Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint HTC EVO 3D - World's 1st (Proper) 3D Phone

Thanks, I always inclined towards sammy AMOLED and now at-least I can RIP with 3VO :hypocrite:

Edited by ssr

3d screwed! backlight of display not working after started camera!

Edited by SumitVerma

3d screwed! backlight of display not working after started camera!

Sorry to hear about your hard luck mate!! Tried a battery pull restart?

tried every sh*t... even visited gaffar... still hard luck.

1st lot of EVO 3D had some issues, You can try your luck for warranty

1st lot of EVO 3D had some issues, You can try your luck for warranty

Well I have used 2 with zero issues. Fantastic all-rounder. Does everything without complaint.

@parin: Mine was a pre-order, no issues seen till now. Where did you hear that the initial lot has a problem and for what component?

I am thinking of buying Evo 3d. I want to use the wifi hotspot feature of this phone to connect internet for my iPad2. I tried using the wifi hotspot from my HTC Touch Diamond and the battery drained out in about 20 minutes. Can anyone tell me what is the difference in battery consumption if I use wifi hotspot as compared to the normal data usage on EVO 3D. Does it drain out the battery very fast? Request some expert to reply. Thanks in advance.

How many hours are you expecting to use WiFi Hotspot without connecting USB cable?

I am using EVO 3D and i can say that using this one as WIFI Hot Spot battery last for about 4 hours on a full charge.

How many hours are you expecting to use WiFi Hotspot without connecting USB cable?

I am planning to use it while I am travelling. It should be about 2 to 3 hours in a day.

:previous: should be fine if you have 60% - 75% battery left

Thank you for your very quick reply. This means that I cannot keep wifi hotspot on throughout the day. Since I bought the "wifi only" model of ipad2, I needed a wifi connection throughout the day and especially while being outdoors for 2 to 3 hours. Evo 3D looked promising due to it's 1730 mAh battery. But from your reply I gather that with full battery charge and hotspot on, the battery will not last for more than 4 hours. Is there any better alternative to this?

Since you would be traveling outdoors for 2 - 3 hours only, why don't you connect the USB cable to charge the handset when indoors for the rest of the day?

Since you would be traveling outdoors for 2 - 3 hours only, why don't you connect the USB cable to charge the handset when indoors for the rest of the day?

Yes that's what I will have to do. I was just looking if there was a better option available in terms of longer battery life using wifi hotspot so that I don't run out of the battery while travelling outside. Thank you so much for your quick and useful help. Given my experience with Touch Diamond battery only lasting for 20 minutes while using wifi hotspot, I was skeptical on buying this one. Hence I wanted to be doubly sure before I buy.

Facing a new problem on my evo

After completing a call none of the buttons function there is no response to any kind of touch.

After that when i press the power button the screen goes off and again when i on it functions properly.

Again the same story aftet every call

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Have tried almost all the custom roms on my 3VO which has hboot 1.5 unlocked by HTC method.

Liked Olympus HD rom . There is no 3D or 3G on MIUI and CM7 on current builds which are mostly Alpha, though both roms are super fast and on 2.3.7

Currently i am unable to take a backup of the pre loaded ROM.

I have latest version of Clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 installed on the phone.

When i click on Backup current rom phone restarts but no backup is created.

Any pointers how to take backup of the original rom?

Currently i am unable to take a backup of the pre loaded ROM.

Any pointers how to take backup of the original rom?

If you mean you want to put the phone to a factory installed ROM Status at a future date, RUU File can be used.

I have a problem with my HTC EVO 3D that the Front Camera does not work. Initially it used to work. Had used MyMirror and Skype with Front Camera for a while. But after a while when I switch to front cam, it shows reverse picture of Back Camera. Try loading fresh RUU as suggested by the seller. Still no use.

Can anyone help me?

Manish

Actually i want to try and load some other Rom but before want to take the backup of factory installed Rom and currently unable to do the same.

Does this phone support Mapmyindia maps?. I spoke to mapmyindia officials and they said that their mobile maps are not supported in cdma phones. Can anyone share whether mapmyindia maps work on evo 3d?. Thanks in advance.

i used mapmyindia maps using sygic app for android on my samsung epic

i used mapmyindia maps using sygic app for android on my samsung epic

But are Sygic Maps as extensive as Mapmyindia? I heard they have separate maps for a few states of India.

Just got my EVO 3D from Parin, I felt the battery backup of this phone very low. I mean a few calls and a few mails pushed that battery gets exhausted in 5-6 hours. Is the battery backup like this only or I may have to check something in this phone.