Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vvinayakpai

Help Wanted To Buy A New Netbook

Dear friends,

I am planning to buy a netbook (10.1inch screen Notebook if you can call it one).

I was really dissapointed to find that Dell does not offer a netbook and it offerss only laptops starting from a ragne of 28k.

I happened to see a HP MINI series Netbook with 1.6GhZ processor, 2GB RAM, 320GB hard disk and above all with Intel Dual COre Processor. ALl this for a price of Rs. 19,yyy.

My usage is only official. Not too much into gaming, graphics etc. Could anyone help me in making an informed choice???????

I prefer a netbook to a laptop is because it is more compact, and moreover perfectly fits my budget. ANy other disadvantages for a netbook?????

Also I heard from many people that HP Laptops and Netbooks have the problem of excess heating. Is that true????????? ANy other suggestions for me????

Thanks in advance

Edited by vvinayakpai

Dear friends,

I prefer a netbook to a laptop is because it is more compatible, and moreover perfectly fits my bufget.

How is a netbook more compatible than laptop? Did not get that one!! And what is your budget exactly for buying Netbook/Laptop?

and above all with Intel Dual COre Processor.

It would be a Intel Atom Dual core processor. This can cause a degraded experience when doing more intensive tasks like multitasking, watching movies or playing games.

Also make sure to play with a netbook before buying it, to see if you are comfortable with the constricted keyboard and smaller screen size.

:)

Dear friends,

I prefer a netbook to a laptop is because it is more compatible, and moreover perfectly fits my bufget.

How is a netbook more compatible than laptop? Did not get that one!! And what is your budget exactly for buying Netbook/Laptop?

I am sorry I meant "compact".

My budget is 25k.

Edited by vvinayakpai

I was really dissapointed to find that Dell does not offer a netbook and it offerss only laptops starting from a ragne of 28k.

No need to be disappointed, my friend if you are looking for Dell netbook only. Dell do offers netbooks in the series Inspiron Mini with 10" screen and Atom processor. Search it in ebay/letsbuy.

Alternatively look out for Dell Inspiron M101z (better than a netbook but slower than a full fledged notebook) from local dealers. The online price is bit expensive. Got a single core AMD Neo processor, with 2 GB RAM and 320GB HD and windows 7 home edition for 22000 from my local dealer.

Found netbooks (my testbed for some of my projects) slightly less convenient compared to the Dell Inspiron M101z.

Anand

Edited by anandjm

For most netbooks out there, the main hardware is not going to vary much. Most have the same Atom CPU (unless they are older versions), 2GB RAM limit and the same display. When I was buying one, I looked around and ended up buying an Asus Seashell netbook, mostly because of its looks. The newer Samsungs also look good. It is going to be mainly a looks based decision rather than a performance based decision when it comes to 10.2 inch netbooks. There are a few around that have better screen resolutions, but they are harder to find. Having used netbooks for a while now, if I was going to buy a new one, I would look for a 12 inch screen with higher resolution than a typical netbook.

The whole experience of looking out for a netbook was really a difficult one. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. In fact it was a learning experience. I was never aware that netbooks do not come with DVD drives and I would have to seperately buy an external one :(

ANd moreover the price difference between the netbook and the notebook is very marginal. So i decided to gor a notebook itself.

I have zeroed in on a Toshiba C660-4010 model which falls into the SATELITE Series whose specifications are as follows:

1) Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor, 2.2 Ghz

2) 4GB RAM

3) 320 GB Hard Disk

4) DVD Drive with writer

5) WiFi

6) Blue Tooth 2.0

7) Camera

8) 14 inch screen

9) Windows 7 Basic Operating SYstem

The total Price inclusive of all taxes and levies is Rs. 26,500/-

Any suggestions/ advice on this one? Any alternates in the same price range? Also, how is the reliability of Toshiba Models? Is this processor better and more efficient than the Atom Processor currently used in netbooks?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Edited by vvinayakpai

vinayak ji,

if you dont want windows with the system then acer 4738 is the best option with latest i3 processor.

here are specification

core i3 processor

2 gb DDR3 RAM

500 gb HDD

14 inch

bluetooth

wifi

dvd

scratch proof back

free back pack+mouse+headphone

comes with Linpus (linus) OS

all this for just 23500 from nehru place

check it at your place

Now we're talking :Chulo:

@vvinayakpai

Based on your normal usage requirement, you don't need a very powerful laptop.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C Series C660-P5012 only at Rs 18,380 from here http://www.flipkart....tmczbhwzkdgggkz

There is a free Mcafee 12 Month AntiVirus Subscription.

It is the best full fledged economy laptop at most amazing price from a brand like Toshiba and the best Online seller like Flipkart.

It has everything you need. Period. No need to spend anything extra.

Same model is used by many of our forum members. Please go through last few pages of Laptop Buying Advice Topic here http://www.rimweb.in...-buying-advice/

Truly the experience of buying a notebook or rather I would say searching for a Nortebook has been a real pain in the neck. The options are aplenty and the choice is that much confusing.

Based on Suggestions I have decided finally on the following model of Toshiba

C-640 I4010

Specifications:

1) Intel Pentium i3 processor

2) 4GB RAM

3) 500 GB Hard Disk

4) DVD Drive with writer

5) WiFi

6) Blue Tooth 3.0

7) Camera

8) 14 inch screen

Without Operating System

This comes at the price of Rs. 26,500/- inclusive of taxes.

@amitsonu- The main reason I am not opting for Acer is because on this very forum itself and also from my friends who have been using Acer I have heard about the battery going down very soon just after a year or two of normal usage. But thanks for the suggestion.

^^^^^^^^^^

Never heard of this brand MSI before. Is it a good one????

MSI, just like ASUS leading mother board manufacturer.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@vinayak

me using toshiba laptop with AMD processor..may be u can save few more if u dont have preference for Intel ..

see post 1 of

Edited by ravi_patent

AMD makes excellent product but now they are not as great value for money though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^^^

msi is a quarter century old MNC involved in designing and making Mainboard, Graphics card, Notebook, Netbook, Tablet PC, Consumer electronics, Communication among other things. A good brand.

Rajan ji's suggestion is good, you are getting better processor at a little more price.