Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tsk1979

Reliance 3G Plans - How Is Edge/2G Billed?

I was thinking of taking the reliance 200MB data plan.

however, I have seen in the past that many times with 3G enabled, on some towers you get only "2G" signal.

So instead of "H" in my data notification area, I see "E", which is standard GPRS.

Now with 2G its simply. You switch off your phones 3G mode, and it will continuously connect in 3G.

With 3G enabled, and on a 3G plans, on some locations I may get only 2G connectivity.

So when I download data under 2G, how will it be billed. Will it be Pay as you go?

that will be very expensive.

Lets say I download 100MB under 3G, and 10MB under 2G due to unavailability of 3G on that tower.

The 10 MB slow speed MBs will be billed at a much higher rate.

So what is the solution?

I activate both 2G plan (99/month) + 3G plan of my choice?

Or will I not be billed extra as long as my total data stays below 200MB.

Have you spoken to Reliance Customer Care about this? What are they saying?

As per Reliance Website, If a customer has 2G MobileNet Plans active, they will not be able to enjoy 3G speeds unless they explicitly subscribe for the plan.

But in reality if you use or get 3G speed with MobileNet Plans active, Rest assured you are going to get a Everest bill on your face from Reliance. This has happened with me.

Their network will be able to record 3G usage as 3G usage but AFAIK all networks first bill free usage and then offer discounts.

So if base tariff say 10 ps/10kb is same for 2G and 3G, one should be able to use 2G plans 3G speed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

what happens in case of CDMA then ?

Can we njoy EVDO speeds without being charged exhorbitant netconnect + charges ??

1x net connect is not cheap either

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of taking the reliance 200MB data plan.

however, I have seen in the past that many times with 3G enabled, on some towers you get only "2G" signal.

So instead of "H" in my data notification area, I see "E", which is standard GPRS.

Now with 2G its simply. You switch off your phones 3G mode, and it will continuously connect in 3G.

With 3G enabled, and on a 3G plans, on some locations I may get only 2G connectivity.

So when I download data under 2G, how will it be billed. Will it be Pay as you go?

that will be very expensive.

Lets say I download 100MB under 3G, and 10MB under 2G due to unavailability of 3G on that tower.

The 10 MB slow speed MBs will be billed at a much higher rate.

So what is the solution?

I activate both 2G plan (99/month) + 3G plan of my choice?

Or will I not be billed extra as long as my total data stays below 200MB.

Suppose you have subscribed a 200MB 3G_data_pack and you have used 100MB in 3G and 10MB in 2G (as 3G is NOT available), you will never be charged separately for 2G usage... Instead the 10MB usage will be deducted from your 200MB 3G limit, AFAIK...

So if you will be in 2G areas most of the time, it is better to get 2g_GSM data packs, which are very cheaper than 3GSM...