Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kkdeep

Nexus One Vs Others For A Budget User

A friend is looking for android mobile and his budget is 12k. He is thinking of buying unlocked Nexus one from Amazon USA for $260 See here. Somebody is coming over and can get it so no shipping to India etc. I was asking him to get at least a Nexus S as Nexus one is couple of years old now. But he is not ready to stretch the budget from 12k. Is buying a Nexus one good idea? is there any better *Android* phone in this price range which can be bought from India or USA(unlocked)?

--TIA

Nexus One, though old, is an excellent phone. I am using one for last couple of years and am super happy with it.

It is WAY batter than other 12K phones you get in India. I'll say go for it, if budget is the constraint.

If your friend/you are the techie kind, and can unlock phones for yourself, then it may open a lot of other options.

But, if nothing else, he won't regret getting a nexus one,

kkdeep, if your friend is using any of the cdma operators then you can get very good handsets from good sellers in this forum itself, saddikkbhai, hetalji.Just brought samsung fascinate from hetalji for myself for a very good price which is sold by reliance here for 28K or more.

if he has budget of 260 and is cdma user then why nexus one

tell him to buy nexus s cdma from ebay for that price

nexus s is much better than nexus one and same price

if GSM is would suggest getting T mobile galaxy s 4g for same price

both these phones have better hardware than nexus one

if GSM is would suggest getting T mobile galaxy s 4g for same price

both these phones have better hardware than nexus one

Guys,

Thanks everybody for replying. He is a GSM user so CDMA is out of question.

@Mufaddal

I am not aware that the Nexus S is available for $260 price range. Infact I had suggested him the same phone. But it is coming around $400 and he is not ready to stretch to that. Do i have to bid to get that price from Ebay, as all listing seems to be around $375-$450 range See here for ebay USA

-TIA

Nexus one is an outdated phone for some and the good news is that Nexus S is now available very easily on Ebay India as an officially registered handset.

Nexus one is an outdated phone for some and the good news is that Nexus S is now available very easily on Ebay India as an officially registered handset.

It sure is outdated. But the original question was to whether it makes sense to buy it at 12k or not? Nexus S is in 18-19K range. If money was not criteria, I would suggest my friend to buy Galaxy S2.

Edited by kkdeep

:previous: at 12k its worth buying. best option at this price. :SI: i bought same for 14.7k the very same day u started this topic.

@dr.faramroze it may be a outdated ph but runs on the latest android and will keep getting the updates first always. 1gz processor, 512mb ROM, 512mb ram. i don't think u will get a ph with these specs even with a budget of 15k.

and there is not much difference in the latest phones and nexus1. except a front cam(not a very much needed thing), increased ram and memory(always have a option for memory card).

Its a steal to get N1 for 12k. Its definitely a robust build, sturdy.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Nexus one @12k?? where??? pls. update...

thanx Pulkit.

Found the link in first post, but its of Amazon.. Does it deliver to india?? or wats d workaround?? also would be unlocked 2 work in india??

One member from Rimweb is selling 'New Google Nexus S 4G For Reliance' @ 16000/- inclusive of Shipping.. Grab It guys !!!

:previous: nexus 1 is gsm wherein nexus s 4g is cdma..

My Friend want to sell Nexus One with 8GB Card, Dock Charger Full Body Shield only problem is Power Button dont works to we use Joy Stick to Wakeup Phone and Widget to sleep, Anybody Interested ?

sir, please share price.. also, is it possible to get the power button replaced through some experianced mechanic..

thanks in advance..