Sign in to follow this  
kesav

World's First OMH EVDO Modem

First was AnyData USB Modem.

It cant be first.

where can i buy it?

It cant be first.

I feel Anydata and Micomax modems are RUIM based but not OMH complaint. Means EVDO parameters are picked from Modem memory and not from RUIM.

They normally come with all possible operators' settings when released in respective geography.

For example, Micromax(300C) modem comes with all Indian CDMA operators(BSNL,TATA,RCOM & MTS) EVDO settings pre-programmed.

Suppose, if you take this Micromax(300C) modem to Bangladesh/Pakistan/Indonesia, it may not work with that country's CDMA operator's RUIM since those operators settings are not pre-programmed.

• Like 1

It cant be first.

I feel Anydata and Micomax modems are RUIM based but not OMH complaint. Means EVDO parameters are picked from Modem memory and not from RUIM.

They normally come with all possible operators' settings when released in respective geography.

For example, Micromax(300C) modem comes with all Indian CDMA operators(BSNL,TATA,RCOM & MTS) EVDO settings pre-programmed.

Suppose, if you take this Micromax(300C) modem to Bangladesh/Pakistan/Indonesia, it may not work with that country's CDMA operator's RUIM since those operators settings are not pre-programmed.

micromax 300c device is used by me from last 8 months.

it reads OMH and non OMH sim correctly.

IF u use non omh sim, then it shows only 1x coverage and if use OMH then EVDO coverage.

but it might true that it may had PRL setting in built in modem.