Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mdhussain

Configuring Email for Nokia C1

Hi Friends,

I was in search of lower end mobile with e-mail facility. Recently one of my friend gifted me Nokia C1. This mobile is allowing me e-mail but i doubt that OVI application is the e-mail client here. Do anybody have any idea? Like do i need to subscribe for OVI first in order to configure my e-mail or how it works? Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Hussain.

What E-Mail account do you want to use, POP or exchange?

What E-Mail account do you want to use, POP or exchange?

Oh i forgot to mention it. I want to use POP.

Please configure the service provider settings.

Put them in:

Menu>Configuration>Personal Config Settings>>Options>Add New>Access Point

Maybe also in

Menu>Configuration>Personal Config Settings>Options>Add New>Web

Then:

Menu>Configuration>Default Configuration... Select Personal Config.

I found this on the Nokia support forum check if it works.

Then try accessing through E-Mail application. You can also install POP E-Mail application from http://www.getjar.com/mobile-email-social-and-messaging-applications-for-nokia-c1-01/ if not using OVI E-Mail.

Please configure the service provider settings.

Put them in:

Menu>Configuration>Personal Config Settings>>Options>Add New>Access Point

Maybe also in

Menu>Configuration>Personal Config Settings>Options>Add New>Web

Then:

Menu>Configuration>Default Configuration... Select Personal Config.

I found this on the Nokia support forum check if it works.

Then try accessing through E-Mail application. You can also install POP E-Mail application from http://www.getjar.com/mobile-email-social-and-messaging-applications-for-nokia-c1-01/ if not using OVI E-Mail.

Thanks for helping me out, Dipan. I have downloaded the e-mail application from the link you posted. Though i did not get a chance to install on mobile yet - just wanted to confirm with you if it is a Demo or free full version?

And about configuring the service provider settings I could not find the Navigation route "Menu>Configuration>Default Configuration" There is no "configuration" in main "Menu" neither in any of its sub menus.

The .jar files are generally free apps and they are mentioned as free/paid on Getjar. I do not have a Nokia to test with me but basically you need to enter the service provider's network settings on the phone to access internet. Did you give the settings in the other menu paths? I got the path from the nokia support forums. If your internet is already working then do not bother configuring these. Just install the .jar file and access E-Mail.

The .jar files are generally free apps and they are mentioned as free/paid on Getjar. I do not have a Nokia to test with me but basically you need to enter the service provider's network settings on the phone to access internet. Did you give the settings in the other menu paths? I got the path from the nokia support forums. If your internet is already working then do not bother configuring these. Just install the .jar file and access E-Mail.

Yes my internet is already working. Let my try out the e-mail app.

Thanks

There is an e-mail app which comes in Nokia C1. It is pull e-mail not push.

I have configured my e-mails successfully. Thanks to all.......

With pop, you wont get push. But with imap, you can get push with nokia's default client itself. I've done it in my s60 mobile. Not sure about s40 though.. Anyway, you can try using imap... Reply with results..