Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint HTC EVO 3D - World's 1st (Proper) 3D Phone

HTC Sense has 2 finger scroll since the hero days.

We just did not know about it.

Tried on Hero, D-Incredible, Desire HD also and it works.

Thanks for your valuable input

Edited by santanu@impaq

Can someone please suggest couple of custom ROM's to try based on their experiences, so that we have more fun

I am rooted but did not take the OTA before flashing recovery, so guess will have to go for a ROM which has the update built in.

on OMJ's and its all good till now!

on OMJ's and its all good till now!

tried CleanROM 2.2, SteelROM 2.2, KingsROM and XRON..... of these, liked SteelROM the most. Gonna try the 2.3 update of CleanROM

Edited by ananth001

Just saw this adv in HT today for our HTC EVO 3D that they have launched in India on GSM. The MRP is around 37,000/- and retailing for about 34,000/= on Letsbuy - http://www.letsbuy.c...-evo-3d-p-23281 whereas we are enjoying the same thing for at least 10K less on CDMA. That's the benefit of cdma. HTC is trying to promote this handset in a big way and want's to make it its flagship product (even above Sensation) for the coming few months in India. Comes with same Green Hornet in 3D and also the Spiderman 3D game etc.

HTC India's site specifications for EVO 3D - http://www.htc.com/in/product/evo3d/specification.html

htcevo3dad9920111.jpg

Edited by dkaile

Just saw this adv in HT today for our HTC EVO 3D that they have launched in India on GSM. The MRP is around 37,000/- and retailing for about 34,000/= on Letsbuy - http://www.letsbuy.c...-evo-3d-p-23281 whereas we are enjoying the same thing for at least 10K less on CDMA. That's the benefit of cdma.

Price difference between GSM EVO 3D & CDMA version is even more than that now. Brand New EVO 3D CDMA selling for US $ 300 to $ 350 now a days in US. For example, consider this one for US $ 320 >> http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_6463wt_1322

As the custom duty in India on mobiles is around 1%, and SNS charges US $ 10 shipping for first 500 grams, this one can be in your hand in India for approx Rs 16,220. ($320 = Rs 14,720 + Rs 1,500 (Max for Shipping+Customs).

That's a gap of approx Rs 16,000 compared to prevailing GSM EVO 3D price in India.

• Like 2

That's a gap of approx Rs 16,000 compared to prevailing GSM EVO 3D price in India.

+ meid registration + evdo activation. 20-24K is a more realistic price for the headaches those people take and they deserve it. I get at least 5 request a day to activate some phone somewhere and am tired of telling all of them that "I ain't into those things!!" period. Search professionals on rimweb please, pay them and get ur job done. Lots of US import paper weights roaming around.

Edited by dkaile

Evo 3D ad is also there in today's Times of India

FInally got my Evo 3D from the great parin

as usual fast delivery and instant help when required

gr8 phone HTC EVO 3D rocks.

Anyone using 32GB card with EVO 3D??

I am planing to buy.. Need suggestion.

Thanks

Sameer

• Like 1

I am, go for it, Hetal Sir is giving 32GB card and I am sure he is having it in stock too :)

I got my MEID registered with Relaince.

I'm programming the following parameters using EPST:

Reliance EVDO PRL from this post

MCC:404

MNC: 00

A-Sys Primary: 283

B-Sys Primary: 384

A-Sys Secondary: 691

B-Sys Secondary: 777;

MOB_TERM_FOR_HOM /SID/NID: All set to Enable

Home Page/Home Orig, Roam Orig: All set to EVRC

Home SID/NID #1: 14655 / 65535

Akey: That was registered with reliance.

I'm a n00b when it comes to CDMA. Can one of the experts here please verify/correct these values?

Is there anything else that needs to be taken care of?

I think it will become a valuable reference for others.

that will be it to use calls, for data, additional settings are to be edited!

saw this post in XDA http://forum.xda-dev...80#post18020680, which might help those stuck with Hboot 1.50 to get to Hboot 1.40 with s-off -

Works only for those who had done s-off on hboot 1.4, prior to upgrading to hboot 1.5

Edited by ananth001

The method is for those who were s-off on 1.4, then they accidentally upgraded to 1.5.

Others might brick while trying this method.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

The method is for those who were s-off on 1.4, then they accidentally upgraded to 1.5.

If you're s-on and on 1.5, this won't work for you.The bootloader will detect that this is a hboot downgrade, and just ignore the zip file.

If you're s-on and on 1.5, this won't work for you.The bootloader will detect that this is a hboot downgrade, and just ignore the zip file.

Correct .- you need S-OFF to flash HBOOT 1.40 over HBOOT 1.50. The HTC Unlocked HBOOT allows you to flash a custom recovery and ROMs, but not overwrite HBOOOT. (HTC unlock doesn't give you s-off)

@xuketo , thanks for the clarification

Got my phone HTC EVO 3D, all thanks to Dhiraj Kaile for suggestions and guidence. Will defenately post my experience with the handset.

Some useless Sprint apps can now be removed (read bloatware)

Dhiraj jee Please guide me how to remove Sprint apps - Bloatware , as I don't want them

Dhiraj jee Please guide me how to remove Sprint apps - Bloatware , as I don't want them

Puneet, go to Settings-Applications-Click on All - Then scroll down to the App you want to remove. Some of the Sprint apps can be removed from here like Nascar, Sprint Radio & Sprint TV & Movies. Leave the rest as they don't do any harm.

If you insist on removing others too, you will need to root and may remove some useful app inadvertently which may mess up the phone - Android/Linux Skill required, not for newbies. Kindly read detailed procedure on XDA.

Some comparo shots with Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII. I found the build quality of the HTC to be slightly 'better' than the Samsung. The Sense 3 on HTC too is much much better than the stock TouchWiz on the Samsung. Also the screen resolution of the HTC is higher which is quite evident in applications like when using internet. Not much of a upgrade this. Plus you have the added 'bling' of 3D on the HTC which is a definite plus, still. I did not like S2 much to keep it for a long term unlike the 3VO which I could have retained.

s2evo3dfronton.jpg

s2evo3dback.jpg

Detailed S2 topic will come up shortly, separately.

Anyways, the brand new condition 3VO is up for grabs at a very attractive price with sealed accessories and talktime less than 48 hours. Sigh, Sigh... PM me for details.

Edited by dkaile

Some useless Sprint apps can now be removed (read bloatware)

To remove sprint or Verizon bloatware I always use ES file explorer on rooted phone and delete. .apk and. Odex file from system/APP folder.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Donot use normal screenguards on HTC/sammy. use a branded one.

I recently got XtreameGuard and the display shines with that :)

Edited by ssr

Some comparo points of 3VO with S2 that I have done after having used the S2 for a few days -

1. Sound quality of S2 is better than 3VO

2. Display of 3VO is better due to higher resolution and I find the colours also better on the 3VO which are more natural on the TFT than the Amoled. Also the higher resolution is remarkably better when browsing webpages etc.

3. Build quality of 3VO also feels better than the more plasticky S2. I am disappointed by total lack of any metal or bling on S2. Feels down-market.

4. I could not send more than 10sms at one go through default sms application in S2 which was possible in the 3VO

5. The S2 feels lighter but it is really taking size limits to the edge which you can hold comfortably with one hand. Anything bigger just won't do for me.

6. The camera of S2 (in 2D) is better but no 3D effects here

7. The default apps on 3VO are much better than on S2

8. The Sense interface of 3VO is still mind-blowing compared to the Touchwiz of S2

9. Battery life is nearly same on both

10. The GPS on S2 is now nearly matching the HTC (always a grouse on Samsung), though 3VO is still marginally ahead

Overall I feel S2 is not a proper upgrade to the 3VO under any circumstances for now. People with 3VO should stick to it till something better comes along.

Edited by dkaile

Some additional comparos of the 3VO vs S2 -

1. EVDO speeds are much better and stable on 3VO than on S2. S2 constantly drops to 1x whereas 3VO remains rock steady. Hats off to HTC in this regards. EVDO speeds on S2 are a 'major' disappointment even after zeroing out the proxies and are nearly half of the 3VO.

2. Except for the lightness of the S2 and a bigger amoled screen, 3VO is better in all other aspects.

3. Was able to complete great video chat on Google Talk for the first time ever on S2. Did not try on 3VO (I think its lacking that still, not sure)

4. S2 also has in-built screen capture (hidden) program like the 3VO

On a side note -

HTC takes the lead in the US smart phone market 1st time ever, beating Samsung and Apple - http://www.canalys.c...rt-phone-market

3VO is one of the major contributors to this success

Edited by dkaile