Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Pulkit Gupta

Need Suggestions For GSM Android Phones

hi

i want your suggestions for buying android phones. i need two phones one to gift and another for me.

1. i need a android with in 10k.

i have read other posts and i think dell xcd35 is the best. any other ph better than xcd35 with in my budget???? and any review of this dell xcd35.

other options that i have in my mind are Samsung galaxy fit, galaxy pop..

2.i need a android ph with a budget around 15k.

i was looking forward for motorola defy. i had read a lot of good reviews about this ph and its specs are also good. its available for 14k+ at letsbuy after using discount coupon.but today one of the local retailer told me that motorola is going to shut down. and after sale service is very bad.

another option i am keeping is lg optimus black p970 available at letsbuy for 18789/- after discount coupon. its better than defy in specs. and it also have nova display. i hv a bad kind of experience with lg but it was quite some time back. if its quality is good i can spend that much.

even these ph are also there in almost same price range and almost same specs

Samsung Galaxy S GT Black I9003,Samsung Google Nexus S

which one do you guys suggest any other ph with my price range. as u guys always help me plz do it this time also....

thanks

Pulkit

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

motorola defy is an awesome phone and now u r getting Jabra Bluetooth Headset as well from letsbuy along with the phone. moto is making very good phones coupled with competitive pricing, its a steal. I dont think u will get a better phone than defy at that price.

Agree there is a bad publicity for moto in the indian market but the handsets r sturdy and worth spending money on.

I think even the Samsung Galaxy Pro with full blackberry type keyboard + Touchscreen and 2.2 Android at 7.7K only is a very good choice at letsbuy, with free jabra bt headset

:previous:

i agree its a gud choice but to whoom i want to gift it will definitely not like its looks.......

Pulkit last time on 11th May 2011 also you asked for suggestion on GSM Android for you with budget around 20k in this topic http://www.rimweb.in...ndroid-handset/

Now also you are mentioning budget around 15k but looking at 19-20k handsets..

Kya hua? Didn't buy any handset then? Sabko fogat ki mehnat karvate ho ki kuchh lete bhi ho? Decepcionado.gif

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

^^ Rajan this one is for you,

• Like 1

Are nhi rajan Ji that time I bought I phone4 but now I feel android is better for me so now want to come back on android. So again aapse mehnat karwa rha Hun. And this time budget to 15k ka hi hai par agr 2-3k extra spend Kark koi kafi better phone mil Jata hai to I can spend

what's wrong with the looks of pro?

Samsung-Galaxy-Pro.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Pro specifications:

Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 900 / 2100

Dimensions: 108.6 x 66.7 x 10.7 mm, Weight: 103.4 g

Screen: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors, 320 x 240 pixels, 2.8 inches, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048 x 1536 pixels

Memory: 512 MB, microSD card slot up to 32GB

Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0

CPU: 800 MHz, Operating System: Android v2.2 (Froyo)

Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS

Browser: HTML, Radio: FM radio with RDS, GPS: A-GPS Support

Other features: SNS integration, Digital compass, Player DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.264, MP3/WAV/eAAC + Player, Organizer, Image / video editor, ThinkFree document viewer / editor, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube , Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration, Adobe Flash 10.1 support, Voice memo / dial, Predictive text input, 3.5 mm audio jack

Battery: Li-Ion 1350 mAh

At 7.7K, its a steal with Jabra BT headset free

Edited by dkaile

previous.gif Haven't seen it in person, but I too think it does not look so good at least in the pics. But at that price I think it worth considering. But why are they forcing BT headsets on customers? They should remove it and reduce the price further. Then it will look really attractive. Ditto with the Defy. It seems they want to keep the price barrier up.

HTC Desire for 16500 at flipkart.com

2.i need a android ph with a budget around 15k.

i was looking forward for motorola defy. i had read a lot of good reviews about this ph and its specs are also good. its available for 14k+ at letsbuy after using discount coupon.but today one of the local retailer told me that motorola is going to shut down. and after sale service is very bad.

another option i am keeping is lg optimus black p970 available at letsbuy for 18789/- after discount coupon. its better than defy in specs. and it also have nova display. i hv a bad kind of experience with lg but it was quite some time back. if its quality is good i can spend that much.

even these ph are also there in almost same price range and almost same specs

Samsung Galaxy S GT Black I9003,Samsung Google Nexus S

which one do you guys suggest any other ph with my price range. as u guys always help me plz do it this time also....

thanks

Pulkit

My friend has purchased Samsung Galaxy Pro B7514 2 Days back.. Its very slim, Speedy, Overall excellent mobile

even my friend brought this couple of weeks back for approx 10k, and he seems to be very happy with his purchase.Depends on what kind of phone you are looking at, full touch, qwerty keypad or dual touch with keypad.

@anandjm thanks buddy there at flipkart i found this -desire is available for 15499/- at saholic.com.... i think this will be best option in my budget.

@dheeraj ji- got this when asked about galaxy pro.. kya dabbe jaisa ph hai..... so no

for fit and pop- both are like corby yeh bhi cancel

dell xcd almost final.

Dell xcd with 256 MB ROM will will surely be sluggish. Samsung processors are better than Qualcomm. See HTC hero and compare speed with other 600 to 800 MHz cpu samsung phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Actually this or Nexus One was available somewhere else for 13999. But could not remember the website.

thanks buddy there at flipkart i found this -desire is available for 15499/- at saholic.com.... i think this will be best option in my budget.

Edited by anandjm

About the Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 - does anybody know if this is going to get Gingerbread? Further, any disadvantages regarding apps. or anything else due to the uncommon screen resolution? Any disadvantages with offline GPS apps?

A friend is interested in buying, but does not have answers tot the above. Any comments, anybody?. :)

Edited by raccoon

want to finalise one from these

1. dell xcd35 --- 9399/-(after rcomlb1)

2. LG optimus one ---- 8999/-(after rcomlb1)

:confuse::help:

go for lg

I haven't seen the Dell screen, but the Optimus screen is quite good. Also, there is a large active community on the web that is fiddling around with the Optimus ROMs, and that may be useful if you are interested in experimenting with new ROMS.

:previous: Dude as mentioned before, O1 screen is nowhere near the XCD35. It beats every phone in its class and a bit beyond hands down. XCD35 is supposed to have comparable dev support.

Pulkit, its fairly simple - want better cam go for O1 (comparatively). Want way better screen go for the Dell. Want higher capacity battery, go with O1. Want dust to spoil the whole experience, go straight for O1. :Riendo:

Two more issues - O1 is supposed to have a touch bug and issues esp. with slower SD cards (valid only if you want to upgrade the included 2 GB card)

Rest all is kinda similar.

Edited by raccoon

Hi, Is Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 a good option to buy keeping in mind the budget constraint of 6-6.5K (available at letsbuy after rcomlb1)

One of my associate lost his handset and was going to buy Samsung star 2 duos for 6K from market, but I asked him to go for android.

I couldn't see any better option than i5801, I personally don't like Spice Mobiles. Any other options for 6K price?

Thanks Rajan ji, I had considered this also, but Optimus has lower screen size and resolution compared to Galaxy3.

Froyo, yes LG has the plus point. There should be any Froyo update for Galaxy S also, let me check on XDA.

Samsung Galaxy ace is a good one bought for 14150/- in mumbai yesterday.

Also the Htc Desire under 16k is a steal!

Cheers!

:previous: Hes looking at the below 10k range. Besides, the Ace is currently overpriced. Desire and Defy are more desirable and "VFM" in the 15k range. :)