Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

New Online Reservation Website For Indian Railways

Indian Railways Launches New Online Reservation Website

Railways have launched the new online reservation website here >> https://www.indianra...lIndexPage.seam

From Passenger Services, Select E Ticketing.. Register As A NEW User..

It takes time to receive Validation E Mail & Security Code on Mobile.. It took me 2 Hours.. Be Patient..

Reasons Why this is launched..

• Website run by IRCTC at www.irctc.co.in was heavily overloaded particularly in the morning when TATKAL windows opens.
  • Normal user could not never buy Tatkal tickets as within minutes all will be sold out.
  • There were huge complaints from passengers regarding this.
  • Railways found out that agents had multiple accounts on that site and used to corner tickets and later sell it for a higher premium.
  • Last month, in two clean up exercises, nearly a million accounts were blocked from IRCTC reservation site.

So What's Different on New Reservation Website:
  • Both this new site & IRCTC Site will function in parallel.
  • On this new site, Railway booking agents are banned from registering.
  • A user can book 8 times in a month.
  • Registration process more stringent with Email & Mobile Verification.
  • The Service Charges on this new site is lower compared to IRCTC. Only Rs 5 for normal sleeper class tickets. Even on AC Class it is Half compared to existing.
  • There is a proposed new facility where your booked tickets will be SMS'ed on your registered mobile. You don't need to take print out. The ticket on Mobile with carried Identity proof will be valid.

• Like 6

Great...

irctc is very overloaded during 8AM to 9AM.

Hardly a user get Tatkal ticket.

To be frank the new website was not functioning as expected , there are still many hiccups. I tried hard to book a ticket but not successful so instead booked it on clear trip.com paying Rs 15 extra.

I don't really know why Indian Railways cant handle its online services well ,yea of course we should understand the increase of internet bookings now a days. They should come out with other options as well.

If i am not wrong tatkal quota tickets cant be booked in the new website.

The new websites is bogus one with lot of bugs. I tried to sign Up but every time unsuccessful as it not accept mobile verification code sent through sms. We can't expect much from NIC guy getting regular salary from our taxes. Hope they Will outsource this to some reputed firm.

i will surely try this website... lets hope smart agents dont mis use it

IRCTC platform is stable and easy to use.

It also has benefits for frequent travellers.

So, would stick to it for now.

The new websites is bogus one with lot of bugs. I tried to sign Up but every time unsuccessful as it not accept mobile verification code sent through sms. We can't expect much from NIC guy getting regular salary from our taxes. Hope they Will outsource this to some reputed firm.

this site is made by either HCL or HP, and surely not by NIC.

registered without a hiccup. No bookings as of now. Hopefully it shuld be better then irctc

this site is made by either HCL or HP, and surely not by NIC.

The pre-existing site is maintained by TCS..let me find out if the new one is also done by the same people..will keep you all posted.

Khooj guru Rajan Ki Jai Ho

I think we should have a Rajan+

Registered on the new site got SMS immidiately

checked mail

confirm a/c

Entered the Verification code

registration process completed.

I too was able to register in first attempt. Didnt booked the tickets although.

Able to get an User ID easily. Website needs much more attention and needs to be more user friendly.

IRCTC also has crossed so many milestones before reaching this stage. Current IRCTC is a recent updation of a beta version (was in trial for quite some time).

Edited by admirer2000

got the sms immediately but on submitting it for verification, it says Your session has expired! or mobile activation failed !!!!

edit : final try and every thing worked.

Edited by nitink

raised a account creation request, got a email immediately, but no SMS been 10 minutes now ... , Hoping i get the same ...

Before completing registration form, browser redirects and says "your session is expired"

I registered for this on the first day of launch itself without any issues... But when my BIL tried next after half an hour (after restarting modem + computer) he can't register, reasons session expired, NO SMS code, etc...

Further the speed/performance of this website is also NOT that good or can say only as good/bad as irctc only...

I think instead of launching new websites, IR should upgrade their server to handle the ever increasing user requests...

Totally agree with KD ji's last paragraph.

We need more convergence ie single window solutions which actually work well, not confuse the user with multiple portals doing the same thing equally badly.

The IRCTC website has big user base so focus should be on it, if the website has poor performance then simply upgrade the servers, not create a new website which is much more expensive and seems to be in alpha testing phase with many defects.

It takes time and effort to build a good customer experience, with such half baked efforts the railways will drive more online users towards the private websites.

Try using a different service provider, i did not get the SMS on my reliance phone, when i tried with airtel i got the sms within a minute and was able to register.

E-Ticket racket: IRCTC Cracks Whip On Agents

Source

NEW DELHI: It's the great Indian Railways e-ticketing ripoff. An illegal network of agents who not only plough in profits to the tune of lakhs by conning passengers to cough up five times the e-ticketing fee, but also hacking into the IRCTC website to corner tatkal tickets in bulk.

So, if you wondered why a confirmed tatkal ticket is so difficult to get, you have got your answer. Also, when you are being charged Rs 100 by a travel agent for a confirmed ticket, you are being duped. The actual fee is Rs 20.

The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the principal agency for ticketing, has recently stumbled upon this scam. Sources said sub-agents have developed a software package through which they hack into the IRCTC website during the opening hours of 8am to 9am and book tatkal tickets .

These shocking revelations have prompted IRCTC to set up an anti-fraud squad at the internet ticketing centre.

In the past three months, the vigilance department has launched surprise raids on about 150 sub-agents. Now, it has fixed the rules for booking e-tickets. First, only a single user can register on one email ID to book tickets. And agents will not be permitted to book tatkal or normal tickets between 8am to 9am when the IRCTC website opens.

Second, registration of all new principal and sub-agents has been stopped.

The department has also found that travel agents have created several IDs to apply for e-tickets, which were later de-activated. In June alone, the department deactivated around 2,831 multiple user IDs used to issue e-tickets. An IRCTC official said, "It has been found that passengers are charged somewhere between Rs 100 and 200 for every e-ticket, but no acknowledgement slip or receipt is given. Instead passengers are told these charges are included in the price of the fare. Also, agents are supposed to charge a fee for every PNR number, but they charge for every passenger on a particular ticket. Agents also don't ask passengers to fill up requisition forms before issuing tickets nor do they display ticket charges anywhere in their offices. This is in gross violation of rules."

What a news after a long time? Mr Rajan is all out fetching vital info.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

This seems to be effect of launch of new website. IRCTC is trying to show something to retain its customers.

The new site was the idea of Ms. Mamta Bannerjee. At least something has come out of it.

I tried to register some 4 days back. I got the SMS instantly but no email. Then I tried once again 2 days back but since then it is showing -

"The E-Ticketing Services Has Gone Under Maintenance. Inconveniences Caused Deeply Regretted."

Is this a site, really wanted to server passengers ?

Quiet Fast. Under Maintenance..NOW.

post-5509-0-16562200-1311413890_thumb.jp

Good news....

Now, no need to carry E-ticket as per this link. Virtual Ticket will also be allowed with ID card.

The circular reads as below...

Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) - The printout in standard specified Performa containing reservation particulars, and instructions for use which can be used by the passenger along with the relevant authorizedIdentification, as travel authority for performing the journey.

Virtual Reservation Message (VRM) - A screen-shot of the e-ticket displayed through laptops/palmtops/ Mobile phone is referred as Virtual Reservation Message (VRM).

ERS/VRM along with any one of the eight prescribed ID proofs in original and the indication of the passenger(s)' name(s) in the Reservation Chart will authorize the passenger to travel.

VRM combined with valid photo-id in original will be treated as an instrument on par with the ERS.

ERS/VRM along with one of the eight prescribed proofs of identity in original will also authorize the passenger to enter the platform on the day of journey and he/she will not be required to purchase platform ticket. ERS/VRM along with original id proof will be required to be produced on demand of Ticket Checking Staff on the platform.

Quiet Fast. Under Maintenance..NOW.

I am stuck... Want to cancel ticket for departure dt. 7th Aug. booked using this platform. Pls guide what to do. Unable to reach contact nos. given on site... Have dropped mail but still no reply....

Edited by hiteshkkk1
  • Like 1

The site is already under maintenance. Another typical government venture? Well actually the good and bad of any organisation depends on the will of the people on top. There are extremely efficient government agencies who are more than prepared to work to earn their pay and then there are the "typical" sarkari babu who will not budge unless his pockets are greased.

The efforts of the Railways in trying to establish a parallel is commendable but considering that both the websites are run by the Railways themselves, it does seem kind of senseless to have two web sites achieving the same result when all that was required was a revamping of the old one. Provision of better servers capable of handling the load would have been a much better option rather than adding to the confusion with one more website. Also, both these websites finally have to login to the original Railways server which contains the ticketing data so I dont see what we have gained in the whole process?