Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitnsonu

Post MNP Experience

guys I think this topic should also be on forum so that we know if the purpose of MNP is fulfiled by our new network or not.. Hope every body will get benefitted

my Post MNP experience experience is here

MNP done : 1 April 2011 (No april fool)

operators : RCDMA to Aircel (Delhi)

Reason : better network with affordable plans

first I was thinking of vodafone (really a king among all networks IMHO) but it was too costly in postpaid, then i decided to go with aircel with plan SIMPLE VALUE 499

details:

Rent 499

free airtime local/std/ onnet roaming : 1000 minutes

free sms local/std : 2500 sms

data : upto 2 gb in home circle only (although i have noticed they have not charged me for roaming data)

caller tunes free

after free usage

call rate : 1p/sec std/local/onnet roaming

sms : 30 p local, 60p std

i was not getting proper network with RCDMA in basement and facing call drops even at 5th floor, called and mailed RCOM several times regarding this but no solution.

with aircel, i m getting proper network everywhere, no call drops till now.

when my 2 billing cycles get completed on 27 may, then again I thought of bargaining with aircel too, sent port out sms.....

no call back from aircel, but i m getting noticed from unbilled usage that they are giving me 25% discount from 27 may i.e. effective rental 374.25 Rs Per month :Sorprendido::Sorprendido:...

consumer is really king now...

thats from my side, waiting for others opinion

• Like 1

shifted to idea from airtel in jan on 30th

voice clarity good but poor data services GPRS is slow

recently travelled to himachal pradesh coverage on roaming is poor and no GPRS service on national roaming

not that happy with IDEA

I don't think anyone would port from AIRTEL to IDEA.

my porting experience:

Time of porting: Around mid January 2011

Operators: From Idea to RCDMA

Reason: Poor Idea network in my south Mumbai office. No improvement despite follow up for one year

Experience: On network part, I face no problem at all now in my office. RCDMA network is appreciably good in Mumbai and around. I do not need to access email or internet on phone, so have the basic but really cute Mpower TV239 model. It works really well. On tariff part, earlier subscribed to the 50p RCDMA postpaid tariff. Had some hiccups as I added the 30p tariff but I was billed for 50p. After a mail, I was given a refund and things are fine on that front. Used Palm Pixi for few days and found RCDMA EVDO absolutely amazing.

But...... MTS bundled handset offers are really tempting. I wish RCDMA also introduces something like that. Till then, I am happy with RCDMA.

Recently I did National-MNP by porting my "Idea"s Delhi/NCR connection to "Idea" UP-West circle's. After, N-MNP, I noticed that I am able to call that number ( i.e. ported one) from any Delhi/NCR mobile as a local number i.e. without prefixing "0" or "+91". Then I tried to call some other UP-West's number from my Delhi mobile number and all the calls got connected as local call. The same is happening when calling from UP-West number to Delhi/NCR number. Has anybody else noticed this ?

Recently to comply with nmnp all operators have done away with the 0. You can call any mobile without prefixing 0

Recently I did National-MNP by porting my "Idea"s Delhi/NCR connection to "Idea" UP-West circle's. After, N-MNP, I noticed that I am able to call that number ( i.e. ported one) from any Delhi/NCR mobile as a local number i.e. without prefixing "0" or "+91". Then I tried to call some other UP-West's number from my Delhi mobile number and all the calls got connected as local call. The same is happening when calling from UP-West number to Delhi/NCR number. Has anybody else noticed this ?

Sir, Have you verified the call charges including for incoming calls.

Sir, Have you verified the call charges including for incoming calls.

I have post-pay connection so call charges can be verified only after bill generation.

I think i could not explain my view. "By local call" I mean call gets connected without prefixing "0" or "+91" and it had nothing to do with call charges.

Really happy post MNP from Reliance CDMA postpaid to Airtel 3G/4G Postpaid. The network of Airtel is quite good in UP West, in fact better than Reliance CDMA in some places. Reliance GSM is comparison was just too pathetic.

Data speeds on 3G are better than Reliance EVDO -

post-18748-0-21185900-1439263210_thumb.j

Cheers...

Really happy post MNP from Reliance CDMA postpaid to Airtel 3G/4G Postpaid. The network of Airtel is quite good in UP West, in fact better than Reliance CDMA in some places. Reliance GSM is comparison was just too pathetic.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-08-10-17-53-02.jpg

Cheers...

Can you elaborate about the plan you chose?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-08-10-17-53-02.jpg

Cheers...

Can you elaborate about the plan you chose?

I chose the 299 plan with 8 packs, all of 3G i.e. total 960MB 3G data + on porting I got 300 minutes local/std calls free per month.

Alternatively with family members I can chose the My Family Plan and start at 399 with 12 packs i.e. approx 1.5GB data free and after that unlimited 2G data; No rental after 1st month (199) for all the additional 4 family members. 300 minutes calling free for each member porting into Airtel. Data is shared amongst all members and plan can be increased to 499 or 599 if more data is required.

• Like 1

@dkaile

Reason for port out?

@dkaile

Reason for port out?

1. Lack of proper handsets and at proper prices. I was the first user of Reliance in West UP. When we started using CDMA, high quality handsets were easily available at half the price of their gsm counterparts,

2. Dying network. Will be finished soon after Jio.

3. Lack of transparency.

4. No 4G

I ported out of relaince cdma network in 2011 because of network issue as well as non availability of affordable handsets.

Now I am back on RCDMA because of failure of GSM network at my place. RCDMA is working here as a charm however evdo speed is not more than 600 kbps.

Handset availabilty is far more better than 2011. Now I am using Droid Maxx with GSM/CDMA capability on single sim which we couldnt imagine in 2011.

Data prices are as important as 3g/4g network, which in current scenario are simply very high. I have consumed 8 GB in my last billing cycle on RCDMA network, which may have cost me min. 1000/- on 3G.