Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Android Updates For Your Phone

any update for samsung galaxy pro b7510

current version 2.2.2

I scream for ICE CREAM for my epic but samsung won't let me have some :(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^

Even ginger bread is not fully stable, ice cream sandwich is just a scream for a dream.

gingerbread on ACS is perfect - been using it for over a day now :) for the Epic :)

samsung galaxy 3 recieves 2ndupdate for froyo (DDJP4)

2.2.1 update for Spice Mi300

if you are having Mi300 and waiting for official update to 2.2. its not coming.

but you can use the official ROM for Cherry Nova.

down update tool, which is available for download from http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/downloads/NOVA_2-2_softwareupdate.zip

Extract the downloaded Zip file and run setup.exe

Wait for the SUT set up wizard window to appear

Click ‘Next’, Next, Next and Finish the Installation

Wait for the Software Update Tool to appear.

Remove battery from phone and wait for 10 sec.

Put bac battery, long hold volume-up camera and power button together to enter update mode.

Connect the phone to your PC via USB cable

When the phone is connected, wait for setup to recognise phone, click ‘Next’

Upgrade. You can see the progress of the update while you wait.

Your Spice Mi 300 is now updated to Android 2.2.1

the ROM is pure stock android 2.2

warning

this can brick your phone

preferably use a laptop to avoid accidental power failure dur4ng update

• Like 1

Still waiting for the OTA Gingerbread for Incredible 2.

^

I think its rolled out since 11th July...

Yes Dhiraj, I know. Still no sms / message. Check Update draws a blank 'Service Unavailable' after a few minutes. Cannot spot a link anywhere to get the file. I guess messages do come - My son got a message on his Hero when Android 2 came.

^

Hope you are official verizon rom and unrooted. No sms will come. It will show up/pushed in System Update- Firmware Update if you are connected to the internet via wifi. Also ensure that Auto Checking of Updates (if any) is checked.

^^ there is a sure update, i had mailed download location to some one 3-4 days back, shall post it here soon.

@Sgiitk Sir

BTW just wanted to ask are you finding any SMS issues in CDMA mode of Incredible 2, GSM its working fine i am aware of that. in CDMA it adds 011 ahead of MDN i suppose, please clear this - thanks

@Genius; Switch off assisted dialling. Settings>Call>Assisted Dialling. My phone was fine for a couple of days, and then I must have switched on Assisted Dialling and and sms with a '0'prefix would not go. I installed Handcent and was editing out the 0 manually (sms goes without the 0 prefix wherever). Then I contacted Hetal and he advised me to switch off Assisted Dialling. You have to do a Restart to clear the cache.

Please send me the link.

@dkaile: I am doing precisely that. There is no auto checking option. I am checking through both WiFi (IITK) and 3G (Reliance)at least twice a day. I am stock, unrooted.

Added on 20/07

@Genius; Thought I had fixed it. Till yesterday it was taking +91 also. Then packed up no sms to a number with any prefix 0 or otherwise. Now again working both ways. I suspect Reliance are having network problems. Yesterday, Karnataka was 'busy' but sms'es were getting through. Even that stopped for some time. Could be nationwide problems. I suggest you install Handcent (Free is file). It lets you edit outgoing phone nos. for sms.

Still waiting for the link. No luck with OTA check today as well. Was hanging for ages though.

Edited by sgiitk

^^ there is a sure update, i had mailed download location to some one 3-4 days back, shall post it here soon.

@Sgiitk Sir

BTW just wanted to ask are you finding any SMS issues in CDMA mode of Incredible 2, GSM its working fine i am aware of that. in CDMA it adds 011 ahead of MDN i suppose, please clear this - thanks

Great the update is out.

I am on Skyraider (guess it means its not stock) and Unrooted.

Do paste the link whenever possible.

@ Sagiitk sir

i got held up here is link of OTA http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/13/download-exclusive-official-htc-droid-incredible-2-gingerbread-ruu-2-18-605-4-same-as-the-official-gingerbread-ota/

also there is build.prop changes to be done for sms to go smooth.

Motorola Atrix 4G gets Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Update

Source

Motorola has finally released Android 2.3.4 update for Atrix 4G customers on AT&T. This update available both via OTA and manual download.

Apart from the Gingerbread goodness, update brings several other fixes – like improvements in gallery, Music app, updated Motoblur, full 1080p video playback, the ability to dismiss one notification from notification tray, and faster webtop browsing.

This update also brings the app sideloading for the Atrix 4G users, which was earlier blocked by AT&T.

You can download the update from here or go to Menu->Settings->About phone->System Updates to check for OTA.

Full Update Release Notes here

Upgraded mt moto defy to froyo. Dont see major changes. Besides GPS has started giving me problems. Was better on 2.1. Any way to go back? I am on official rom on an unrooted phone.

^

try doing a factory reset after the update; seems to correct issues people have. I had the issue of my camera not working with flash; got corrected after a factory reset.

Tried that. didn't work.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Somebody at xda developers have created custom roms with dual boot (2android custom romson same device without bootloader)

I am looking out for Gingerbread for Incredible 2.

Hetal has advised me that OTA may not be available in India, and I may have to download and install. I came across this link

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/13/download-exclusive-official-htc-droid-incredible-2-gingerbread-ruu-2-18-605-4-same-as-the-official-gingerbread-ota/

Has anyone tried it? dkaile thinks it should be Ok. Also, androidpolice - how are they?

Also, I have never used to RUU route so can someone elaborate on it.

I have used the RUU Route on my Evo and it works flawlessly! Just go ahead with the instructions and take care of the file name and you will be upgraded,

Is it possible to update Froyo to Gingerbread??

Samsung Galaxy I559 CDMA. if yes ,

Please how is the procedure and what will be the precautions taken during the procedure.

thanX :Sonrojado:

regards,

amit.

• Like 1

Isn't there an official gb update for your phone? If not xda and CyanogenMod are always there.

The gps issue which is widely reported was not resolving. All it required was root and an application that would alter the memory allocation protocol. Since I had root, I thought of giving cm7 a shot. Very happy with the outcome.

Upgraded mt moto defy to froyo. Dont see major changes. Besides GPS has started giving me problems. Was better on 2.1. Any way to go back? I am on official rom on an unrooted phone.