Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

EVDO Reactivation / Shifting To New Device

Baba jee. Use hcc in such cases. It works irrespective of evdo being activated or not.

I still am not clear on this. How do you get evdo deactivate in the first place. Twice in the past when I wanted to do handset change on evo design and 3d. My request was denied from Reliance saying hsd service is activated so cannot change handset. I have called cc and visited web world to no avail.

Ultimately lost those two numbers as they are stuck in those faulty handsets.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

to get the hsd on new device first get ur mdn transfered in new device through reliance world and then place the request for deactivation of hsd on old device and reactivation of hsd in new device by providing ur meid/rsn of new device to this no. rcom appellate authority18602002011. they will definitely take ur request and provide u with request no. and it will be activated within three days. convince them that u have called cc and visited web world but they are not taking ur request.

Baba jee. Use hcc in such cases. It works irrespective of evdo being activated or not.

i havent tried this but hcc are not available in jaipur since quite some time whenever i checked.

I have changed more than 5 handsets through HCC & WW, all are activated EVDO, in all first transfer no. And then request to cc thay reactive EVDO on new rsn. whole process take 5 days.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

Fresh news. Again today the web world doesn't have hcc and I needed a postpaid number omh change which was denied due to evdo already activated. They have no idea how to deactivate it first.

^^^

Give me details

^^^

Give me details

Pmed

Update:

Fast, cooperative and Selfless : three words for our young genius Shreesh

he helped me with what reliance people were getting stuck in achieving.

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 1

as per suggestions here i tried to use HCC after purchasing it from a member here.

on my motorola photon.

after doing *229...... i got msg from reliance stating : your handset does not support use of handset change card. Contact cc...........

Its old activation issue, not related to any of ur Moto .

I had same issue with official bb

Sorted out by back end

tapatalking.....

I changed my Reliance prepaid number from RUIM to Handset(Evo 3D).. Faced same issue of only 1x working and getting message of HSD already active on your number.. Since I was not going to use this handset for more than 2 weeks didn't go through the process of calling CC for EVDO de-activation & activation as it takes 4-5 calls and 3-4 days to do so..

On sunday evening I was just doing some TP on the phone and opened the Reliance Instacare app.. Saw that there was a service request feature which I hadn't tried.. So I just sent a service request that "Phone not getting EVDO signal.. I am getting only 1X speed..". And to my surprise.. Today morning EVDO was active on my phone.. I don't know whether it was activated yesterday as I didn't think that the request would see any action..

So others can try this same method and confirm whether it works for everyone or I just got lucky..

• Like 2

@hetal sir

pls help me

i recently ported my no. to reliance cdma

calls and sms r working fyn but no data

i have samsung galaxy s3 ruim based purchased from ds forum

my ruim is omh one.

i send the sms for hsd activation and got a reply that hsd has been activated on your sim

but everytym i switch on mobile data my s3 displays -"pls insert sim card to access network services" n stuff

pls help

@hetal sir

pls help me

i recently ported my no. to reliance cdma

calls and sms r working fyn but no data

i have samsung galaxy s3 ruim based purchased from ds forum

my ruim is omh one.

i send the sms for hsd activation and got a reply that hsd has been activated on your sim

but everytym i switch on mobile data my s3 displays -"pls insert sim card to access network services" n stuff

pls help

do data enable from setting menu.not from notification bar.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I have recently transferred my postpaid Reliance CDMA number from nv based phone (epic 4g) to Ruim based phone (Motorola Razr M). I could transfer the number to a sim through a reliance web world over here in Bangalore. The data is still working on the old phone, I had requested CC for data deletion on the old phone twice and both time I got the message that the service request has been closed. Later on I wrote to appellate authority and got a call from them, they also took the request and got a message that the service request has been closed. But unfortunately the data is still active in the old phone, requesting rim gurus here to help me out.

Pm me meid and mdn.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I have recently transferred my postpaid Reliance CDMA number from nv based phone (epic 4g) to Ruim based phone (Motorola Razr M). I could transfer the number to a sim through a reliance web world over here in Bangalore. The data is still working on the old phone, I had requested CC for data deletion on the old phone twice and both time I got the message that the service request has been closed. Later on I wrote to appellate authority and got a call from them, they also took the request and got a message that the service request has been closed. But unfortunately the data is still active in the old phone, requesting rim gurus here to help me out.

same has happened with me too in recent past for the similar case. After repeated request and shooting mail to reliance broadband department several times, it could resolved. It took almost 3 weeks.

Now if Shreesh is helping you, I can assure you that just provide the required info and get a good sleep.

It means your old phone is in switched-on condition. I also faced the same problem and my service requests also got closed two times.

You can try this, no harm in trying once. Switch off your old phone first. Then reboot your new phone and then check.

Simply get evdo activated on your ruim.

Data on old rsn should automatically stop.

U can use reliance instacare app for hassle free solution

• Like 2

Yes its worked for me...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Simply get evdo activated on your ruim.

Data on old rsn should automatically stop.

U can use reliance instacare app for hassle free solution

Thanks, data on the old phone got deactivated and data on the new sim got activated by the above procedure. :yahoo:

Now They stopped instacare application mdn registration from 2-3 days.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

have a query

incase the motherboard of the existing phone is changed, do we have to request for evdo again ?

^ yes of course. Its like a new phone with new esn/meid.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^ yes of course. Its like a new phone with new esn/meid.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

No wonder, i was getting only 1x speeds with my HTC one.

thanks for the prompt reply.

I am using Moto X and i am sure it got only 1X speed.

earlier I am using epic 4g and old phone with me and switched off. (I am sure that even epic 4g getting 1x speed)

while sending sms HSD to 55333 > I got reply that EVDO service on your number is already active.

Pl suggest, how to activate EVDO on my new Moto X phone.

I am having a strange issue with my prepaid number...

1x/3g comes in for a second and goes off ... the same things goes on and off repeatedly where never it stays on so that i can enjoy surfing....

I have given repeated complaints in webworld and end number of SR have been created and 4 times number transferred to various series of sim still no luck ..

Can someone pls help me with the same ?