Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Android Updates For Your Phone

More Wow!!! HTC adds DROID Incredible 2, HTC Rhyme and HTC Thunderbolt to ICS Android 4 Update Device List >> https://www.facebook...150786212353084

We have more good news related to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and can confirm that upgrades are planned for Verizon Wireless customers with the HTC Rhyme, HTC Thunderbolt, and DROID Incredible 2 by HTC, as well as the already announced HTC Rezound.

In addition, the HTC Raider is on the list to receive ICS for customers of Rogers and Bell in Canada. Stay tuned for more news on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

how to upgrade i-559 to gingerbread?kies is providing option for update but its not working.plz help.

I am also using pop cdma on MTS n/w...i am from Midnapur...

Kies is not showing any gingerbread update for me....& local samsung service center told me that there is no gingerbread update available for pop cdma till now....but according to u,its available...so pls post a Screenshot of the kies(which showing gingerbread update for pop cdma i559 is available) for me....I want to show that picture to my local samsung service center...

(to take a ss from ur pc... press print screen button on ur keyboard)

Verizon's HTC Droid Incredible 2 is getting an over-the-air update that brings the following improvements:

Source: Verizon PDF >> http://support.veriz...incredible2.pdf

What will be the repurcussions for imported/cracked phones in India. I guess one of the guru's will have to get and patch the RUU. Also, it may take sone time for the rooting tools, Titanium, and recovery to be updated.

^ ^ ^

For a Droid Incredible 2 which is not MEID registered with Reliance or other carrier and is used through the chinese ROM via UIM Card in CDMA Mode, no updates can be applied as it may break the UIM card functionality. You'll have to wait for the updated chinese ROM. Same principle will apply for ICS update too as and when it becomes available.

For a handset which is MEID registered and working on CDMA without the UIM card, RUU should work well. If one is using only for GSM, then too RUU should work.

This is my educated guess. Some Incredible 2 owner will be in a better position to confirm authentically.

• Like 2

HTC Posts Android 4.0 Update Timeline, Expects To Finish Upgrades By August

Source

HTC Android 4 Official Blog Announcement >> http://www.htc.com/w...id=android4blog

Wondering when your HTC Android device is going to receive its update to Android 4.0? Then you'll be glad to hear that HTC has provided a timeline showing approximately when it expects each of its Ice Cream Sandwich-upgradable phones to be bumped up to Google's latest dessert. HTC says that the majority of its devices will be updated in June and July 2012 and that it plans to finish updating its announced devices by August. Here's how the list breaks down:

• Amaze 4G: May-June
  • Desire S: June-July
  • Desire HD: July-August
  • DROID Incredible 2: To be determined, but coming by the end of August
  • EVO 3D: June-July
  • EVO 4G+: May-June
  • EVO Design 4G: June-July
  • Incredible S: June-July
  • Sensation: March-June
  • Sensation 4G: March-June
  • Sensation XE: March-June
  • Sensation XL: April-June
  • Rezound: June-July
  • Rhyme: June-July
  • ThunderBolt: July-August
  • Velocity 4G: March-June
  • Vivid: March-June

HTC notes that things like the testing and approval process can take some time, so owners of these devices should keep in mind that rollouts can take up to 45 days from the start of the push to reach everyone. The manufacturer also confirms a handful of devices (like the Wildfire S) that won't be updated to Android 4.0, explaining that devices with 512MB of RAM or less generally won't be upgraded. Tablets like the Flyer, EVO View 4G and Jetstream will also remain Ice Cream Sandwich-less.

any android upgrades for samsung b5512 or samsung y pro duo....plz let me knw the procedure to update to icecream sandwhich....already its on 2.3.6....

HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design Will Get Official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update By Early August

Official Sprint Annoucement

The wait is almost over for HTC EVOâ„¢ 3D and HTC EVO Design 4Gâ„¢ customers! The Androidâ„¢ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, update will begin rolling out to users by early August. Stay tuned for exact dates.

When your device is eligible for the update, it will notify you to download. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Installation will take a few minutes, and your device will be disabled during the installation process. It will be ready to use when the process is complete.

Android 4.0 adds numerous enhancements and new features, including:

• A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
  • Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
  • Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
  • Web browser now lets you sync Google Chromeâ„¢ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
  • People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
  • Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
  • Redesigned Gmailâ„¢ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
  • Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera

Samsung Galaxy Ace:

One of the most stable ROM that I have used after stocklite 6.0...

Based on CM7 - APOCALYPSE-FINAL [09.07.12].

Installation Procedure - Step 1 (rom)

1. bοοt into CWM5 Recovery

2. wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik

3. format cache/data/system/sd-ext

4. MOUNT DATA

5. flash APOCALYPSE-17.06.12

5. reboot and complete the setup wizard

NOTE 1: At this stage you probably won't see the status bar. Reboot again to show up or plugin your usb mount cable

NOTE 2: At this stage you probably won't a wallpaper. Choose one with QuickPic

Installation Procedure - Step 2 (ICS Layouts)

1. Reboot into CWM5

2. mount system, flash Layouts APOCALYPSE-patch and reboot

NOTE: After phone boots, status bar is gone, theme is also changed. Don't worry

3. Reboot phone into CWM5 again

4. mount system, flash Layouts APOCALYPSE-undo and reboot

5. Reboot phone into CWM5 one last time

6. mount system, flash Layouts APOCALYPSE-patch, reboot

Finishing GPS Set-Up

1. go to system/etc/gps.conf

2. use root explorer, long press that file and open with text editor

3. replace "europe" with your region according to this guide

4. Save file, no permissions needs to be changed. The .bak file can be safely deleted

Ownload: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1700749

[Leak] HTC Droid Incredible 2 Gets Its Own Ice Cream Sandwich ROM Based On Leaked RUU

Source

ROM Link >> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1846304

Allegedly based on another leaked RUU from HTC. Readers may remember the Incredible 2 as being among devices officially slated by HTC to receive Ice Cream Sandwich "by the end of August," so this leak's timing isn't too hard to figure out.

The ROM, which carries Sense 3.6 over top of Ice Cream Sandwich and software build number 7.01.605.01, is the stock HTC fair you may expect, but with a few tweaks ranging from root to removal of HTC's inconvenient app association settings.

Finally ICS update is here for Motorola Droid 4

And like droid razr it also gets gsm unlocked.:D

Downloading the update right now will post more after installing it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by nikme

Has the ICS update for EVO 4G released yet or not? It was supposed to be out by June according to our Mr. Rajan Mehta. Or I missed it?????????

Has the ICS update for EVO 4G released yet or not? It was supposed to be out by June according to our Mr. Rajan Mehta. Or I missed it?????????

HTC Evo 4G was a 2010 flagship device of Sprint which was launched on its WiMAX network..

Despite having a great 4.3 inches screen, 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512 MB RAM HTC has no desire to update this great phone to Android ICS. So, there will be no official Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC Evo 4G. But you can do this yourself; this is the fun of using the Android. Here is a step by step guide to upgrade HTC Evo 4G with Android ICS. http://pinappu.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Upgrade-HTC-Evo-4G-with-Android-ICS-aka-Ice-Cream-Sandwich

Samsung Reveals All Devices That Will Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

Source

Phones:

• Galaxy S II
  • Galaxy Note
  • Galaxy S Advance
  • Galaxy S II LTE
  • Galaxy Music
  • Galaxy Chat
  • Galaxy Ace 2
  • Galaxy Beam
  • Galaxy Ace Plus
  • Galaxy Mini II
  • Galaxy S DUOS

Tablets:

• Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
  • Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
  • Galaxy Note 10.1
  • Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

• Like 1

I am sure SII means all s2 devices irrespective of gsm CDMA or operator.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Bad Motorola. And US operator's strategy to sell new phones.

I expected this... If they gave FREE ICS update to Atrix, then who will buy their (and AT&T's) AtrixHD? If they (Moto and Sprint) updates their Photon to ICS, then there is no need to buy PhotonQ for them...

Atleast they should have released PhotonQ or AtrixHD with JB instead of ICS... Oh, I understand now... They released them with ICS so that they can release JB somehow after 6 to 9 months and say they have whole-heartedly supported these age old devices (after 9 months) and can avoid KeyLimePie altogether...

My greatest anger with Motorola is, they should have atleast released their phones with Unlockable Bootloaders (like PhotonQ) to non-verizon or atleast their International versions and we need NOT run behind these d0uchebags for the update to the latest OS version...

Even if owned by Google, Motorola will never change... I promise I will never buy a Moto device without unlockable BL again even if it comes with greatest of build-quality + Radios and out of the world battery life...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But Moto is also sure they can sell their new devices to these same Atrix and Photon owners by their 100$ rebate on upgrade to latest Moto Phones (When they sell their Moto phones with NO JB till 2012).. This also means they are very committed to new sales than upgrade to old phones (like every all others)...

WTF

I bought a photon this week.

Photon has good specs and if i am not wrong it can go very well with JB and they dont want to upgrade to ICS??

Samsung is much batter compare to motorola.

Thats why I did not go for Razr Maxx. Poor upgrades from Motorola inspite of being acquired by google. I also have a GSM defy and have installed CM10 on it to see how it works. Believe me it is pretty smooth. Could not find any bugs.

I was patiently waiting for Motorola to release ics updates for the photon but now that they have royally screwed the photon users, I think it's time to unlock that bootloader and start experimenting with custom ROMs

Sent from my rotary phone