Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Greatest

Help for selecting best HD DVR DTH service

HD war started?

NOW ASLI HD comes to other platform also.

:previous: yup, and Videocon D2H is leading the pack with 11 HD channels and 1 3D channel: Star Plus HD, Star World HD, Star Cricket HD, ESPN HD, Star Movies HD, Star Gold HD, Movies Now HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic HD, Travel XP HD, Active Music HD, Active 3D

I am having Airtel DVR (not HD) but it is 720p. I bought it some 15 months back. At that time the only available HD DVR was BIG. I am not a fan of LCDs in absence of significant HD content, so wanted to stay with my cool Sony CRT. That was the reason I did not go for HD DVR.

But one thing is for sure - DVR is the best thing that has ever happened after mobile phones. I always watch programs in recorded fashion and if I have to see live, I see it with a delay of 5 minutes. The advantage- just skip all the Ads. TV watching now, is amazing without any disturbance or break, saves a lot of time. A 30 minute Tarak Mehta now takes hardly 19 min.

But then I discovered this problem with Airtel DVR and found out that except BIG, all other providers have the same problem. Say for example, you have subscribed to Star Movies in the month of July. You recorded some movies from that channel. And then say you unsubscribed the channel in Aug. Now, if you want to play the recorded content of Star Movies, it will not play ! I fought at all levels but the only response I got - it was because of the copyright issue. You have this freedom only with BIG. Only BIG respects your rights, others - copyright.

However, Airtel is the least expensive in terms of subscription, if you are not going to go for the highest package. At highest level all are nearly the same.

Now, I strongly recommend only BIG HD DVR. Have freedom, have fun.

:previous:

As per your experience story.. looks like BIG ROCKS buddy.. and Is BIG a reliance product..sorry for being lame :Contento:

Hello Friends,

I have finally indulged my desires to Tata SKY HD+ (with hd dvr) yesterday..

Enjoying my time with it, though I dont know how will the dvr be of any use to me/us at home...

Thank you everyone for helping me choose a required DTH player...

Edited by Greatest

A special thanks to Rajanbhai (insights on the happenenings in the HD world, among various option) and Dhirajbhai (actual user of Tata Sky HD+) :)

You guys rock.. :)

Hello Friends,

I have finally divulged my desires to Tata SKY HD+ (with hd dvr) yesterday..

Enjoying my time with it, though I dont know how will the dvr be of any use to me/us at home...

TO make best use of DVR is skip ads in current LIVE program

Like if any program start at 8pm, u start recoerding it at 8, but start watching after say 5 min.

• Like 1

Just heard one thing. TakaSky transponder is full, this is the reason they are unable to give ESPN-HD. The new transponder is due only in about seven months.

My son is looking for something similar. He has narrowed down to Airtel and TataSky+. The former is probably more advanced, have the option of a 120cm dish, but service is hopeless. TataSky by and large have the best service. Take your pick?

Videocon offers best regional bouquet and it is cost effective also.

At least here in West Bengal, the number of Bangla channels are the highest on Videocon and it is the only one DTH which offers some popular channels which no other DTH operator offers (e.g. Kolkata TV or TaraMuzik). So, my choice is Videocon.

If HD signal is the choosing criterion here, I've nothing to say.

did you mean 'indulged' instead?

• di·vulgeverb /diˈvÉ™lj/  /dÄ«-/ 
    divulged, past participle; divulged, past tense; divulges, 3rd person singular present; divulging, present participle
    • Make known (private or sensitive information)
      • - I am too much of a gentleman to divulge her age

GirandoOjos.gif

if you had no use of the dvr, maybe you could have saved some money and gone for a regular DTH.

biggest use of recorder is to save programs when you are away from home / travelling or usually asleep [e.g., 11:30pm - 7:30am, etc] ...

if you don't mind missing your fav shows then its of little use.

Decepcionado.gif

Hello Friends,

I have finally divulged my desires to Tata SKY HD+ (with hd dvr) yesterday..

^^^ Thanks for the info, I meant indulged my desires.. will edit the post..

Regarding DVR, I have a motto, if you have it flaunt/use it.. But if you dont have it yet, how will you use it?? Now since we have the DVR, ill try to put it to good use... You yourself have given me some great ideas (record when we are travelling, etc)..

any idea of videocon HD DVR? quality? worth buying?

Edited by csmart

^^ if you have a hd tv and watch a lot of sports, go for it. I don't know about the customer service though.

TS HD+ is good overall but no espn hd or any new hd channels that may be launched in near future.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

true, but i feel differently - if you need it, you buy it [assuming you can afford it]

supply follows demand in this situation

but its great that you will be able to put it to some use

i have 2 DVR at home and both are about 3/4th full despite my deleting some daily after watching!

i just can't go back to live TV, the commercial breaks seem so intrusive and irritating when you get used to fwd them...

GirandoOjos.gif

^^^ Thanks for the info, I meant indulged my desires.. will edit the post..

Regarding DVR, I have a motto, if you have it flaunt/use it.. But if you dont have it yet, how will you use it?? Now since we have the DVR, ill try to put it to good use... You yourself have given me some great ideas (record when we are travelling, etc)..

main reason for HD, sports and movies. the prob with Tata Sky is that it does not have Movies Now even in SD.

Customer care in Videocon too is quite decent. I myself have a Videocon d2H connection (normal one though) which is part of my LCD TV so there is no seperate set top box. And I have not had any major issues with their customer care. In fact, I even benefited once where I got a free credit of 500 rupees which was supposed to have been deducted as shifting charges but then got refunded when I shouted on the customer care for reducing my account to 9 months instead of the one year which I had subscribed for! :) well that apart, they are responsive, you have three movie channels thrown in as part of the package ( I am using a Diamond pack) and the regional channels are more than satisfactory. They also have an HD service but that would require a separate HD set top box.

Videocon D2H is definitely leading now with more HD channels including ESPN HD. TATA Sky will lag behind until they get more TP space. If AirTel can add a couple more HD channels including ESPN/Star Cricket HD then they will be a good choice along with Videocon D2H.

I'm also thinking to upgrading my videocon to their HD-DVR.

Any member reviews will surely help.

I'm also thinking to upgrading my videocon to their HD-DVR.

Any member reviews will surely help.

they r running with upgrade offer,

For sd customer Rs1000 back.

------------------------------------------------

All r discussing over tata sky and videocon, but where is dish tv(indias first dth had gone)

and in term of subsbiber it is still at no 1 position.

I feel very sorry for TATA sky, bcoz of their very less no of music chennal, i had discontinued service. Also they shud have think earlier regarding TP space, delay in addition of channel cause too much harm to thir brand image

I had bought Tata Sky+ long time back, at the suggestions of fellow members..

So I request the goal of this topic is over.. I request MODS to close this topic :)

AirTel DTH 500 GB

i've been waiting for the highest capacity recorder but they do not seem to have launched yet

already have TS+ HD but over 120 gb is blocked for useless VOD services

so usable is hardly 370-380 gb

but if airtel launches it, there will be more recording capacity than TS+

while the dish tv solution of usb is ideal to remove any limits, i actually want both:

internal and external / portable storage space in my dth

It is already launched. You need to search dealer.

also ts hd+ has removed vod, so u can use higher capacity now.

also airtel and ts hd r coming with option of attaching external hdd.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

you may have found out that TS+ has ESPN HD since Diwali last year

the only issue is the pixelation / artifacts during any dark / night scenes which is very noticeable even in HD

Just heard one thing. TakaSky transponder is full, this is the reason they are unable to give ESPN-HD. The new transponder is due only in about seven months.

My son is looking for something similar. He has narrowed down to Airtel and TataSky+. The former is probably more advanced, have the option of a 120cm dish, but service is hopeless. TataSky by and large have the best service. Take your pick?

Slightly off the topic I am with Tata Sky right now my subscription is up for renewal.I checked tata sky site airtel and reliance also. I find tata to be on costlier side with lesser channels while others offer 45 days to 2 months subscription free if you go for annual packs tata has nothing of that sort.My question would how good is Airtel or Reliance and would it be a good choice to move out of Tata into either off them

@dheepak, now would be a correct time for you to move to airtel.. It has the most number of hd channels of all the operators and it has more tp space also.. So, no worries about new channels addition(although airtel is somewhat slow in that aspect).. PQ And AQ are great in airtel much much better than tata..only bad thing is customer care. But you can sort problems out by tweeting to @airtel_presence .. They've solved a lot of my problems :).. If you want clarification about any specific issue, ask here. I'll try to clarify..

A very happy Airtel HDDVR Customer...