Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil

Can you dial any number from Rconnect?

Hi,

My office provides a dial-up facility to work from home. Can I dial using R connect?

The web world people said NO.

Sunil

RConnect is like Dishnet's DishNETdial....it's just the Internet service offerend by Reliance. Just like they are having packages by number of hours, Reliance is providing unlimited access per month for Rs. 100. u will be charged the airtime usage @ 40ps for using RConnect.

Since ur office is providing dial-up facility to wok from home, I think u can connect/dialup directly to it. U don't have to connect through RConnect.

try to dial 172233 from your phone, It connects and u will hear modem's typical negotiations. But when in dial-up connection it refuses to connect. but it will resolve soon as trai given notice to mobile providers that from mobile users should able to access 172* numbers.

I didn't understand that what is the gain behind access like this. It will cost much more.

i think you can use it to connect to other isps.. especially the LG FWP, which has some option in the phone to set it to "Fax Only" or "Modem Only" or "Fax for next call" and "Modem for next call".. i have never tried it though

well, currently you cannot do that, because reliance does not as yet support data calls to anything other than #777.