Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

EVDO Reactivation / Shifting To New Device

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this query but i too was trying to get my phone under diag mode. As Dr Sanjay Gupta had mentioned I too tried keying in ##3424# and I did get the HTC FUNCTION TEST (Incredible#C) 1.01g screen but when I connect to pc through USB i do not get the phone listed under the PORTS under DEVICE MANAGER. Gurus please enlighten me as I am desperately trying to get EVDO working on my phone.

Also I did not quite understand the part ##3424 <call> for Incredible then quickly select PC to Phone mode.

:previous: Sorry for the bump but gurus need some help here! :unsurehelp:

Hi All,

I am selling a Verizon Fascinate and never used EVDO (not activated on my number) on it though the previous owner did. Now if i do a factory reset will it wipe out my number and other reliance programming on the device. What other things I need to do (as I never used EVDO) before handing it over to a buyer? Please help

So for RUIM based handsets, do we still need to follow the advice, or can we safely ignore this?

So for RUIM based handsets, do we still need to follow the advice, or can we safely ignore this?

For ruim based handsets, You just need to reset the phone so that it clears APN with your user name and password.

And what if someone lost his handset ?

And what if someone lost his handset !!!!!!!!!!!

In case it is lost and it is non-sim based phone, You have to contact customer care and they would make a lost RSN case and will damage the RSN after which nobody can use neither set nor data services as Evdo settings are RSN specific.

If it is ruim based phone, You just have to block your SIM card and get another sim card. As APN is set according to your MDN, this MDN should match with your RUIM RSN for data services to work,hence if you block old ruim and get new ruim data services will work only with the ruim you have nor with the blocked ruim.

• Like 1

What is the procedure i need to do in order to put a request for Handset change? I had a facinate for which the EVDo was activated, but now i wish to re-activate to HTD Incredible 2 (Reliance Sim based CDMA).

Please assist with the UIM. I have taken a OHM sim (blue in colour). According to a friend it is supposed to have a diamond on the sim card, which denotes OMH ready for Data and voice. Is this true.

What is the procedure i need to do in order to put a request for Handset change? I had a facinate for which the EVDo was activated, but now i wish to re-activate to HTD Incredible 2 (Reliance Sim based CDMA).

Please assist with the UIM. I have taken a OHM sim (blue in colour). According to a friend it is supposed to have a diamond on the sim card, which denotes OMH ready for Data and voice. Is this true.

Hasan Bhai,

I hhope you have already transferred your number to your OMH and for your information these days they are issuing only OMH SIM card in bangalore. So not to worry.

What you need to do is just send a mail to evdo@rimweb.com containg your Mob number and RSN of the SIM (written on back of SIM) and once it gets activated , you are ready to blaze.

visit this link to be more clear how to send request for evdo.

Hope it helps

Hetal Bhai My Question is How does teh new buyer go about re activating EVDO. same Tedious process ?

Head to Amit Jains post for Reactivation / The Handset must be EVDO enabled though !

I am unable to find this thread can someone plz provide me with a link.

I am unable to find this thread can someone plz provide me with a link.

Process/Link can be found just 1 post above your post. Here it is again :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/31117-reliance-cdma-evdo-activation-request-here-for-aam-admi/

Earlier before transferring the number, evdo deactivation was not required but now I heard that you can't retain MEID unless evdo is deactivated, true gurus?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Earlier before transferring the number, evdo deactivation was not required but now I heard that you can't retain MEID unless evdo is deactivated, true gurus?

Thats true I have faced this issue and not able to get evdo de activated through cc.

Hence too much trouble to change handset.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Can you people let us know what are the exact steps required while shifting to new device...??? Ofcource I'm shifting as well...

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Thats true I have faced this issue and not able to get evdo de activated through cc.

Hence too much trouble to change handset.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

So how you got it done?

Can you people let us know what are the exact steps required while shifting to new device...??? Ofcource I'm shifting as well...

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Deactivate EVDO on your number, give request at any WW/store for shifting your number from old RSN to new RSN. Reactivate EVDO by calling CC.

• Like 2

How to deactivate EVDO???...Tried with 20 CC people still no one understands EVDO...Does activating evdo on new handset will deactivate it automatically from previous handset?

^^^

Baba, Jin Logo Ko (RComm CC) Janm (EVDO Activation) Kaise Hota Hai Ye Pata Nahi Vo Mrutyu (EVDO Deactivation) Nishchint Hai Vo Kaise Janenge?

• Activate MDN on new MEID either through *228 Retain MDN or HCC
  • Activate EVDO on new MEID
  • Should be safe now, still check on old device that EVDO is not working.
Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 5

Hahahahahah...truly said Rajan Ji....

Regarding your points last time I transferred number from evo3d to nexus but net was working on evo without any number. But after some days it stopped. I didn't notice but may be after evdo activation on new number it stopped. Thanks for clarifying.

Say if I port my no back to BSNL GSM, I don't have to visit WW for anything right? I just need the UPC code right? This way they won't deactivate my evdo and I should be getting free evdo on my cdma phone even though there is no MDN. Is that it?

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

lol.. as soon as your no. will be ported to other operator, all the services will be blocked.. evdo is not only mapped to hdr u/n & p/w.., but a combination of various parameters.. here in case, your mdn will gets delisted from reliance's database..<br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

Probably ev1 is right.

sir, as per previous posts on this topic (#14, 15, etc.) i myself checked it by transferring one of my # (evdo activated) from motorola droid 2 to HTC EVO 3D. didn't made any changes in motorola after MDN retain to EVO 3D. got evdo activated too on HTC. its working fine. but there is nothing in Motorola. Its still programmed on old #, but no signs of EVDO on it. :(<br /><br />will test it with my another # which is on Palm Pixi Plus (evdo activated too) by porting to Aircel ( its long overdue) & report.. <br /><br />triggered from razr...<br /><br />

• Like 1

In my lucky experience. I ported one rcdma number to reliance gsm. And surprisingly evdo worked for about two months on my HTC evo 4G without any mdn.

I guess lucky me :rolleyes:

dear rcom, why i'm being spared.. :ranting::bash: