Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
imshyam

Please suggest Android handset under Rs.10,000

hey guys !

need some help ! need to gift one android to my wife under 10k if there any of them please reply me !

Stereo fm needed + tough one !

Galaxy 551 is good deal but one shop keeper told me that it has some problem with that slider strip so company stopped its production ! some one please clear it !

btw i am new to lets buy ! how to get discounted price please temme !

Regrads

Shyam

:previous: even i m looking for phone for my wife..

Good choices for below Rs 10,000 Androids with respect to specs/VFM...

Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 Rs 8,990

Dell XCD 35 Rs 9,359

LG Optimus One Rs 8,999

Possibly HTC Wildfire Rs 8,900 if HTC sense only makes sense for you despite lower screen resolution, slower processor.

• Like 1

u can buy following phones from letsbuy after using icicilb coupon code:-

1) Samsung Galaxy Fit (Black or White)... for Rs. 9,449. - Very Nice Phone.

2) Motorola Zeppelin Lite XT5 is available for Rs. 9,899. Link here

3) Motorola Quench XT3 is available for Rs. 9,899. Link here

Edited by amit.shah

Amit, those Motorola phones are on Android 2.1 and Motorola has confirmed they will remain on it.. No further updates.. https://supportforum...oftwareupgrades

And Samsung Galaxy Fit has lower specs than all 3, Galaxy Pro B7510, Dell XCD 35 & LG Optimus One! Is there some underlying logic/rational in choosing it above any of this 3?

^^^^^

Saw Motorola XT5 on android 2.2 at a store in Mall @ Kandivali. Have used LG O1 n IMHO Samsung is better phone.. Can't comment on Dell as haven't tried it personally.. Moreover Galaxy Pro has 2.8 inch screen n 3 MP Camera whereas all this phones have 3.2 inch screen. Moreover, Fit n XT5 have 5 MP Camera..

Edited by amit.shah

Why both of them are vying for cheap phones as a gift to the better half? This is not fair :Contento:

Got Spice Mi-310 for a friend of mine for Rs. 7399 from flipkart. He is quite happy with it. I find it has a better display (higher resolution), build quality and is also more responsive than Samsung Galaxy POP GSM version. The only thing he does not like about it is that its speaker phone is not that loud. The closest you will get to that specification is the HTC Wildfire-S which is much more expensive.

hey guys !

need some help ! need to gift one android to my wife under 10k if there any of them please reply me !

Stereo fm needed + tough one !

Galaxy 551 is good deal but one shop keeper told me that it has some problem with that slider strip so company stopped its production ! some one please clear it !

btw i am new to lets buy ! how to get discounted price please temme !

Regrads

Shyam

Edited by anandjm

:previous: Why is it not fair? Unless someone makes use of the things a more expensive phone offers, its a total waste.

@Imshyam, beware of the Optimus One as it has a serious dust issue. The Samsungs hardly seem interesting. If camera is not imp. then the XCD35 is your best bet.

:previous: Why is it not fair? Unless someone makes use of the things a more expensive phone offers, its a total waste.

@Imshyam, beware of the Optimus One as it has a serious dust issue. The Samsungs hardly seem interesting. If camera is not imp. then the XCD35 is your best bet.

@ racoon dude wht kind of dust problem ?

@ rajan need to buy optimus please suggest me good offer

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

previous.gif Dude the dust problem of the Optimus One has been discussed in dozens of online forums (check on XDA, Techenclave, etc). In short, the phone is prone to accumulating dust under the screen. Initially, it will be visible only in sunlight. Reports that the issue has been addressed by LG seem to be false, as people even with February 2011 handsets are reporting the problem. Service centers are capable of making the problem worse (they did in my case, long story, but I got a full refund). Its the best phone in its price range, but ruined by the dust problem and pathetic headphones. The dust issue is capable of ruining everything else. Edited by raccoon

@ rajan need to buy optimus please suggest me good offer

Lowest price online for LG Optimus One P500 seems to be Rs 8,999 on Letsbuy. It is listed there for Rs 9,999 in this link http://www.letsbuy.c...ne-p500-p-12977

After clicking buy now, while you are in cart, enter any one of this coupon code to get Rs 1,000 discount & final price of Rs 8,999.. rcomlb1 OR icicilb

There is a Cash on Delivery option too which should work even after availing discount codes.

previous.gif Dude the dust problem of the Optimus One has been discussed in dozens of online forums (check on XDA, Techenclave, etc). In short, the phone is prone to accumulating dust under the screen. Initially, it will be visible only in sunlight. Reports that the issue has been addressed by LG seem to be false, as people even with February 2011 handsets are reporting the problem. Service centers are capable of making the problem worse (they did in my case, long story, but I got a full refund). Its the best phone in its price range, but ruined by the dust problem and pathetic headphones. The dust issue is capable of ruining everything else.

M lil bit confused in between lg optimus and dell xcd 35 400 cash diffrance but more headache

Guys please give star rating for both and explain why ?

That may be good help for all

Dude go right for the XCD35 but only if cam is not important for you. XCD35's cam is pathetic. But everything else is fine as per users. The screen is by far the best not in but beyond its class. Star ratings and all wont help you when all the stars will soon be coated with a very pretty layer of dust, lol!

Further Dell seems to have a policy of replacing rather than repairing handsets, should there be a issue with your handset (yes, even LG did that for me, but they don't normally replace so easily). Thats a big plus.

Edited by raccoon

M lil bit confused in between lg optimus and dell xcd 35 400 cash diffrance but more headache

Guys please give star rating for both and explain why ?

That may be good help for all

Hardware:

XCD 35 has better screen resolution: 800x480 v/s 320x480, bigger screen size: 8.9 cm (3.5 Inch) v/s 8.1 cm (3.2 Inch), lower battery: 1250mAh v/s 1500mAh, better user available memory: 200 MB v/s 170 MB, lower capacity SD Card support: 16GB v/s 32 GB, camera spec wise similar in both but may be better in LG. Rest all hardware more or less similar in both.

Software:

Both on Android 2.2 with Optimus one supposed to get Gingerbread, not confirmed for XCD 35.

XCD 35 is more of a pure google android with less customization, Optimus one has more customised version of android. (added with it's bloatwares..)

Both has good choice of custom roms.

Warranty:

Dell is supposed to have better warranty credentials in India. Heard that it replaces rather than repairing.

Conclusion:

Buy Dell XCD 35 for Rs 400 more without any hesitation. Worth it.

• Like 1

It might be prudent to delay your purchase decision a bit. Recent days has seen lot of price cuts. Its likely that the prices of these phones could fall too.

Better buy a basic phone for voice calls and a tablet PC for android applications.It looks clumsy when someone speaks through a big phone pressed to the ear.Small is beautiful for voice calls.

Guys thanx for all u r support !

Finally the dell xcd35 confirmed

Dell xcd35 is the best choice over all android phones in this price range available in india with great warranty by dell india ( replacement warranty confirmed by dell support )

Thank you all

Good choice! Especially if the Optimus One really does have dust issues. Better support from Dell is also a plus. Overall LG has a better reputation in the phone market, and Dell has a very limited market but they are positioning their products well.

you can buy LG Optimus GT540 Android mobile phones at just6399/- from 22bestdeals after using 22RETA250OFF coupon code:-

Link Here.

guys suggestions needed with a little bit of changed specs as i need a querty keypad primarily with screen and cam being of little imp...secondly its battery backup shud be gud .....plus andriod cud be a gud addon as i will be chking it first time...so guys plz shoot ur brains so tht i can burst my myths abt gud and bad phones.......

regards

If you are talking about an android below Rs 10,000 with physical QWERT keyboard, this are the choices..

Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 >> http://www.flipkart....ef-e7c65a542de2

Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510 >> http://www.flipkart....ef-e7c65a542de2

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

thanks a lot rajan bhai....will go for samsung galaxy pro....slider is out of question as of now....will buy the phone in comin or so week...

regards

^^^^

Thats a good phone and only issues are the lack of multi-touch and qvga (320x240 only, but @ smooth 30fps) video recording.. Since its going to be your first android, you may not miss them, i hope...