Reliance CDMA EVDO Activation Request Here For Aam Admi

main line mein hoon.

for once i beat u to something :P:

what phone are u using these days?

motorola milestone xt800 , dual sim :D

Do both networks work at the same time?

Is it official Reliance phone?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

yeah official phone, has inbuilt settings for Reliance, MTS and Tata indicom for CDMA. m using my DAPO with evdo + mtnl

Edited by nitink

Please arrange the similar initiative for Tata Indicom too.

It'll be a great help..

Thanks Amit. It's a great initiative :)

It'll be a great help..

The EVDO activation is problem for RCDMA do not think TI has issues in activating EVDO on OMH.

Sent while mobile, apologies for typos or brevity.

It'll be a great help..

In Tata CDMA, once number is activated on OMH RUIM, data will work automatically and no one in back-end needed to activate it like in Reliance CDMA... So not needed for Tata Indicom, imho... But the only problem with TATA Indicom is getting OMH RUIM (especially for postpaid)

Very good initiative by rimweb....reliance users now have a great option for activating evdo...

But can this types offer will available for MTS also......???

Very cool initiative must say it is a pain in the wrong place to deal with CC

Hi amit Bhai,

I have a HTC Incredible .. (Imported)

Is it possible to activate EVDO services on this handset???

:previous: Please read the "Please Read This:" part in the first post.

I meant to ask whether Reliance has HTC Incredible parameters with their server ?

Can the following info be incorporated in bold letters/prominently in the First Post to avoid imported handset users make a bee-line here for EVDO? Thanks..

"Making EVDO work on imported handset requires programming the handset with necessary HSD PRL's, HSD username and password in addition to the handset parameters being registered in Reliance Servers. That is outside the scope of this initiative. You may contact your handset seller for necessary assistance."

:previous: Added, Thank you!

Why companies like Reliance/ Tata take consumers for granted. I ve bought a Motorola Milestone XT 800 and still struggling to get EVDO activated. While initiatives like this thread are brilliant, but should the scheme of things be routed like this at first place. I m not sure if in USA or Europe such lethargy is permitted on part of Telephony providers. I believe consumer activism need a boost in India...

Why companies like Reliance/ Tata take consumers for granted. I ve bought a Motorola Milestone XT 800 and still struggling to get EVDO activated. While initiatives like this thread are brilliant, but should the scheme of things be routed like this at first place. I m not sure if in USA or Europe such lethargy is permitted on part of Telephony providers. I believe consumer activism need a boost in India...

it took me 2/3 calls to reliance care and got evdo activated. they even called me from mumbai to tell me that evdo has been activated. Just keep trying their customer care and pray u get an representatove which understands what evdo is and do take the request number. generally they say that it will be activated in 5 working days but i got within 24 hrs.

Edited by nitink

Great initiative. I hope we start getting higher end handsets with OMH soon. The ideal (one can always hope) will be 100% OMH handsets.

Hey Amit

Thanks a ton. EVDO has been activated on my Samsung SCH239 today. Someone from Reliance CC called my alternate number, but I was not available then. By evening, I got one more call on my number saying that EVDO has been activated. Its been less than a week since I sent you mail as mentioned in posts above and its done. The speed is amazing I found out. The streaming of video/audio is astounding. Thanks again and +1 from me.

great work done by team rimweb... kudos Amitji !

I am buy new handset samsung s239.

My evdo start in single call in customer care within 18 hours.

Not faced any difficulty.

:previous:

you are very lucky my friend, you do not know the troubles that reliance cc is capable of

I had few queries & I would be grateful if someone answered it

1. Can I setup EVDO on my HTC EVO?

2. Also is it necessary to have a Post Paid connection to have EVDO on my EVO?

:previous: No, read the last part of the first topic. You have to wait for this service to resume.

EVDO activated in two days. Thanks.

Thanks.