Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Bomb Blasts In Mumbai

News are coming that blasts have happenned in Mumbai in different areas. Details sketchy but areas mentioned are Dadar Kabutarkhana, Zaveri Bazar, Opera House.

Pray all are safe..

Edited by rajanmehta

TOI showing video, but not showing actual blasts , hope everything is normal !!

Khau Galli in Zaveri Bazar, Prasad Chambers at Opera House & Kabutarkhana at Dadar are the locations.. All teeming with thousands of people at this time..

Initial report on TV says 10 killed , 100 injured..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14141454

Mumbai: Explosions shake India's financial hub The explosions were in busy areas of Mumbai Three explosions have shaken India's commercial capital Mumbai (Bombay), local media reported police as saying.

Police told Reuters news agency three people were killed. Other reports said dozens of people were wounded.

One explosion was reported in the Zaveri Bazaar, another in the Opera House business district and a third in the south of the city.

Indian media have quoted the home ministry as saying the explosions are a terrorist attack.

Analysis

Soutik Biswas

BBC News, Delhi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three explosions in Mumbai have taken place in some of the most crowded neighbourhoods in the city.

Zaveri Bazar is a bustling market area famous for its jewellers. It has been targeted before: during the serial blasts in the city in 1993, 17 people were killed and 57 injured when a scooter packed with explosives blew up there.

Opera House, next door, is also a bustling business district teeming with traders. And Dadar, in the heart of the city, has one of the most crowded railway stations on Mumbai's busy suburban train network.

The choice of locations makes it clear that the blasts were intended to cause maximum casualties. But early footage of one of the blast sites - a ripped-off cover of a bus shelter and a car with its glass shattered - points to a medium-level and possibly crude explosion.

So far, there is no evidence to suggest that Mumbai is under attack the way it was in November 2008. And this could easily be the handiwork of a local group.

The blasts came on the birthday of Mohammad Ajmal Amir Qasab, the sole surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai attacks which killed nearly 170 people.

No group has said it carried out the attack.

The authorities have not yet said who they believe might be behind the attack.

Deeply Disturbed by Bomb blasts.

Three blasts have been confirmed. Fire at Zaveri Bazaar has been brought under control.

Reports of casualties: 15-20 at Zaveri bazaar

How many more sacrifices....?????

Ya its disturbing ... but from this morning news from Coimbatore spoiled my day :

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cctv-shows-youth-beaten-to-death-in-coimbatore/167261-3.html

See how people at watching .. may be i might have done the same ... but why are we like this :(

:-( Irritating government... They're still taming qasab in jail. He should be killed first.

No politician ever targetted. its high time that we all rise and force govt to punish all culprits.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Government is mute spectators only....it is not acting against terrorist but pleasing them..

Mumbai Blast Help line No. 022 2262 1855, 2262 1983, 2622 5020 ... 100

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Unable to call mumbai numbers, hope all well and no chaos

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Happy B.Day Kasab! :cheers::yahoo:

And Happy Death Day to our System! :angry::death:

Its really sad news again that Mumbai again targeted by Terrorists. Don't know what our Govt. doing. Haath pe haath rakh ke tamasha dekh rahi hai hamari sarkar.

Hope all our Rimwebians and their loved ones are safe.

May the departed souls rest in peace.

Vodafone network is not working here. the phone connects n immediately disconnects. the receiver sees only missed call

Chief Minister of Maharashtra confirmed: Number of deaths: 17 Number of injured: Over 100 Both numbers expected to rise..

One of the relative was in opera house in the same building meters away from the blast: Escaped unhurt, reached home but deeply traumatised.. She is even unable to speak properly..

Whatever may be the number of physical deaths eventually, 2 Crore population of Mumbai dies mentally with this fear of unknown everytime.. Which strikes regularly..

Meanwhile the court trials of previous blasts in Mumbai are still dragging on for years.. Even though justice may not deter a determined terrorist.. Still it needs to be done & fast..

Hell i am angry like every Mumbaikar & Indian..

The thing is, Mumbai will bounce back as always. And all will be forgotten. No heads will roll. Chief minister will take film maker on site seeing tour of bombed place.

Ho raha bharat nirman!

Kasab's Bday celebrated. Now when is Afzal Gurus Bday?

Zaveri Bazar Bomb Blast Images As it happened..

1565510.jpg

1565513.jpg

1565515.jpg

• Like 1

All those terrorists like qasab who are arrested should be tied up wiith bombs nd blasted into pieces like they do to our people.

:NOTriste: not acceptable.. what is our government doing.. :angry:

^^^

:sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: <---------------------> This is what our government is doing.

Where r our so called Marathi Politicians?

Their so called Maajhi Mumbai is screwed once again.

we say Mumbai bounces back. DO we have any other option? unless our family member is affected, we do not care, thats the reality. we start office as usual even without thinking about what has happen and what are the effects on victims and their families. this how it is in India.

i was also travelling to Opera house and was lucky as my friend arrived 5 minutes late. i was supposed to go on the back side of the building where bomb blasted. in fact i went there only to realise something was wrong. when i reached near, everybody was running and earlier thought it was cylinder blast. have you ever seen any politician or their closed relative suffering from terrorist attacks?

our govt and judicial system is a total failure. we cry about kasab and others. but we seldom force govt to take action. why aren't we on street to demand speedy trail? if foreigner is involve, trial is completed at lighting speed. why special court that tried kasab was not at par with High Court? this gives him chance to move to High court then Supreme court and then President. our president is sitting on mercy plea for more than 10 convicts and dont know for how long. so this clearly shows that govt has no desire what so ever to punish terrorists.

bravo to all those who helped victims.