Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dhruvdeshmukh

Internet on PC/laptop using Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA

A month ago my phone(Corby Speed SCH-F339) was stolen. I recently purchase a new device Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA. A week later a purchased a OMH SIM as well. Their instructions were to call *228 and follow the procedure. I did the same, and it said that your phone could not be activated, even though after that i have been able to make/receive both call and messages. I am assuming that this means that while my number is activated my EVDO services are not. So either i need to request CC or visit reliance world and give a request there or follow the procedure by Amit Jain. Please Confirm to this statement.

Also I got a message from reliance saying that i have got free 10GB of usage for 2 months. Now when i activated the Use Packet Data option on my phone under Mobile Network Settings, I was able to access net. I checked if i could connect to the net on my phone as well as tethered my laptop using wi-fi to the phone and use net. I was able to do both but on checking balance for both it was deducted from my main account as Network Usage Charges. There was not even an KB of deduction from my data balance. Then i used a cable and connected the phone to my laptop and used NetConnect Dialer( To Do this u need to first activate Dial-up networking under Mobile network settings ). After just randomly surfing the net, when i checked my balance, i see this time round its been deducted from the 10GB. But then again what i observed was that it was connected through 1X rather than EVDO, so the net speed was very slow. So can the people on this forum help me by answering the following questions.

- How do I get faster speeds when using my phone as a dial-up modem and connecting to the internet?

- How do I configure my phone such that I can get high speed internet on my phone for browsing/downloading and its usage is deducted from my data balance, than my main balance?

- Do I need to do any other settings on my phone so that when I connect my laptop using wi-fi to my phone to access net, that i get high speed internet on my phone for browsing/downloading and its usage is deducted from my data balance, than my main balance?

Thank you

Dhruv

I am using Samsung i559 and having similar problem. When I ticked use packet data option, my entire usage on phone & tethering has been billed under Rworld usage. Although I have been charged for data plan there is no usage of single KB. I have taken up this issue with RCOm nodal officer & still in fight.

I may have gotten a solution for getting EVDO speeds. I had called the Netconnect helpline and explained them my problem on getting slow speeds. Initially they were telling me that my handset is not supported by them. But i reasoned with them and surprisingly it worked and they took my request for activating EVDO. But when i asked them up to what speeds i can get, they told me I'll be able to get up to 2.4mbps. Is this true or is it just the wrong information that CC has provided.

So now I'm getting really good speeds for dial-up, but the problem of usage being charged from my main balance every time i access net from my phone or when i tether my laptop to my phones wi-fi. If anybody could guide us in this respect it would be a great help for all the Android phone users of R-COM CDMA.

I have checked RCOM website. They have provided APN ( Access point name) & Internet settings for Windows Mobiles. But in my opinion they are yet to device & configure APN settings for Android phones. In last 10 days of my interaction with RCOM, nobody has come up with APN settings for Android.

I have verified on global sites for CDMA & Android combination. Operators do provide APN settings.

Will update if I get any communication from RCOM.

same problem with me guys pls any body help us with this. My 10 gb free balance will expire in few days. pls help