Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

iOS 5 New Features

Hi friends

i am using ios 5 from yesterday morning, thanks to one of my friends mr. Reddy who helped me in getting the developer module of ios 5 installed on my iphone and ipad 2. I am glad to mention few features which were not covered in the keynotes of apple but part of 200 new features.

1) single call entry can now be deleted from call log, earlier it was only possible with jail broken phone.

2) short cuts have been added under keyboard, very useful.

3) there is no separate icon for imessages, the normal message application detect the ios 5 user and accordingly sends the message. If the send button is green it goes as a normal message and if blue, it goes as imessage.

4) now in ios there is a separate option for face time, now face time is allowed even if the mobile number is not verified, it is routed through the apple id. This is the same as available in ipod touch 4.

5) ipod feature have been seperated in terms of video and music, different apps for both.

6) map search have become very fast, this is not an additional feature but very good improvement.

Will keep updating as and when comes to know about the new features.

• Like 1

^^ i thought iOS 5 dosent allow radio on - how far this is true?

is it possible to JB it

Like the revamped lock screen and the way it handles notifications :)

One has to admit Apple knows marketing. They take existing features from other OS and repackage it and boast they have best OS. The thing is they keep the user experience so simple that even such small additions are highly hyped up.

Edited by dipanlahiri

You are absolutely right. Apple is largely marketing, though one has to give them credit for keeping things simple. There is a clear contrast in strategy from Microsoft and even Android.

One has to admit Apple knows marketing. They take existing features from other OS and repackage it and boast they have best OS. The thing is they keep the user experience so simple that even such small additions are highly hyped up.

Selection to correct between the words or a line is a difficult task on IOS previous version

Hope that gets updated with IOS 5

iOS 5 includes early earthquake warning notifications for Japanese iPhone users

Following the devestating earthquake in Japan earlier this year, Apple has added a new early earthquake warning notification option to iOS 5. iOS 5 users in Japan can turn on early earthquake notifications at the very bottom of the iOS 5 Notification Center settings pane. As you can see above, all the user has to do is flick a switch to start receiving these notifications. According to Time, who profiled Japan’s earthquake warning system earlier this year, the system gives warnings from seconds to one or two minutes before the earthquake hits.

quakewarning-500x195.png

Back in iOS 5 Beta 2, we had seen references to a "Quake Alert" notification embedded in iOS 5, as shown here:

quake.jpg

apple is purely great marketting + simple interface + excellent hardware

and you forgot over priced!

:ranting:

apple is purely great marketting + simple interface + excellent hardware

and you forgot over priced!

Agreed totally, they know marketing. People also are much fascinated about their products.