Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance CDMA EVDO Activation Request Here For Aam Admi

Suppose we get the EVDO activated on our phone further down the line how can we select EVDO plans .Also I guess if we have L1 active on our phone the free 100 MB quota cannot be used for EVDO service RIGHT?

100MB can be used on both EV and 1x

Very good initiative in helping the members, Thank you

:previous: Please see the first post for the instructions.

@ RIMweb.in Members, Please confirm if you send the mail for EVDO Activation and it didnt start yet.

We shall send them again.

Member can highlight the failure of EVDO activation in the thread itself, as we have details of the MDN belonging to the member ID.

I have added an attachment in the first post with the plans available for NetConnect+ after activating EVDO.

previous.gif Thanks.. Much needed info for many confused users..

But aren't this also EVDO plans? http://www.rcom.co.i...rnet_phone.html

I remember 200MB Data Pack for Rs 250 in above plans was introduced after Hetal Patel's efforts & was mentioned as EVDO Plan somewhere.

Even though Reliance mentions these plans as "Phone Modem" plans, shouldn't they also work on the phone for browsing?

Please include the above plans also in First Post if they are EVDO..

100MB can be used on both EV and 1x

But the uid/pwd for L1 1x and EV are different right, L1 is proxy and EV is netconnect? How would it work?

I guess L1 is Rworld plan which is very costly.

If you tick use packet data option in Mobile Networks ( Wireless setting ) then all usage will be billed against Rworld plan. But for android phone, in my opininon, RCOM should provide Access Point Name settings for mobile internet usage. RCOm has listed similar settings for Windows mobile on its website.

Sir,

APN settings do not work. Required settings are :

Name of setting: ?

PPP number : ? ( I guess this would be #777)

Username : ? ( mobile number without zero may be)

Passwd : ? ( mobile number without zero)

Authentication type :? (None/PAP/CHAP/PAP or CHAP)

Proxy :?

Port :?

Data bearer :?

MCC:?

MNC:?

RCOM does not provide these settings. In absence of these settings usage will be billed against Rworld plan which is exensive. Even though Netconnect plan for mobile usage is activated, in absence of APN settings billing will be against Rworld plan.

i also want this for my phone

got it today in 2 days hats offfffffff ....grt work

Thanks a lot Amit. After months of waiting, I finally got EVDO on my Epic. Thanks a ton!!

Could any one please tell me about the tariff details when reliance evdo is used in mobile phone. 2. Can i use any pre-paid data pack which is available in the usb modem like 10 GB for Rs.1000, i i recharge that in my mobile number. PLEASE HELP.

No, Broadband + Recharges are not valid for CDMA Mobile, dont even try that. Your money will be wasted.

Please tell me about the TARIFF for using Net connect plus in Mobile/ mobile as modem.

:previous: Please see the attachment in the first post

thanks arun! i didn't notice that link..But it is sad that CDMA users are denied the flexibility of using their mobile as modem by using prepaid data packs. 3G users are able to use this. When will CDMA segment become more flexible! We are still left to use a phone and a data card separately to browse in CDMA!Keeping my fingers crossed for a better decision.

Thanks Amit for helping many of us out. but still few things are not clear on this topic. Can you shed some light.

1. After activation of EVDO do u need to subcribe to NETCONNECT+ only ?

2. Whether NUC is applicable on using the netconnect+ plan ?

3. When u tick packet data off on any android handset you cannot use network services, while it is ticked is the plan u have selected applicable ?

^^^^

1. Yes, you should opt for a EVDO NetConnect plan, or Pay as you go works, which is 60p/minute for Day and 30p/minute for Night.

2. NUC is not applicable on NetConnect.

3. You need to configure PPP according to NetConnect i.e. Username and Password as MDN.

^^^^

1. Yes, you should opt for a EVDO NetConnect plan, or Pay as you go works, which is 60p/minute for Day and 30p/minute for Night.

2. NUC is not applicable on NetConnect.

3. You need to configure PPP according to NetConnect i.e. Username and Password as MDN.

Thanks for the reply.

3. U mean new APN is to be created and Username and password as MDN and phone no as #777 ?

Can u suggest any data based plan since i intend to use my device as always connected. 60p/min will work out to be most expensive.

Yes.

For mobile internet default plan of zero rental is available for Samsung Galaxy POP i559.

50 paise/MB + 5 paise/10KB (as NUC) = Rs.5.50/MB

Isn't it incredible that RCOM is not offering any data based plan for mobile internet...! :Equivocado:

:previous:

Wow... Default data cost of 1MB of

MTNL_3G____= Rs0.85 (1p/12KB)

BSNL_3G____= Rs2.00 (2p/10KB)

Tata_Evdo__= Rs0.50 (1p/20KB)

Aircel_3G__= Rs3.00 (3p/10KB)

Docomo_3G__= Rs10.00(10p/10KB)

AirHELL_3G_= Rs15.00(30p/20KB)

RCdma_1x___= Rs5.50 (50p/MB + 5p/10KB_NUC)

RCom is wondering why MNP is killing their CDMA business... Our Hetal ji is giving good (for us as well as RCdma) solution... But RCom is too adamant/stupid to stop its ruin...

<< Please limit further replies with respect to the topic related to EVDO activation only, not for plan comparison >>

• Like 1

Thanks Amit Bhai, active evdo yesterday. It took 4 days. :GirandoOjos:

BR.

hiren

Edited by prihir

Our Pleasure! :signthankspin:

@RIMwebians - If anyone sent a request, and the member didnt get call from Mumbai regarding EVDO, Please resend the mail with stating the same. We shall send them again to team to get the EVDO activated.