Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nitink

Apple Declares War – Slashes iPhone 3GS Price By Rs.15,000

Apple is taking Android devices head-on and has now brought down the iPhone 3G S price to Rs. 19,990/ competing directly with several Android devices in that range.

In India, iPhone 3G S was launched in March of 2010 and the price of iPhone 3G S in India was Rs 35,500 (16GB) and Apple has now slashed the price by 15K [via, a tweet from mahesh Telecom].

As per Apple, iPhone 3G S will support iOS5 (beta 2, though not all features will be supported).

So where does that leave Nexus S and several other HTC/Samsung based Android devices? fyi: [Nexus S price in India is also, 19,900/].

Obsolete piece of junk and India is no dumping ground.

• Like 1

^

I agree with Karthik's view. Can Apple bring down price of iPhone 4 to wage a real war vis-à-vis myriad very high-end android handsets being launched quite frequently?

It will obliterate many androids at that price, do not underestimate the brand pull of Apple even if it is an obsolete version. Brilliant move by Apple and worrying for the smaller android manufacturers I think.

Even with so many androids, every new phone is termed the iphone killer, every new tablet the ipad killer, and yet the iphone and ipad continue to rule the roost.

Yeah. These days blackberry bling factor is over.

But apple iphone is apple iphone.

90% of people don't even care about what hardware is inside.

Most people wants either the latest most expensive nokia handset or an Apple iPhone. (gadget geeks are exceptions but they are very very few in numbers).

Thats the reason why resell value of an iphone is so good compared to any other phone in the market.

For example in india most people think..

Iphone>htc>samsung

No matter whatever smartphone one may buy. But imo 75-80% people use them for for calls, sms, music/fm player amd facebook ( youngsters).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by abhi.r

There-can-be-only-one.jpg

Baby-Android-Yummy-Apple.jpg

• Like 2

Life was much simpler when apple and blackberry were fruits only ... :grin:

Had read somewhere iphone is the smartphone for dumb people. It was meant to be a snipe at Apple, but it actually shows why Apple is so successful. Most people are not tech savvy, they prefer Apple. Android is maturing but nowhere near the user friendliness of ios.

I may be dumb. But I love iOS. I am waiting for the iPhone 5. I am using Dell Streak ( Android 2.2) and I am not impressed with it.

Apple is a closed system - accept it or leave it. But it is awesome. And for the people who really wants to play with iOS can surely jailbreak it.

By the way take it this way - iphone 3gs = iPod touch plus phone. If you can buy an iTouch for 15k then it is surely not a bad deal.

Oh.. Oh... Come on friends...

20k is still very very expensive to an almost outdated phone with just 8GB storage and NO WAY TO INCREASE it.. I am using TWO 16GB MicroSD cards in my EPIC and still I can expand whenever I wish to... And further I always carry spare battery with me, but that wont be possible with that i thingy...

If they are NOW selling iPhone-4___16GB for 20k INR, then I can agree to some extend the "APPLE DECLARES A PRICE WAR".... Else the fact remains a fact "iDevices are too costly and NOT worth the price, imho"...

Please DO NOT compare the prices with operators' RIDICULOUS_DAY_LIGHT_ROBBERY_PRICES.... If you compare them, everything will be cheaper...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldnt agree with you more. This is just dumping of their old stocks!!!!!

Oh.. Oh... Come on friends...

20k is still very very expensive to an almost outdated phone with just 8GB storage and NO WAY TO INCREASE it.. I am using TWO 16GB MicroSD cards in my EPIC and still I can expand whenever I wish to...

Do you often swap sd cards or is there a secret slot for second sd card?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^

What is the harm in swapping, when hot-swapping is allowed? In fact hot-swapping is meant for that only. If we are not swapping any card on the go, then we are not using a particular facility of the gadget itself :SI:

Burpppp!!! Junkkkkk!!!

20K for this Stupid Device ohhh my god save India! in 3GS Battery lives only for 7 hours to 8 hours

• Like 1

I am not very inclined to this news... Dumping these phones is the only thing... One can also expect a newer avatar of the iPhone series in the coming 1-2 months max...

its sad to see that these companies still believe us as second world, dumping their crap to us and calling it slashed price now or never.crap.

Would have believed if they would have given iphone4 like this but 3g now way.

apple iphone has the best hardware.... :winko:

ONLy iPhone has the capability to be in news and create ripple in forum more than 2 years after it's launch, holding attention from really reputed gurus. Although not for it but still they compare it with latest launch of android device EPIC.

Spare battery and SD are only attractions and a way to convince yourself, no one using ip4 or 3GS will miss them and battery life is almost same as any other device and no way comes in way of making it most desirable device.

Are we any time talking about HTC Hero with same era - no one is interested but iPhone yes any time on news.....

My friends burping are only missing it, and even they love it, it's like "I love you so much it HURTS"

sexy-5365.jpg

• Like 1

iphone+ipod+ipad+iMac = iBankrupt

• Like 3

apple iphone has the best hardware.... :winko:

Strategic provocation meant for Hetal Patel to either, GirandoOjos.giftongue.gif

1. Deliver HTC Evo 3D quickly,

2. Put out more unknown Android/Google strength v/s iOS/Apple

ONLy iPhone has the capability to be in news and create ripple in forum more than 2 years after it's launch, holding attention from really reputed gurus. Although not for it but still they compare it with latest launch of android device EPIC.

Are we any time talking about HTC Hero with same era - no one is interested but iPhone yes any time on news.....

People do enjoy talking about pre historic extinct species!! giggle.gif

Ain't we all enjoyed Dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park" 160 Million years after they were first sighted? haha.gif

Diplodocus-Dinosaur-Picture-In-Water.jpg

• Like 1

Guys!

Even after so much criticism, I am looking to buy this for my wife!

She is confused between BB bold 3(for BBM) and this! I believe BB will be too boring for her.

Can someone suggest me where can I get a good deal on 3 GS online??

Its not available on letsbuy or buytheprice.

Leaders are always criticized. Apple iPhone is single product, single supplier and single UI - still sell so much. I also believe that I am never going to buy apple product in its current format of OS and hardware. Still I cant just criticize it.

Android attracts people like us without any doubt but we must not forget the fact that apple set stone rolling for modern smart phone. Else symbian and WM were smartly bumb phones. Palm OS was smart once upon a time but as slave of computer.

Apple bought first device - in smart phone category which could stand alone without computer. Android followed very soon.

Android has bigger presence but there are sooo many devices and manufacturers. Imagine android share if it was manufactured / sold only by google.

• Like 1

i think its good that apple is cutting prices even if its on outdated but certainly not obsolete devices.

[ i would never buy ANY phone at rs. 19 k since my budget is below rs 9-10 k for a QWERTY with 3+mp cam & flash with dual SIM / quad band. ]

this cut will allow double the number of people who buy and experience an iphone.

i hope its successful since it might prompt the arrogant marketers [at apple] to further slash prices again...

they are able to create ripples as they made it rare commodity. I mean, they are way too expensive, do not get easily when launched, they are marketing genius, require microSIM that was never heard off etc. and creates curiosity for others.

I agree with Dhiraj about their quality but nothing more than that. reducing the price of the product that is already obsolete in other parts of world, makes no sense.

Not too happy with a proprietary platform from a source notorious for keeping their systems locked up.