Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pabitrak5

Activating EVDO on Samsung Galaxy Pop with Reliance CDMA

Many of our members here are using these plans for evdo http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_phone.html , however certain settings need to be performed before you are exempt from NUC.

@pabhi

You r absolutely correct , even i was charged NUC for my windows mobile plan , hence i have filed a dispute on the phone with the cc's.

Many of our members here are using these plans for evdo http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_phone.html , however certain settings need to be performed before you are exempt from NUC.

@Dinesh...hey What are the settings to be done so that u wont get billed for NUC? if you pls post it

VV, we are not provided with an option to add new APN's on our galaxy pop cdma. Hence it is beyond me to apply these settings. We need help of a guru.

DEAR ALL

thanks for discussing the topic.

i have activated my EVDO after lot of struggle with CC, it got activated buy giving complaint at Rweb World

i am using defult pay and use plan. if any one knows a better plan can update me

further i am also facing the problem of no r world icon on my SCH I559. has anybody got it, then please update the forum

thanks

Hey Pabirta,

did you find any data plan ? Please let me know how u activated it ?

Thanks

@ dinesh_c4..actually it does give an option to create New APN, however, when a new APN is created, it does not have an option to activate the new APN or use the new APN as default. I have created a new APN in my Galaxy Pop CDMA with its name as EVDO but I am not able to activate it or use it as default..

@ dinesh_c4..actually it does give an option to create New APN, however, when a new APN is created, it does not have an option to activate the new APN or use the new APN as default. I have created a new APN in my Galaxy Pop CDMA with its name as EVDO but I am not able to activate it or use it as default..

you can. just click on radio button of recently created APN...

i Have only one default settin i.e "OHM" ,i can't seem to create any more APN's.

:previous:

Dear Friend

Please write in detailed how you activated rworld on samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

and also anyone knows a better data plan, may be monthly for prepaid customers to take the best of Android2.2 and how to activate those plans

Eagerly waiting for reply

regards

pabitra

finally activated rworld on my samsung galaxy pop :

use coolppad setting for the same

new apn

Sash ... you ROCK !!!

POP owners just follow these settings in new APN and browse http://wap.rworld.co.in in stock browser

You should be able to see the NEW rworld

Dear Sash.. and Ememdy

please write in detail how to do APN setting on Galaxy Pop like

Name:

PPP Number:

Username:

Password:

Authentication types:

Proxy:

Port:

Data Bearer:

MCC:

MNC:

This will help all Samsung Galxy POP owner to use the facility

Thanks In advance

Pabitra

Hi Guys

Finally i have activated EVDO on my samsung galaxy pop i559, but its not working....infact now i am not able to use neither 1x nor EVDO.

i called customer care and they dont have proper solution, even i have visited reliance mobile store and the suggested to launch a compliant and they will give you setting like proxy and user name and all, even launching complaint there is no use.

so can any body help me for same, how i used EVDO net on my handset. is there really need any user name, proxy? plz help me

My phone Samsung Galaxy Pop SCH i5559 (CDMA) is not connecting with evdo network and i have even changed my sim car to omh sin from reliance care...

I found that it is also connecting at 1x network.

i have recharged my number with Rs. 94 highspeed internet pack...and still i am disappointed with the service..

what should i do...?

• Like 1

Even I am facing same issue...... I am also having SCH i559 (CDMA) and it is not connecting to evdo network. It always connects to 1x network. I have done a recharge of 94/-.

I had a multiple convesation with reliance CC and all waste.

Do anybody have solution for this ?

:previous: See:

Go to the reliance web world , speak to the senior most cc there and ask them to place a request on your behalf.

Today I got new OMH SIM for my number and Reliance Care personel now says wait for today and you will get the EVDO. I am not sure if it will work as I still get 1x on my phone. Strange thing is initially it shows both 1x and EV but as soon as start Data, it switches to 1x mode.

Not sure if A12auth is selected for my profile or not. I visited web world also, but they do not wish to take and even says there is nothing like that. Phew......

^ RW people don't know anything about A12Auth because its not the feature of the CRM software they are trained on.

Why you initially see both 1x & EV signs because your RUIM is OMH and OMH RUIMs are capable of EVDO but the feature is not yet available on your #, thats why it drops to 1x (which is activated by default)..

• Like 1

@Aalok : Seems to be never ending issue..... how to get the EVDO activated is challenge ..... I know a different thread was there which was taking the request for activating EVDO, but that is closed now..... I request if that would have start again to help people like me.

^ agreed.. getting evdo activated from reliance is a head banging task.. regarding the thread of evdo activation, amitji was helping out the community and i am sure many people took him for granted and he was forced to stop taking requests. (maybe am wrong and he closed that thread for some other reason)..

Hi!! Just wanted to share my experience regarding activation of EVDO. I had recently bought the Mobilenet 94 package, but the speed I was getting was painfully slow and my network was showing as 1xRTT. After I read about EVDO on this forum, i decided to get that activated.

So I called their customer service around last evening 6:30 (Nov 19). A lady CSR took my call; first there were the verifications of name address etc......after which I gave her the details of my internet package and the problems that I was facing. I then asked her to simply send a service request for activating EVDO on my number, which she did, after which she gave me a ref no. and told me that my service request will be resolved within 5 days. A few moments later I got an sms stating the same. I was quite happy with my experience with the CSR...........efficient, simple and quick.

To my pleasant surprise I got a call from another CSR at around 3:30pm today (Nov 20), who told me that my EVDO was now activated and all I had to do was switch off the phone for about 4-5 minutes and restart. Now my speed is much better than before and am very happy with the overall experience!! :)