spice Mi 410 is now updated to Android 2.3.4.

• Like 2

:previous:

Thanks Rajan bhai... I am planning to buy this phone for my sister... Thanks a lot again and +1 to you...

You will lose your warranty too.

thank you, but my handset is milestone xt 800 , the dual sim one , wud the upgrade work for it too ?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Any news about Gingerbread release (official) for Droid Incredible?

i dont think its coming.....

Just installed Uber Kingdom Revolution 3D ROM. Its with Gingerbread 2.3.3 and SENSE 3.0. Very nice built and stable ROM..

Link here...

Edited by amit.shah

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc getting Android 2.3.3 update in India

Source

Sony Ericsson India has finally released the Android 2.3.3 update for Xperia Arc. Update is now available via the PC Companion software, but still has to be released over the air.

Android 2.3.3 Update Changelog:

• Facebook Inside Xperia
  • Battery performance improvement
  • Improvements in Software stability, Wi-Fi stability
  • HD Video recording performance gain
  • Touch responsiveness
  • More on Facebook inside Xperia:

Just installed Uber Kingdom Revolution 3D ROM. Its with Gingerbread 2.3.3 and SENSE 3.0. Very nice built and stable ROM..

Link here...

Hi amit,

I presume you installed it on your Incrdedible?

Is everything working OK or something not working like camera or data? Also let know if there is any improvement in battery backup after the upgrade.

Edited by amtrag

^^^^^

I did install KINgDoM REwInD 3D ROM (formely known as Uber Kingdom Revolution 3D) from here . Though its still in BETA, everything like camera, data etc. is working properly. There is no difference in Battery Backup.

Yesterday nite i have reverted back to Stock ROM as der were few Force Close issues, many of which have been resolved in latest version. I had pointed out the problems faced by me to JoelZ9614 (developer of the ROM) on gtalk and he has promised to look into it and try to solve in future releases.

But, overall its a very very gud ROM and for sure worth experimenting... I would surely be installing again once the Final Version is released.

Edited by amit.shah