Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

EVDO Reactivation / Shifting To New Device

:previous:

Post above yours was a case of Reliance CDMA to Reliance GSM i.e., internal MNP in Reliance parlance and not to another operator.

^^^^^^^^

May be another trick by RCom to force RCdma users to RGsm... May be????

Hi all

I have HTC desire VC

Specs says EVDO can be used

But when I tried with reliance to activete EVDO on my number by SMS I get message that hand set do not support

Can any body help how to solve this problem

Calling CC did not help as well as webword could not help me

@milindk

Please do not spam the board with multiple posts of same content in different threads. One post for a issue is sufficient.

• Like 2

Hi, I just moved from a non-sim handset to Lenovo A820E (ebay :-) ). Got a new OMH sim but only 1x data seems to be working. A message to 55333 with HSD says high speed data is already activated. Not sure what`s been missing out here. Any insight ?

^ ^ ^

Not an answer to your question but another question!
  • Was google play store installed by the ebay seller on the phone or you have been able to root/install & make it work yourself?
  • Is all the chinese stuff removed & phone is workable with what's left?
Please post a detailed review about the phone in "Your Latest Hardware Purchase" topic OR a separate topic as this phone atleast on paper seems to be a great choice for CDMA + GSM Dual SIM android with very decent specs/price & lot of members would want to know!
  • Like 1

Hi, I am still struggling to get EVDO on my device. The earlier device was Samsung Continuum on which EVDO worked perfectly. Is getting deactivation and reactivation the only way? The chat agent on RCOM is just stuck on the fact that deactivation is on the handset :o .. (1x works perfectly right now).. Any clues ? Thanks.

Yes, you need to reactivate EVDO everytime you change your handset.

I have also changed from RUIM to an non-sim Note 2, and facing the same issue as Parth, hope my visit to Relaince World store pays some dividend.

OR

Any senior members or gurus (with contacts at reliance) who can help us (Parth & myself) out of this soup? Any help shall be greatly appreciated! All of you know how ignorant and clueless most reliance store executives are...

EDIT:

As expected, a visit to Reliance World NOIDA store had no results, they kept harping that EVDO is handset dependent and there is no option to deactivate them from their end...

PS - Always had a bad experience at the NOIDA Reliance store. Any other RW in Delhi area where the executives are better informed (or open to solving problems instead of passing on the buck)?

Edited by puneet_si

So, I called up the CC and they told me they don`t have the procedures to deactivate EVDO from their end, and I will need to visit the webworld for that. However, looks like Puneet already visited one and he is still at square 1. Gurus- any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Always had a bad experience at the NOIDA Reliance store. Any other RW in Delhi area where the executives are better informed (or open to solving problems instead of passing on the buck)?

You can go to this WW and contact Amit Jain who is a fellow Rimwebian too :)

Amit Jain | Ashoka Enterprises

Reliance Mobile Store | RMS

D-1, Lal Quarters, Krishna Nagar

Opp. Chhachhi Building, Delhi

New Delhi - 110051.

• Like 1

You can go to this WW and contact Amit Jain who is a fellow Rimwebian too :)

Amit Jain | Ashoka Enterprises

Reliance Mobile Store | RMS

D-1, Lal Quarters, Krishna Nagar

Opp. Chhachhi Building, Delhi

New Delhi - 110051.

Managed to sort out the issue by visiting another RW (and also got help from kind forum member Shreesh), thanks for the information though - may prove useful for someone else in a similar situation as mine.

Hello,

I have update PRL on my handset but after that only 1X signal, no evdo signal, any one has idea how to get evdo aignal after prl update,

Pls help me.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

PRL update ?

where did you got it, from last few years we are using same PRL no 5, stick to it !

hope you have not updated (downgrded) to prl no-1 ,

also for few sim cards prl was no 10.

whats your current prl no ?

Prl 10. I got it on google. Should i back to prl 5 for evdo signal. Suggest me..? Prl 10 not support evdo.??

Go back to Prl 5 !

tapatalking.....

If you have prl 5. Can you send me. I am not getting on google. Help.

Its posted on rimweb many time, you can get prl in programing software thread in technical programming,

tapatalking.....

I have Sprint S3, earlier i was using Nexus s 4g, now when i transferred my Number onto S3, after deactivation o HSD on old device, and activating HSD on new device, i am unable to use EVDO on new device, the device is still running on 1xRTT.

can anyone guide me . . . .

^^ confirm woth reliance that Evdo aervice on your number is activate or not?

Option 2

Is nv File for evdo is written on s3?

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2

@vahid

Earlier i used to enjoy EvDO on the same device and also when i send sms to 55444 with HSD, it says, EvDO is already active on your number!

and secondly how to check: "Is nv File for evdo is written on s3?"

You can read hdr username in dfs, or just use cw and resend NV dump to phone

tapatalking.....

@vahid

Earlier i used to enjoy EvDO on the same device and also when i send sms to 55444 with HSD, it says, EvDO is already active on your number!

and secondly how to check: "Is nv File for evdo is written on s3?"

i would suggest to connect ur phone to flashphone and write a dump on it or ask ur seller to send u the dump file,

Because I already sent the evdo request yesterday.

I think ur meid will be supported with flashphone.

I still am not clear on this. How do you get evdo deactivate in the first place. Twice in the past when I wanted to do handset change on evo design and 3d. My request was denied from Reliance saying hsd service is activated so cannot change handset. I have called cc and visited web world to no avail.

Ultimately lost those two numbers as they are stuck in those faulty handsets.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2