Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint HTC EVO 3D - World's 1st (Proper) 3D Phone

There are many EVO 3D users... kinda feels good..

Tumne hi party badal Di

@ss_rakesh - lolz... press the power button; but seriously, your reason for wanting that?

@ss_rakesh - lolz... press the power button; but seriously, your reason for wanting that?

lol I know, but bright LED's causes me headaches and eye pain :Decepcionado:

Well have another noobish question. How i have to browse using EVDO?

Just turning on mobile network also turns on EVDO and uses tht bandwidth?

Edited by ss_rakesh

^

err, yes (if evdo is enabled on your handset and available in your area)

^

err, yes (if evdo is enabled on your handset and available in your area)

and is ther any way to check if am in the EVDO coverage?

Call 1800300005555 and ask if EVDO HSD Is available in your city.

Battery Life on my HTC EVO3D after 10 hours+ of uptime. Still at 70% with Wifi/Data Switched on 24x7. Brightness set at 100%.

Note: The Charging Status showing is just due to the fact that its just plugged into usb port for Screen Capture via Dalvik Debug Monitor (ddms.bat) on unrooted phone.

post-18748-0-95381600-1311781037_thumb.p

Edited by dkaile

Battery Backup of 3D is okay for me too.

:previous: 10+ hours of uptime means, continously on and surfing the web?

Call 1800300005555 and ask if EVDO HSD Is available in your city.

I think u meant 180030005555,

I checked coverge in bangalore in someother website and my place is within the coverage area,

But just to check, when i called 180030005555 and entered my phone number the IVR told its an invalid entry :Equivocado:.

btw what wiil be the phone model registerd in rel database, is it HTC 3Vo?

Edited by ss_rakesh

:previous: 10+ hours of uptime means, continously on and surfing the web?

It means 10 hours of normal usage conditions, with pushmail coming in every few minutes, calls and sms's etc. NOT continuous on.

Edited by dkaile

@others - I have also felt increase in Speaker Volume all by itself after using for sometime. Maybe its speaker is behaving like a New car engine which opens up after doing a few thousand km's and then gives proper performance.. :rofl_200: But anyways, that is the fact for me.

Ringtone Speakers are quite abnormal on this phone, Didt expected it to be so much low.

So have to keep it in Vibration which again consumes a lot of battery.

^

I disagree. Speakers have become sufficiently loud and clear and I too keep vibrate on always along with speakers. Usage pattern defines battery consumption. If I will keep talking on a call for 1 hour, obviously battery will finish off. My talking habit is small and curt, max. 1-2 minute per call. Posting demo video of sound quality shortly.

Here's a short sound test video on my ringtone. Ab is se oocha kya soonoge?? Unless you want to blow your ear drums and speaker drums.... lolz.

No default settings touched or increased on the phone by qpst. Phone is totally default.

Edited by dkaile

Even I dont face volume issue, Dont know why people says that its very slow...

My apologies if these have been posted before.

[MOD] EVO 3D Overclocked to 1.8GHz!

[FAQ/Summary] HTC EVO 3D DEV FAQ's, Root and S-OFF Status, etc. [updated: 07.21.2011]

This method seems easier.

This is the XDA method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9AXZWcFQU&feature=player_embedded#at=180

Edited by digitalnirvana

Hello Everyone,

I came to know of this form from @dkaile when i had some questions regarding HTC EVO 3D.

Currently i am have a Reliance CDMA connection and using a basic phone Samsung Guru since last 2 years.

Thinking of upgrading since a long time now and finally i think it will be HTC EVO 3D now.

But before getting this phone will like to have a information which i am lacking currently.

1) I currently have a phone which uses a CDMA SIM. @dkaile you had pointed out that EVO does not use a SIM card how easy will it be get the MEID No(Correct me if i am wrong).

2) What changes will be required to make it working on Reliance CDMA and what will be the level of complexity.

Will it be a simple process like upgrading the Android version's or will require some programing knowledge.

Also if there is any detailed post where i can find the information will be great.

3) Is it advisable to buy from India or get it from US?

4) One of my friends is traveling to US next week can ask him to the phone from there. What is the best price that i can get the phone. Also are there any discount coupons which can be used(Like we have discount codes for Letsbuy)

Well as you can see have some concerns to start with,

Yes right, Using an imported phone on RCOM CDMA network is not only about importing it and using it out of box.

A lot of activities are undergone on the handset to make it perfect to work on RCOM CDMA Network with 3G EVDO.

@pkc19 buy it from seller from this forum who provide with registered me!d. No hassles I it just works out if the box.

You may find difficult to import contacts. But it can be fine, no rocket science. Don't worry, if you have budget just get it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by csmart

You may find difficult to import contacts. But it can be fine, no rocket science. Don't worry, if you have budget just get it.

u should be able to transfer the contacts to EVO 3D using HTC Transfer app, if y'r old mobi has bluetooth :GirandoOjos:

Well If u don't want to get u'r hands dirty, then better buy from the sellers here. Let them also get some benefit for making Rel allowing foreign h/s r8.

Edited by ss_rakesh

@PKC19

1. Do not import as then you will end up searching people to register meid and starting 3G/EVDO. Buy from reputed sellers like Hetal/Amit Jain/Sadikk etc.

2. All the complexities will be taken care by the seller

3. India

4. Sealed pack handsets even in the US are about 17-18K, then add import costs and customs worries. Better pay 2-3K extra (around 22-23K) and buy from reputed seller here without any tensions and hassles. Also resale would be easier of meid registered handsets with evdo and you can easily upgrade after sometime.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the above suggestions and advice.

So the way to go forward will be to buy from India it self.

Will do a lot more of R&D over the weekend.