Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aboy0110

Palm Pixi + Touchscreen Stopped Working

Hello Palm Gurus, need some help with my Pixi plus. My touchscreen stopped working suddenly. The display works and I can also see calls and messaging comming in, but just can't pick them up or read them. I had it last on the touchstone when it was working. When took it off it, the touch had stopped working. I have tried removing the battery (since I couldn't shut it down) but no luck. I just had a word with Hetal and he mentioned that the Charging IC could be fried. I fear it could be the samsung power adapter I was using for the touchstone, but if I put it back on the touchstone I can see it charges. So I would just like to get it confirmed. Do let me know if anyone knows of any person who could repair or open and check the phone in bangalore.

Touch stone may have cause this problem but its not the Samsung charger. as i have faced this problem in past.there is only one solution to this, you need to change your front panel (LCD + Digitizer + front panel) , as you dont get only Digitizer .

Cost of same is approx Rs 1500. and you can do it your self.

Thanks

• Like 1

Gr8 to see u back Hiteshbhai

Gr8 to see u back Hiteshbhai

Yes even I have to say so.... Told him already

Even I faced similar problem on my epic. But the effect was temporary.

I was using a local charger with my blackberry storm.

When I used the same charger on epic. The touch scree stoppd responding.

I had to do a battery pull restart. Since then I haven't used that local chargers.

These imported handsets are soo deicate that they are sussceptable to damages from small things.

So its always better to use only original accessories with these phones.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Even I faced similar problem on my epic. But the effect was temporary.

I wish its the same.. I took off the battery and have left it open. Will check it in morning. Else I may try what Hiteshbhai suggested. I sounds interesting and its been a while that I have ripped apart something... :P

@Abay.....I think our stars have some relation ;)

I too encountered the same problem yesterday. Hope its not hardware issue. The handset is not with me at the moment so couldnt do much but I am looking forward to some great advice here in this thread.

Edited by phonegeek

^^^

not 2nd you are 3rd !!

@Saurabh... sounds like these handsets had a time bomb! I think now my keyboard has also stopped responding too. After I replace my battery and start the phone nothing shows up if I use the keyboard which I remember worked till yesterday even though the touch didn't. I hope your's is a temporary effect...

@Hitesh... Do you think it would be worth replacing the front panel unit with keyboard not repsonding now.

Edited by aboy0110

@Abhay, I hope its a temporary thing but I feel Palm is not that good in hardware. Palm Plus too have hardware issues.

@Saurah, any luck on your Pixi. I saw many similar complaints of touchscreen getting killed for Palm.. Now planning to switch over to either Samsung Fascinate or Droid X.

@Abhay The phone has not yet reached to me. It was supposed to come today but now I feel I will only be able to get it on Monday........

Will post the updates here..

Edited by phonegeek

Got phone, tried Doctoring again but touch screen gave no response....... :(

Edited by phonegeek

Something similar happened to my handset

screen goes blank and doesnot recover from Sleep mode

the handset remains blank till the battry goes low

the n if i insert the Charger it starts charging the screen shows the charger battry logo , after some time boots and back to normal again

afte removing from charging after a full charge , again cycle repeats.

I use a original Palm charger and Cable to charge

only 3 days back when this thing happened for the first time I was forced to charged it wiith a universal charger(khekada), because due to the blank screen i thought it is not charging. so used it for the first time. and after that the phone came alive but only for short periods

In the mean time i am using my old sim with a basic phone do gurus here foecee any problem in doing so

i mean 2 handsets refering same number

as pixi screen goes blank and dosent respond till battry goes low .and i am using second handset.

and last but not least any solution to this.

Also would like to know before reloading any rom what are the things that i need to notedown from teh handset. and the Procedure for the same.

This could be a proximity sensor issue. The proximity sensor turns off the screen and disbales the touchscreen when you hold the phone close to your face for. eg. in situations like calling.

A possible reason could be proximity sensor obstruction. On pixi plus tts located on top left corner of the screen. Near the power button ... oppsite the verizon logo and left to the speaker hole on screen. If you tilt your handset a little . You can notice two shades of circles there. Different sizes. Those are it.

If you have got the protective screen/lamination still on, try cleaning it or peeling it of or try cutting a hole for the sensor region.

Good Luck !!!

Mine also stopped working. I am also facing same issue.

Hi

I have got palm pixi plus,today unfortunately something fell on my phone and the screen has developed cracks.

The phone is turning on and display is also OK.

But touch is not working at all,I am not able to even unlock the phone.

Need urgent help to get it working.

Hi

I have got palm pixi plus,today unfortunately something fell on my phone and the screen has developed cracks.

The phone is turning on and display is also OK.

But touch is not working at all,I am not able to even unlock the phone.

Need urgent help to get it working.

I think only answer for you is Hitesh bahais poste above to change its Digitizer and screen

^^^

Yes it is, but now if you look on ebay, you can get new phone for 4K (MAX), so no point in investing 1.5K only for screen.

still if any one wants i have one in stock,

thanks

Hello, I am also facing the same problem since last 2 days. Definitely a charger issue. I tried to charge my pixi plus while driving, using my Jabra Bluetooth Car Charger. And it looks like, since then, the touch functionality has stopped working. Need help badly. Can you guide me where to get this done in Pune? Thanks.

you can help your self, by finding digitizer for your phone.

it can be replaced in 10min by any one.

only require is digitizer.

:previous:

Thank you for your guidance. If you know of any place in Pune or Mumbai where I can get it, please let me know. Thanks again.

had bought 2 pixi plus around April-May 2011. Touchscreen of both stopped working :(

is der any way 2 pickup calls other den touchscreen??

Did you used non OEM charger? Need to understand why touch screen is failing like this......

Nopez.. Used d original charger in both case...

Can anybody pls. enlighten abt any other way of making n receiving calls using physical keys??

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk