Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sajokj

Spice Mi-410 Review

Spice Mi-410 this is my First Android Phone.

I really love this phone. No lagging. Its powered enough for most of the application.

3D games also works fine.

Used modified Skype for Voice Chat and its working smoothly.

Camera: (7/10)

Not bad, Cant say its great.

Small Video Sample:

I am not good at taking Videos :) rite?

Screen: Good Enough To watch Movies and all (6.5/10)

Sound: Good with Nice player and Earphone, I use Sound Maigc. Its really great

Phone calls: No problem till now.

Battery: 100% GPRS and Gamil and Gtalk. (10-15 calls) avr time: 3-4 min, Games played for 30 min along with Music(While traveling in train). I get only one day. Need to charge everyday. (So not that bad) If you use GPS then it kills your Battery. I think that is the problem with all Smartphones.

Cons:

Camera Glass will get Scraches in few days. Camera Glass is projected out side. So not at all good. You should be very carefull on this part.

Rest all is fine. Nice phone for 13K.

• Like 3

Battery: 100% GPRS and Gamil and Gtalk. (10-15 calls) avr time: 3-4 min, Games played for 30 min along with Music(While traveling in train). I get only one day. Need to charge everyday. (So not that bad) If you use GPS then it kills your Battery. I think that is the problem with all Smartphones.

Cons:

Thanks for the review brother. So nice of you :)

i am more concerned on battery, "One day" means from morning to evening? how many hours bro? will we get at-least 10hours with g mail app running? and light usage of phone calls? no music .. no games etc.

And bro, that's a nice video :) .. good quality

Used modified Skype for Voice Chat and its working smoothly.

I managed to get the MI-410 up and running with Gingerbread ROM from the Cherry Magnum HD. Once you do this you can try the modified skype for video calls. The modified skype for video calls is available on xda-developer forums and works well with the Spice Mi-410 with the Cherry Magnum HD ROM. Also manually rooted it to enable proxy support for WiFi networks.

Also the stock 2.2 CSL/Spice ROM failed to detect automatically internet settings for Airtel. Flashing to the MagnumHD 2.3.4 Rom solved the problem.

U can get battery life for one full day with gamil on full time

Hate to say it but its battery life is better than my epic :( I get like 6 to 8 hrs battery life on my epic with data on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

wow ... cool sajokj ... thanks a lot 1ce again

Note: any one buying this mobile, dont upgrade to 2.3.4 from any Cherry mobile or CSL mobile. Just wait for one month Spice itself is coming with 2.3 update for this phone.

• Like 1

Sajo sorry off topic but has your avatar thingy's eating speed increased?

Edit nevermind it might sound strange but it goes faster on chrome than IE. Verified.

It is engrossing in a queer revolting sort of way.

Mods please delete this uesless post.

Edited by dipanlahiri

Spice MI-410 itself comes with 2.2 build with CSL ROM. Any ROM from Spice will likely be the CSL version. I also heard that CSL was bought over by Spice.

Note: any one buying this mobile, dont upgrade to 2.3.4 from any Cherry mobile or CSL mobile. Just wait for one month Spice itself is coming with 2.3 update for this phone.

My Feedback on TJ's custom Rom.

Its more Smooth now.

I had not done any overclocking of CPU as I feel 1Ghz is enough on mobile

I was a victim of Wakeup Lag on my stock ROM/CSL 2.3.4, Now there is no wakeup lag. ( I am really happy on this)

Wifi issue sorted after updating using WIFI fix.

Wifi is working fine. (Used for hours continuously with out disconnecting)

GPS locking had No issues. (Had not gone for a drive. Just checked the GPS locking)

NO issues on downloading from Android Market

Nice animation

I really like that grid application listing.

My advice to all Spice MI-410 users is Go for this Custom ROM. it really Rocks.

TJ thanks a lot for building this Custom ROM

Funny, I never faced wakeup lag with either the Cherry Magnum GB Rom or the CSL GB ROM floating around. Have no problem with Wifi or GPS either. I am currently using a stripped down CSL GB ROM. I easily get over a 1.5days of usage with the phone with data in 2G mode. This includes around 1hr of Fruit Ninja.

Thanks for the review dear Sajo. +1 :)

I had GPS issues with the unofficial CSL GB ROM, so when the official Spice GB ROM came out I tried it out. It was decent for more than a week. Then I suddenly started suffering from a 5s wakeup lag problem on the official Spice ROM. Even reflashing the same ROM did not fix the problem. I could not flash any other ROM. Even CWM's recovery image would not work. But I was able to dump the recovery.img from the froyo ROM and flash back to the Cherry Magnum version. Happy for now. Inspite of the wakeup lag with the Spice ROM, I was getting over 2days of battery with 2G data on.

Funny, I never faced wakeup lag with either the Cherry Magnum GB Rom or the CSL GB ROM floating around. Have no problem with Wifi or GPS either. I am currently using a stripped down CSL GB ROM. I easily get over a 1.5days of usage with the phone with data in 2G mode. This includes around 1hr of Fruit Ninja.