Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

MTS Internet Service On Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

I am using samsung galaxy pop cdma omh android handset(model no.SCH i559) with my mts cdma connection. At first I was facing problem to transfer my number to omh ruim due to unavailability of blank omh ruim cards from MTS. But after waiting for 6 months i got my number transferred in omh in the month of july. After getting omh i was very happy because i thought that i am now able to access 1x & evdo (MTS evdo is available in my area) internet service on my samsung galaxy pop which worth 9000 bucks for me.. but all of my expectations were crashed when i am unable to access internet on my pop cdma with mts omh sim, i contacted with MTS service staffs & was able to know that my 1x internet service is activated from MTS's end.. but till now i am not able to access internet (neither 1x nor evdo) with my galaxy pop n mts omh sim.. but to my surprise, i am able to access internet with that particular mts omh card in other samsung omh cdma handset, i.e.metro tv (model no.M519).. i tried with other omh mts ruim's in my galaxy pop android handset but not able to connect internet with any of them also but all those sim cards are functional for internet in other samsung omh handsets..when i am trying to connect any type of internet activity in my galaxy pop with mts omh card, the error shows "data connectivity problem..server failed to communicate".. I tried with different manual omh settings but the problem remains same..But I am able to surf/access internet service in my samsung galaxy pop cdma handset with Reliance India mobile(RIM) omh ruim cards normally.. with rim omh card i am always able to access internet in my samsung galaxy pop cdma handset from the first day of my purchase of galaxy pop cdma without any extra configuration & harassment.. but after long wait I did not find any solution regarding my problem neither from mts nor samsung' end.. i dont know who is the culprit behind this problem(the handset manufacturer or the service provider or any other)but I just want solution for my problem..

RIM Guru's & other members pls help me to find any solution asap...

i am really fed-up now...I already sent emails to MTS CC,Nodal, Appellate,CSD Chief,Twit with Samsung & done two complain by phone with samsung...but nothing get solved till now...

Edited by avishekghosh

Try the following solution given in the end part of the first post here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__233021

To configure handset like Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA:

Go to Setting > Wireless > Mobile Network > APN > Add new APN >

Username = MDN

Password = MDN

Homepage – www.google.com

Save it and then select it as default.

Where MDN is your MTS Mobile Number..

Rajan bhai I think MDN is uid pwd for RCDMA not for MTS, read somewhere that uid is internet@internetmtsindia.in/internet@internet.mtsindia.in with pwd MTS? Avishek had you asked CC for the settings as we discussed?

From what I heard at the local MTS franchisee internet on mobile is not available.

@rajanmehta

@dipanlahiri

I tried both the setting mentioned by both of u..with un & pw as MDN & internet@internetmtsindia.in/internet@internet.mtsindia.in with pwd MTS..but the situations remains same with same error saying "data connectivity problem"...

dipanl bhai...i talked with csd staffs & cc...they gave me different settings but all are in vain...no solution ,same error..

@ thilak.kmb

Internet on mobile with MTS connection is possible....I checked it with some other samsung omh handsets....

the blank omh profile in my galaxy pop,sch i559 shows these fields.....

name

ppp number

username

password

authentication type(none/pap/chap/pap or chap)

proxy

port

data bearer

mcc

mnc

From what I heard at the local MTS franchisee internet on mobile is not available.

since you are able to access net on other devices with same RUIM, problem lies with your handset only. are you sure your phone is really OMH?

since you are able to access net on other devices with same RUIM, problem lies with your handset only. are you sure your phone is really OMH?

I also have same doubt...

But as par Samsung & omhworld.com

this sch-i559(galaxy pop cdma)is an OMH device.....

pop omh1.bmp

Edited by Arun
<< Please convert to jpeg or gif when uploading to keep the file size lesser >>

:previous: Have no doubt, it is OMH only. I have used the Pop with both Tata as well as Reliance ~ data working fine.
  • Like 1

:previous: Have no doubt, it is OMH only. I have used the Pop with both Tata as well as Reliance ~ data working fine.

then is a matter of settings only.

@avishek

What proxy u r using?

If not try to get proxy setting?

BTW waht is charge of accesing 1x/evdo internet from other samsung handset like metro?

Also try to get other POP handset from service center/showroom and test ur ruim in that handset?

Send mail to MTS stating that "update samsung pop handset in ur database", it may resolve your problem

What plan you're using man? In which circle?

What plan you're using man? In which circle?

I am from West Bengal Telecom circle..

& there is no scope of choosing plans till now as i am not able to access internet in my pop with mts...

@ni0987

May be...can any one post the actual settings for mts in pop cdma?(the fields of blank omh profile from my pop mentioned here in previous post)

@ thilak.kmb

Internet on mobile with MTS connection is possible....I checked it with some other samsung omh handsets....

In that case can somebody help me activate MTS internet on Samsung Corby. Im in TN.

Kumaran???

Edited by thilak.kmb

name

ppp number

username

password

authentication type(none/pap/chap/pap or chap)

proxy

port

data bearer

mcc

mnc

what do you see with Reliance and MTS OMH RUIM ??? plz post these also!

Check with Sadikk bhai he has knowledge of MTS might be able to help.

@thilak, hi nanba, jus call up 155. they'll tell the correct settings .i've written it somewhere but i forgot where. Actually, browsing charges are rs.2/MB. No plans available. Do you've a omh sim or normal sim?

The whole idea of "OMH" is that no settings need to be changed, The handset shoudl work seemlessly -pick teh username and passcode/auth parameters from the RUIM and connect. I am sure the issue is in the RUIM Card from service provisioning perspective. Can you check the RUIM card in another OMH"RUBY CERTIFIED" Handset like a Corby, F219, B559, etc ?

@ me_saket

I am using the proxy 10.50.5.140,port-8080 with mts omh..

i did not check the charges..

i will try to check my ruim with other pop soon..

i will surely send a mail again to mts...

@RDB Sir...

the default omh profile dont have any show option in pop...i can not able to view or edit it in pop...

BTW MTS today activated evdo service in my number(I checked it with metro tv & the speed is good)...now evdo tower is showing in galaxy pop...but the problems remains same,no solution till now...

MTS now saying that they have done everything from their end...now they are saying that this is a matter of my handset,& only samsung can arrange the remedy for it...they dont have nothing to solve now....I am really frustrated now....friends...what is ur comment regarding this?...who is the culprit behind my problem..samsung/mts/both/other???

@dipanlahiri

I already send a mail to sadikbhai regarding this...but dont get any reply from him...can u ask sadik ji about this matter?....I will send the detailed problem of mine by mail to u... Can u share ur email address with me via PM..?

@ ujjwalsarin

I already checked my ruim in a OMH"RUBY CERTIFIED" Handset Samsung Metro TV(M519) & the internet(both 1x n evdo) is working perfectly with MTS in that handset...

@thilak, hi nanba, jus call up 155. they'll tell the correct settings .i've written it somewhere but i forgot where. Actually, browsing charges are rs.2/MB. No plans available. Do you've a omh sim or normal sim?

I am actually having an OMH sim only. Nobody has confirmed the use of data on MTS incl you Kumaran. :SI:

@ thilak, aama nanba, enkitta omh mobile illa. That's why not able to check. Thought of buying a new one. But, as mts doesnt have good plans for data and also no evdo in my place, lost interest. Anyway, did you try that data card helpline? They might have some knowledge regarding settings. Else call nodal(9150255255) or appelate(9150355355). FYI, They won't attend the calls very easily. So, keep trying. Meanwhile i'll try to enquire and update you.. Ok va!

And btw, what booster packs you've put? What's your tariff?

Edited by gpkumaran

I'm uing same handset with Reliance

below mentioned is my setting

name : xxxx

ppp number : #777

username : mdn

password : mdn

authentication type(none/pap/chap/pap or chap) : chap

proxy : not set

port : not set

data bearer

mcc : 404

mnc : 00

mts is also offering android on HTC pulse, non-RUIM, preconfigured EVDO.

if there are any user of that handset on this forum, may be he would be able to help.

In case of Mblaze, PPP no #777, user id is "internet@internet.mtsindia.in"

password is masked, 3 character, but the dealer told me it could be either "mts" or "MTS"

authentication type is "none"

Edited by commonman

And btw, what booster packs you've put? What's your tariff?

Hi

I am using Post paid with 1p/2s. The top up I usually have is 109/with 109m free.