Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

EVDO Reactivation / Shifting To New Device

Hetal Bhai My Question is How does teh new buyer go about re activating EVDO. same Tedious process ?

For Following VERIZON Phones FACTORY RESET will WIPE EVDO UID and Password and other Important Reliance Programming

1. Verizone FASCINATE - DONT Factory Reset or WIPE using Recovery - LOAD Full Latest Official ODIN file
  2. Verizone Incrediible / Verizon Incredible 2 - Use Latest RUU to Flash it

• Like 3

@neerajayshree you can call CC on 198 or *222 and put a request for activating EVDO.

+1 for Hetal ji,

That is a good info for all, as there will be more epics/fascinate coming for sale in coming 2 months.

Thanks to Amit ji also who told me to perform these steps before selling my Epic.

Thanks for the info, Hetal bhai.

@Arun: I would suggest making this a sticky. Very important info. :)

Hetal Bhai My Question is How does teh new buyer go about re activating EVDO. same Tedious process ?

Head to Amit Jains post for Reactivation / The Handset must be EVDO enabled though !

@neerajayshree you can call CC on 198 or *222 and put a request for activating EVDO.

Reliance CC is a joke. :angry:

Anything regarding EVDO.. they will ask you to visit Web world.

If you insist... they will ask you your handset model.. if you say Samsung galaxy S i500 .. they will say its a RUIM handset so contact web world.

If you say it's Imported Incredible/evo/epic .. they will say its not in their data base so they cant give any info regarding it. Please visit Web world.

I spent more than 120 minutes talking to different people and even supervisors in CC yesterday. :cursing:

Once a nice lady was taking my request .. asked my name, address, number, rsn number, nearest landmark.. etc.. etc... but the call got disconnected in mid of conversation :arghhhh::death:

Reliance CC is :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Good luck talking to CC.

They will just make you mad :ranting:

Thanks for the info hetal bhai.

But I have a question..

HSD Username is: MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in

Pswd: 8 digit number.

The same userID and pswd will be used by the buyer for accessing EVDO on his number? (ofc he has to get EVDO activated on his number)

PPP UserID/PSWD (MDN) should be changed to buyer's number for 1X data.

As EVDO is already activated on seller's mobile number from backend..

The seller has to only get new HSD Username/pswd from reliance for his new handset? (new_handset_MEID)@hrpd.rcom.co.in??

@Hetalbhai..

Timely Info.. Great.. Thanks..

@Abhi.r

Brother, Let Reliance have as many JOKERS as they like..

No worries till we have KING of the Pack Hetal Patel on our side..

• Like 2

^

I presume (please note this, not 100% sure) that once evdo is activated on new handset, only changing PPP UN and PW to the new MDN should also get the evdo up and running on the old handset for the new buyer. Hetal to confirm this...

@Hetalbhai..

Timely Info.. Great.. Thanks..

@Abhi.r

Brother, Let Reliance have as many JOKERS as they like..

No worries till we have KING of the Pack Hetal Patel on our side..

Rimweb is the main reason Im still with reliance. :)

Else would have shifted to another service provider few yrs ago when I changed my number.

You mean HSD Username/pswd is related to MDN and has nothing to do with specific handset?

HSD username/pswd im currently using in Handset 'A' can be used in another handset 'B' if my MDN is transferred on the other handset 'B'?

based on my experiance, am sharing this

apart from the configuration of the handset, the following steps are followed by Reliance.

i) MDN is to be mapped to the registered MEID - Automated system does this when no. is transferred to MEID registered handset.

ii) Activation of EVDO on the MDN - If EVDO is not activated on the MDN, eventhough the handset is configured with HDR UN & Password, EVDO will not work. The Request has to be done for actiavation of EVDO with Reliance Customer Care / Reliance World / Reliance Mobile Store. A12Auth Flag checked by the backend.

iii) After this, EVDO starts working, but in case of Handset Change, the process is a bit complex. new HDR UN & Password needs to be mapped manually with the MDN, for this reactivation needs to be done, because when the MDN got transferred to the new handset, everything except mapping of new HDR UN & Password is done by automated process. so , even after transferring the MDN to new device, OLD HDR UN & Password is mapped to the MDN & EVDO will not work on the new device with OLD MDN.

Similarly, if the OLD device is sold to someone, EVDO will not work, evenafter A12Auth is there on the buyers' MDN, because OLD HDR U/N & Password will still mapped with your MDN.

this is purely as per my experiance, as i have gone through all this complex processes for the activation of EVDO on my incredible, because earlier the EVDO was authorized on My OMH RUIM..

Gurus please correct me, if am wrong..

• Like 2

Similarly, if the OLD device is sold to someone, EVDO will not work, evenafter A12Auth is there on the buyers' MDN, because OLD HDR U/N & Password will still mapped with your MDN.

YEs Hetal thanks for getting this topic - it was required, every one please double check for EVDO in your set and wipe UID/PWD carefully

One of my good friend is using EVOD in a transferred set since last 5-6 months and best part is as per my knowledge no bill has been generated, the MDN has been shifted to new no with working EVDO so now there are 2 set with EVDO one with MDN and one without. he is blessed by Dhiru bhai himself with this set. Aalok so you can not be sure now.

^ thanks for the clarification doc.. :) as i wrote, it was based on my personal experiance..

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...

Reliance CC is a joke. :angry:

Anything regarding EVDO.. they will ask you to visit Web world.

If you insist... they will ask you your handset model.. if you say Samsung galaxy S i500 .. they will say its a RUIM handset so contact web world.

If you say it's Imported Incredible/evo/epic .. they will say its not in their data base so they cant give any info regarding it. Please visit Web world.

I spent more than 120 minutes talking to different people and even supervisors in CC yesterday. :cursing:

Once a nice lady was taking my request .. asked my name, address, number, rsn number, nearest landmark.. etc.. etc... but the call got disconnected in mid of conversation :arghhhh::death:

Reliance CC is :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Good luck talking to CC.

They will just make you mad :ranting:

Bhaag bhaag bhaag DK Bose DK Bose - Reliance CC ... LOL

Edited by ananth001

@ Hetal - Great Info to all Members.

• The User must Wipe MDN / MDN (NVItem - 906-910) (PPP UserID/ Pwd) Pairs before he sell device
  • BE SURE THAT EVDO is not WORKING ON OLD Device before shipping to new Buyer of that device

How do you do that? Is it a CDMA workshop or adb job. Can a guru please advise and give some more instructions.

^^^

Can it be done using Bank NV Dump file?

It will set all the parameters to Null. (i tried that when 1X was not working on my epic).

Loaded a Blank dump file, then uploaded another dump with ppp username/pswd and hsd username/pswd.

^^^

Can it be done using Bank NV Dump file?

It will set all the parameters to Null. (i tried that when 1X was not working on my epic).

Loaded a Blank dump file, then uploaded another dump with ppp username/pswd and hsd username/pswd.

Major thing is when u pass on handset just get evdo activated on ur new handset

And it should work

Comming with Blank / Dummy NV data so you can do but BUT MOST IMPORTANT is YOU MUST ACTIVATE your EVDO in new handset BEFORE you sell your device

aah, nice info guys :)

i dont plan to sell my milestone so soon :D

aah, nice info guys :)

i dont plan to sell my milestone so soon :D

This is for NON-SIM based handsets only ...

Comming with Blank / Dummy NV data so you can do but BUT MOST IMPORTANT is YOU MUST ACTIVATE your EVDO in new handset BEFORE you sell your device

Oh activating evdo on another handset for first time unbinds mdn with old hsd username/password and binds it to new hsd username/password?

This is the reason officially reliance wants to confine evdo to ruim card handsets only? To avoid such mistakes by the masses?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Obviously these things can be done using CDMA workshop or something like that.

My question is - What are the codes for putting the phone(s) into the Modem mode. I understand that these may be:

##8778# for Epic 4G. Then select USB Modem

##3424 <call> for Incredible then quickly select PC to Phone mode.

Please confirm. Also, codes for other phones. We are not all Guru's like you guys!