Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pulkit Gupta

Does Signal Boosters work?

Hi all

for around 1 month I am facing network prob in my office on all of my no. reliance tata and vodafone. very few network only two baars that too fluctuating, call drops around 10-15 per day per no.. complained to cc but no luck. all of them saying no prob from there end. Is there any thing like signal booster that can help me. if yes any buying link? i have seen some on ebay. but does these really work???

need help guys. its urgent. this network issue is spoiling my work.

Didnt know where to post this. so posted it here. request mods to please move it to the right place if posted at a wrong one.

thanks

Pulkit

Friend, inquire whether any mobile jammer is using near to your office building. If any jammer is used, ask them to align the jammer antennas.

i dont think there is a jammer because there is no prob in network in rest of the building. its just in my office room where i m facing prob.

boosters work if it is installed by the service provider. i earlier had from Vodafone and it did improved the signal quality drastically. i am not aware if anything else will help or not.

you can install repeaters for real improvement. However repeater need to be programmed for following

1. Frequency Band

2. Channel

3. if you use OMNI directional YAGI outdoor antenna then no setting needed

4. If you use parabolic outdoor antenna then you need to focus it towards closest BTS

Repeaters are usually good for one home. Also its performance depends on quality of cable, connectors and other hardware used.

If you can change service provider do it else this set up may cost more than 10k

http://www.kavveritelecominfra.com/ktpl/index.php?q=node/16

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cellular+repeater&_sacat=See-All-Categories

:previous:

i have tried all network providers, same issue.

@csmart called cc and asked them about boosters. kept me on hold and then disconnected. this happened twice. will visit vodafone store.

any other option available???????

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

:previous: you need to complain cc and also put in writing. you need to follow up with them continuously. i prefer from service provider as you do not have to program and they maintain it.

charge - no idea.. i got it free from them.. they maintian do all stuff. one more thing, you need give them proof like you are high paying consumers. show all hte nos that you can with their avg bills. this will make an impact.

Also, if you install a booster the connection to the phone is the tricky part! For convenience and safety it was to be wireless, I will change vendors rather than use these boxes.

may be a better option would be to use one of the GSM based desktop phone/terminal with option for external antenna which are on offer in the buy/sell forum.

You can also us a bluetooth cellular gateway in your office.

Keep the phone in that part of the office where you get best signal strength.

The call are then routed to any RJ11 based corded handset or any cordless phone.

I am personally using it in my Delhi Okhla office.

Upto 3 phones can be connected to such gateway.

Available through xlink or siemens.

I got it through global-ebay.

Also the constant threat of exposure to radition because of high transmit power of handset in fringe area is also taken care of.

only problem is that I tend to miss the emails and sms if I am unable to hear the phone alert tones