Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Greatest

Help for selecting best HD DVR DTH service

:previous: Did you get the release no.402 update for your HD DVR? Which brand STB do you have?

@dheepak, now would be a correct time for you to move to airtel.. It has the most number of hd channels of all the operators and it has more tp space also.. So, no worries about new channels addition(although airtel is somewhat slow in that aspect).. PQ And AQ are great in airtel much much better than tata..only bad thing is customer care. But you can sort problems out by tweeting to @airtel_presence .. They've solved a lot of my problems :).. If you want clarification about any specific issue, ask here. I'll try to clarify..

A very happy Airtel HDDVR Customer...

Thanks for your prompt response Kumaran.As of now i am still holding on to the normal sd box only so would the choice be any different.As regards the channels Tata lags behind in the number of channels.Hence a lil delay on that front is fine.With regard to customer care I have bad times even with Tata.Airtel is well known to me as I have been their broadband customer and fought a lot with them.Main reason for shift would cost channels n quality

if u ready to spend rs 6000 for new airtel HD HDR and then saving just 200-500 in annual subsciption then it is not great idea.

Airtel has 14hd channels compared to TS which has 8.

if u find ur most demanding channel missing in TS and present in airtel, then u can think of.

Otherwise airtel also facing problem of tp, recently they droped two hd channel( utv star and cnbc prime hd) and replace with zee hd and zee cinema hd.

audio quality is worst in airtel compared to tata, but picture quality is better in airtel.

Saket bhai I am having a old flat tv so getting a hd box or hd dvr wont make sense as I wont able to use it to its utility.So as of now its SD box only.Thats my main confusion if moving from tata to airtel on sd platform makes sense.My folks can watch a few more tamil channels which is not available in tata and tata doesnt provide ten sports ten cricket or ten action plus unless i go for mega pack or mega lite pack. ala carte i would end up paying 1200+ pa extra.These are my points of look out

@dheepak, now would be a correct time for you to move to airtel.. It has the most number of hd channels of all the operators and it has more tp space also.. So, no worries about new channels addition(although airtel is somewhat slow in that aspect).. PQ And AQ are great in airtel much much better than tata..only bad thing is customer care. But you can sort problems out by tweeting to @airtel_presence .. They've solved a lot of my problems :).. If you want clarification about any specific issue, ask here. I'll try to clarify..

A very happy Airtel HDDVR Customer...

You sound like a airtel salesman

@deepak

you can choose South sport+ addon of sport bonanza

or

dhamal mix+ sport bonanaza,

which will include all tamil+ all sport channels

@deepak

or

saket bhai these packages u have mentioned are in tata or airtel?

@deepak

or

for tata sky

:previous: Did you get the release no.402 update for your HD DVR? Which brand STB do you have?

Arun Bro, They have released the 402 version only for HD users not the HDDVR users.. I`m now having 401 which is quite good..

Thanks for your prompt response Kumaran.As of now i am sti..................Main reason for shift would cost channels n quality

If that`ll be ur reason u can surely shift... more channels with better quality surely in airtel

Saket bhai I am having a old flat tv so getting a hd box or hd dvr wont make sense as I wont able to use it to its utility.So as of now its SD box only.Thats my main confusion if moving from tata to airtel on sd platform makes sense.My folks can watch a few more tamil channels which is not available in tata and tata doesnt provide ten sports ten cricket or ten action plus unless i go for mega pack or mega lite pack. ala carte i would end up paying 1200+ pa extra.These are my points of look out

Though you hav a sd tv now, if you wanna be future proof, u may go for hddvr imho...

if u ready to spend rs 6000 for new airtel HD HDR and then saving just 200-500 in annual subsciption then it is not great idea.

Otherwise airtel also facing problem of tp, recently they droped two hd channel( utv star and cnbc prime hd) and replace with zee hd and zee cinema hd.

audio quality is worst in airtel compared to tata, but picture quality is better in airtel.

Bro, there is no such tp space problem with airtel.. the reason y they removed the channels as they are less watched... that`s all..

Regarding AQ, i cant comment as i`m satisfied with it and i havn`t experiencd TATA..

@deepak

or

They are tata...

so how do i know the available space in gb?

TS+ only shows % free which is not helpful

It is already launched. You need to search dealer.

also ts hd+ has removed vod, so u can use higher capacity now.

also airtel and ts hd r coming with option of attaching external hdd.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Dear friends,

I am planning to purchase new dth connection SD or HD

Please suggest me which one is better in terms of

Latest technology

service support

hardware quality

south telugu channels with HBO, Starmovies ( channel price need not be cheapest but average not the highest)

I already have Relinace HD GSK worth Rs.990.( But i doubt the support and quality of Reliace.)

If Reliance is good i will go with reliance.Or else i will go with other services.

:previous: TATA Sky or AirTel Digital TV

@Ramesh - Airtel is quite gud in terms of quality & service, I've been using it since two years in my house & I must say overall our experience is quite good with them expect some very minor glitches, so I recommend Airtel

airtel tv s**ks...till one yr whn the box was in warranty it was okay as i didnt hv to pay a penny on exchanging the dead box but after tht in 3 months or so the box was going dead and each replacement costed me 500 + 100 .....tht is very much of scam from airtel who r supplying old boxes and taking the money for new ones.....hv changed the service as of now to tata sky....let see how far thy go....

does any operator have an option for a wall mounted box ? both my tv and dvd are both wall mounted and i want the set top box to sync with em.

ty

@Ramesh Have a look at SUN HD DTH

They are in the market for quiet some time.

Link:http://www.sundirect.in/HD/default.php

@nitin

if u wall mount in vertical mode, then remote sensor will not wotk properly,

and no DTH is offering verical aligment of stb.

u have create seperate glass platform of 10inch by 6inch

damn, being in delhi i will have to choose one soon. i am happily paying 165 bucks for 2 tv's / months but govt regulators think otherwise !!!

how do the digital set top boxes compare visa-v the DTH. den is launching hd digital boxes and buzz is that they wud be prizes almost half the DTH ones with more channels and the monthly bill will also be less as compared to DTH.

anyone using digital tv here ?

I was using digital stb about 5 years ago. Quality was ok bit I don't see why you should prefer this over regular dth unless the price difference is huge.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Hd stb may give beteer quality than sd stb by den.

so nitin, u can check out demo and then decide.

unless u want more channels at lowest monthly rent.

btw if u have 2 tv, then u need to buy 2 stb. Tata sky charge rs 160 for second/third connection. Irrespectively package running on first tv is of rent 180 /260/380

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

damn, being in delhi i will have to choose one soon. i am happily paying 165 bucks for 2 tv's / months but govt regulators think otherwise !!!

how do the digital set top boxes compare visa-v the DTH. den is launching hd digital boxes and buzz is that they wud be prizes almost half the DTH ones with more channels and the monthly bill will also be less as compared to DTH.

how is that legal?

we r paying rs 400 for 2 tv monthly in mumbai

your cable guy must be under declaring!

its rs. 250 for single tv in deonar ...

after switching to dth we expect to be still paying the same or about rs. 400 mthly

Do anyone have info about HD settop box for cable in hyderabad for Hathway.

I was using digital stb about 5 years ago. Quality was ok bit I don't see why you should prefer this over regular dth unless the price difference is huge.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

waiting for them to come up with the prices and offers.

The numbers of households is gonna be be huge and there is gonna be a mad rush for the boxes. U know how delhi works :P

how is that legal?

we r paying rs 400 for 2 tv monthly in mumbai

your cable guy must be under declaring!

its rs. 250 for single tv in deonar ...

after switching to dth we expect to be still paying the same or about rs. 400 mthly

everything is possible in delhi :P

Edited by nitink