Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

New Online Reservation Website For Indian Railways

E-ticketing facility has been temporarily stopped.

The inconvenience has been regretted. Let's wait and hope that the problems get fixed fast.

Regarding cancellation of my ticket, I was not able to reach those nos. Finally on digging internet, found no, of Director of CRIS (PRS) & called him on mobile. He was very co-operative & understood my problem & assured me that my ticket will be cancelled & will get refund. I had called from my landline. He called on my registered mobile no. to confirm if its not non-genuine. No reply further but seems my ticket is cancelled. Below is screenshot status of my PNR.

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1l1sd/kh7a

Well you would realise that in most government agencies the top brass are quite co-operative, the only problem being that access to them is limited and difficult. But if indeed you do reach them, they would be more than willing to help. Anyway good Hitesh atleast you could cancel your ticket.

Oops.

Still e-ticketing facility not available in new site

:previous:

Correct. These things are currently being implemented, but not active for general visitors. The date and time of launch will be announced later.

But the restrictions on the registration on the new agents came into effect immediately then.

No eticketing on the new website. Redirects to irctc which su*ks at this time of the day

I had a real bad experience with that website www.indianrailways.gov.in

I tried to book a ticket from bhubaneswar to n.delhi in 3rd AC Duronto exp.

Eveything was going fine when after the payment confirmation I got the message from the website that I had not selected Veg/Non Veg food and Whether Bed roll required.. :surprise: I was never presented with an option :ranting: . Anyways the ticket booking FAILED.

There the real drama started...

I am used to the fast refund processing by IRCTC, but since this website is a direcly SARKARI website I Waited for refund for 5 days, called their customer care just to be told that "I will get the refund in 3 working days."

One fine morning I woke up from bed and checked the website to find <The site is down for maintenance>. It was like WTF...

Then 1000000s of calls to customer care, tons of frantic eMails, loads of :bash: over phone and

Finally after 3 months (YESS..!! THREE Long MONTHS) I got my refund... !!!

I even sent them a thank you eMail for returning me back my own money... Indian railways :hi2: Jai Ho..

Edited by sujitkumarhota
  • Like 1

i am in a similar situation i asked for ticket refund in September and i have still not got my refund, i called them numerous times, sending emails every week, everytime the response i s

Dear User,

Sincere apologies for inconvenience. Our e-ticket booking website is under maintenance.

We have logged your call on portal helpdesk & your money will be refunded soon.

Regards

Indian Railways

i would have sent over 25 emails to

customercare@indianrailways.gov.in

still getting the same response, did you have any other contacts or places to escalate or email to, i have over 2k stuck on my tickets from September.

^^^ When was the last time u contacted them ?

As far as I know they had made all refunds by 29th September and there are no pending refunds.

i have been writing to them on a weekly basis, from last 3 months and get the same candid response everytime. Till now i have not got my refund back .

I had booked a ticket using this portal but when i wanted to cancel it, the site stopped its services... I called various numbers but none of them helped. Finally, i found numbers of top officials of cris on this site http://dir.railnet.gov.in/wiki/cris_dmd and i talked to Mr Roy. He calmly understood my problem, and assured that my ticket would be canceled.. He even called me back on my registered mobile no. to cross check if this was not scam or goof up. though there was no written confirmation or email, next day the pnr showed modification.

Then i didn't do any follow up but after 3-4 odd months i got refund in my cr card ac. I specially called Mr Roy to thank him.

Hope this helps..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks, Hitesh, i would take a similar route and see where it lands up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

FORGET OF BOOKING TICKETS FROM IRCTC AND THIS GIVEN WEBSITE.. THESE WEBSITE STUCKS AROUND 8 AM TO 8.45 AM... AGENTS CAN EASILY BOOK TICKETS. BUT A NORMAL USER ID DOESNT OPEN.. THIS IS WHAT INDIAN RAILWAYS ALL ABOUT

You may already know this, but few months back i had booked some rail tickets using 1 of the 4 alternative private sites ( cleartrip, makemytrip, thomascook etc ) which have partnered with irctc.

They are great, you can see reservation status for the whole week for all classes and to/fro etc etc just like airline sites, see next week/previous week etc and book every thing in 1 click. I had done multiple options and cancelled later and the refund experience was also good.

Much much better than irctc which would make you wait 2 minutes for every single database query.

Edited by ami1

The site is no more accepting registrations..

Guess.. they will come back after plugging the bugs

....( cleartrip, makemytrip, thomascook etc ) which have partnered with irctc. ....

All the three, charges you extra - but comparatively good - cleartrip is best, Thomascook requires a pre-registration for even checking the availability.

FORGET OF BOOKING TICKETS FROM IRCTC AND THIS GIVEN WEBSITE.. THESE WEBSITE STUCKS AROUND 8 AM TO 8.45 AM... AGENTS CAN EASILY BOOK TICKETS. BUT A NORMAL USER ID DOESNT OPEN.. THIS IS WHAT INDIAN RAILWAYS ALL ABOUT

@ayaz_cool

Buddy, we requested you earlier also please do not post in All Caps.

IRCTC launches mobile ticketing service (Remember this is not launched by the new reservation site which has many problems but by IRCTC)

ws7bdj.png

Let them first upgrade their servers...

IRCTC launches mobile ticketing service (Remember this is not launched by the new reservation site which has many problems but by IRCTC)

Is this a new service, I think mobile services were available earlier also.

I remind to have used IRCTC on my Winmo earlier long time back.

As everytime... will work for agents & not normal users between 8 -9 am.

Fayda kuch nahi if u need tatkal. & if its not emergency... i would rather wait n go home n do it from a PC.

Is this a new service, I think mobile services were available earlier also.

I remind to have used IRCTC on my Winmo earlier long time back.

IRCTC has announced it as a new service 2 days back. Did you use on WINMO full site www.irctc.co.in or any mobile site? I haven't used any IRCTC mobile page earlier, So can't say. But recently announced page Https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile looked better optimized to me for mobile viewing.

Ngpay is very fast as compared to any website to book railway tickets

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Friends.. Indian Railway has Now Decided To increase the Advance Railway reservation period for booking train tickets from the existing 90 days to 120 days

... now there wil be huge rush of waiting list....

:nerves:

J1wUY.jpg

Ya, this has been announced sometime back. It will start from 10th March onwards on Trial Basis.

But I think 4 months of advance reservation is too much.